Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to change rooms in the chat  (Read 26403 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« on: September 05, 2008, 06:29PM »

As we’re now using multiple rooms in the chat for both our Friday Night Chat Series and the occasional special DVD/CD chat I thought it’d be a good idea to explain how to change rooms.

When you enter, the chat should look something like this:

When you first enter the chat you are in automatically in the default room named, conveniently, ‘chat.’ But as you can see in the room list (circled in red below) there is another room called ‘DVD Chat’ and that’s the room you want to be in.

So to switch rooms we need to use the room selector which is located above the main chat area, seen below, once again in the big red circle.

Clicking on the room selector will open a drop down menu like this:

From there select the room you want, in this case ‘DVD Chat.’ This will switch you into the other room.

If you are still having problems, PM me when your in the chat and I’ll invite you to the room, which means you’ll see a popup box that looks like this:

Push accept and you’ll be moved to the other room.

Thanks to Chris and Cait for helping me get all the screen caps I needed for this.

aislin
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:49AM by OldFatGuy » Logged
howard

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:41PM »

Thanks For That Aslin...  Huh  Undecided  Wink
Howard
timi

Misic gives life more meaning!

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:53AM »

thanks so much!
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 07:18AM »

Thanks for the info. I am challenged at times! LOL Roll Eyes Shocked Grin

Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:40AM »

Thanks aislin!  I ran into that problem for the Órlagh live chat Saturday afternoon.  I had trouble getting to this thread too (I couldn't click on the link and I'd forgotten how to get out of the chat LOL! )  Rich ended up inviting me so I was able to get in that way. Smiley  Thanks, Rich! Grin

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: