Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Else Having Alex Withdrawl?  (Read 30377 times)
tlpeg?

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2010, 12:44PM »

Very much so. Especially when i watch the DVD or youtube videos such as their visit with P.S. 22 - particulary when they sing "Empire State of Mind". We are so fortunate to have been exposed to Alex and her music. 
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2010, 01:47PM »

I am having an 'Alex I want you to come back attack' right now....
alll the time!!!!!!!!!

EnchantingYou

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 01:54PM »

oh yeah, definitely having Alex withdrawl. I loved her stage presence the most.

You guys are so lucky and blessed to have seen her in concert with Celtic Woman. I always hoped I'd be able to.
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 05:50PM »

I was lucky or blessed I like to say to see her 3 times in one month.  Cheesy

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 06:06PM »

I miss her too. I was so fortunate to have had the opportunity to befriend her and get to know her. It will be sad not seeing her after shows or onstage anymore. But it makes me happy to know that she is happy with the choice she made. She's a remarkable woman.

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 04:00PM »

I'm not suffering from Alex withdrawal...yet.  I'm sad that I won't be able to see her in concert anymore, but I don't think it will really hit me until I see them in concert again.  However, I am glad I got to see her at least once.

One thing's for certain though, I'm very upset that I won't get to hear her duet with Lynn--I've always wanted to hear them sing together. Sad
Artist1

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 06:11PM »

Of course, I'm in rough shape again as Orla broke my heart by leaving so did Alex, ok, I really would not go that far but I do miss their performances in the show.

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 08:38PM »

Yes Sad This afternoon, I was coming back from the northwoods and listening to Nil Se'n La. When I heard Alex's clear, powerful alto part I had a pang of sadness when I realized I wouldn't be seeing her again anytime soon. I'm really going to miss her.

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48PM »

Yes Sad This afternoon, I was coming back from the northwoods and listening to Nil Se'n La. When I heard Alex's clear, powerful alto part I had a pang of sadness when I realized I wouldn't be seeing her again anytime soon. I'm really going to miss her.

That's how it is for me. I had a hard time listening to SftH for awhile because I couldn't listen to the songs without thinking that her voice would no longer be blending so beautifully with the other ladies. BUT, nothing makes me happier than to know that the people I care about most in this life are happy. Alex is one of those people and I can tell everyone that she is VERY happy to be with her husband and son full time again.

mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 08:18AM »

Yes I am.

The Celtic Woman show will remain beautiful, I'm sure.  I feel that there will be something missing.  Maybe like a vocal bouquet with one color of flower missing.  What remains is still beautiful though not the same.

Phil

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 07:52PM »

Yes I am.

The Celtic Woman show will remain beautiful, I'm sure.  I feel that there will be something missing.  Maybe like a vocal bouquet with one color of flower missing.  What remains is still beautiful though not the same.

Phil

Very nicely put

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 06:43PM »

Yes I am, especially because Alex gained my full respect when I saw the tour in May. She announced she was leaving about two weeks later. It's very sad  Sad

barbeaver

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 03:28PM »

Phil:  I just wanted to tell you that I really was touched with what you said about CW being a vocal bouquet with one color flower missing. What remains is still beautiful, but not the same. I think we have felt this way as each girl has departed. I just hoping CW will stay intact for a long time to come.
Thanks for posting.
Barb...I miss Alex too.

EMERALD GEMS
bigCWfan17

3/15...The day I FINALLY saw/met Celtic Woman :)

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 06:16AM »

I had major Alex withdraw,she was the whole reason why I decided to go back to choir and start singing again;Alex, you will be dearly missed by the CW communnity  Sad

"You are enough. You are so enough. It's unbelievable how enough you are."-- Sierra Boggess
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 06:10PM »

I had major Alex withdraw,she was the whole reason why I decided to go back to choir and start singing again;Alex, you will be dearly missed by the CW communnity  Sad

I think I can safely say that Alex would be thrilled to know that she inspired your return to music. Keep it up in her honor.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: