Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Voice  (Read 35136 times)
Starrgurl

All the things she said running through my head...

« on: August 06, 2007, 02:24PM »

Forgive me if a similar topic has been posted, but I was listening to The Voice this morning and realized that the voice represented many different things, so there are countless possibilities of what "the voice" could be. Personally, I think the voice she's talking about is God, but I respect whatever you guys believe.

So what/who do you think the voice is?

If we all will dare to dream dreams
Of a new and brighter day
If we work to make them come true
We will surely find a way
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 02:45PM »

Well, I think the Voice is about You the person being the Voice for others who can't speak up for themselves.  You are the person who is going to teach others and help them along.

Thats about it for right now. 

Thanks Lindsey
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 03:00PM »

i see it first and formost as God. It is a spirit song for me but I do that with most songs anyway. If not on a spiritual level it is the person that truly loves you is the Voice.
Lisa_Kelly_fan_forever
Total Fanatic

FaFo...."Why am I so Caramel Cinamonny?"

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 03:07PM »

Well, I think the Voice is about You the person being the Voice for others who can't speak up for themselves.  You are the person who is going to teach others and help them along.

Thats about it for right now. 

I would say that's a pretty nice answer as well, but notice that, from what Lisa says in the beginning of the song, she is not talking, but being talked to by the Voice.  Thus, my answer would probably go alon the lines of God as well.  There's no telling unless we found out from David or whoever else wrote the song.

Proud to be a FANTIE!!! Grin Grin

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Grin
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 03:15PM »

I love how different people see different things in songs (and poetry, etc).  I think part of the beauty of it is that people are left to their own devices for interpretation.  For me, The Voice seems like it's from Ireland speaking to her Children.  Anyway you look at it, it's one powerful song!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:17PM »

I love how different people see different things in songs (and poetry, etc).  I think part of the beauty of it is that people are left to their own devices for interpretation.   Anyway you look at it, it's one powerful song!

Oh yeah this is so true!
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 03:20PM »

For me it is first and foremost my heavenly father, God. He is saying that he is calling me to his side while he controls the world and I have nothing to worry about. Smiley

HOWEVER. . . . . . . .

I can see how people would totally not agree with me on that one. This song is so powerful, that it can mean almost anything to anyone! (which in my opinion, is what is so great about CW!!! Grin)
Texas Chava

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 03:29PM »

To me it is just the voice of the Universe speaking to the world.  I just know I love the song, and whenever I put the ANJ cd on, my husband wants me to skip directly to that song.   Grin

Banner by Scott
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 03:30PM »

Well it seems most of us see it as God. I wonder who Lisa believes the voice is?
Kelsey

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:47PM »

Well it seems most of us see it as God. I wonder who Lisa believes the voice is?

Good question!  I'd love to know what Lisa thinks about this song.

I personally think of it as being God speaking to me.  Everytime I hear The Voice, I find a huge power in it.

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:53PM »

Well we also need to know what Mairead thinks cause she plays in this song to. She can have her opinion too. I would like to know what all the girls think about the songs they sing.
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 08:58PM »

I love that The Voice is past, present and future, elements of the four seasons, no matter what happens, "I will remain".  For me as well, I think of God. 

What I also love is that in a world where everything changes so fast, there are some things that are unchanging, that we can count on, even when it seems like our world is falling apart. 

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Edgeman

Something something something darkside...

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 11:46PM »

When I heard this song it made me think of Gaia. To me she would be more of a voice of the Earth then God.

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 01:02AM »

Here is what Lisa says about The Voice on her forum on December 8, 2006:

"You know, i'm sure when Brendan Graham wrote the song, he had a special meaning of some sort.  I first heard the song when it won the eurovision back in the late 90's and loved it.  It was quite a different arrangement of it but it's such a powerful and dynamic song that it's quite easy for me to sing, really. It's probably my favourite moment of the show.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks again for your support
Lisax"

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Gwyn71

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 04:30AM »

I think it's God. When it says 'by my wounds you are healed' I immediately think of Christ's crucifixion. To me it does seem to point to God.
I'd also love to hear Lisa's interpretation of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: