Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Else Having Alex Withdrawl?  (Read 30373 times)
LizLuttrell

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 11:15PM »

Yes Yes all the time but I do listen to her in my car and I-touch along with the other 3 CDs of Celtic woman. I was lucky to see her perform twice on May 9th Mother's Day in Sacramento. But I do wish her the best.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:32PM by LizLuttrell » Logged
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 10:06AM »

Yes Sad This afternoon, I was coming back from the northwoods and listening to Nil Se'n La. When I heard Alex's clear, powerful alto part I had a pang of sadness when I realized I wouldn't be seeing her again anytime soon. I'm really going to miss her.

That's how it is for me. I had a hard time listening to SftH for awhile because I couldn't listen to the songs without thinking that her voice would no longer be blending so beautifully with the other ladies. BUT, nothing makes me happier than to know that the people I care about most in this life are happy. Alex is one of those people and I can tell everyone that she is VERY happy to be with her husband and son full time again.
Yes, that makes me happy too. I'm really glad that she is getting family time to spend with her son and husband. Smiley

PATTY TUCKER
Honorary Roadie

"I bless you... and you bless me too."

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 02:18PM »

I miss her too! I understand her wanting to be with her family. Family should always come first. But, when I listen to SFTH I can't imagine her not there. Although I have not heard them perform without her, I would think they would lose some of the fullness and range without her rich versatile voice to complete a quartet verses a trio. I'm sure they are fantastic, but I'm just saying.   MISS, MISS, MISS her!!!! Sad

"OUR GIRLS"

"OUR ANGELS"
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

Celtic Woman is aMéaving! :D

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2010, 12:44AM »

I miss her sooo much! Sad

Dear Meav, you are my idol.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2010, 04:39AM »

When I'm listening True Colors/You'll be in my heart/My Heart Was Home Again Sad and I read reviews about the Summer Tour 2010.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
hutch

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 03:10PM »

Every time I hear "You"ll Be in My Heart" , which is more or less every day.
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 03:32PM »

I do right now!
Jennifer
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 09:42PM »

I do right now! Cry Listening to her sing My Heart Was Home Again... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
LoveLisaKelly
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2010, 01:10PM »

I really miss Alex. Always when I listen to hear songs ..

by me
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2010, 04:18PM »

I just today started to be able to listen to her sing.   Cry Cry
She has the most sweet and calming voice!!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
lisaddict
Total Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2010, 11:04PM »

I miss the incredible way she looks when she is singing a song. Looks like that can and have broken hearts (Yes mine  Cry)

Thank you Soooo Much Firefly for the amazing set you made for me!!! Cool
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2010, 05:39PM »

I hated to see her go in the prime of her life but I guess family comes first.

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17PM »

Cheesy   When the lights dimmed completely, and the entrances were ready..as they came on stage with votive candles
       there was a hush in the audience, and a air of expectation that we were actually in the presence of Celtic Woman
      ...they then took their places and the lights slowly came up...when I saw the THREE of them....now appropriately
         spaced and singing the initial strains of "Nil se'n LA"   My heart did an audible loud crack...I heard it at least and
          told Searcher 119 the Forum Member sitting next to me..."There's no Alex in the line"...ooooh,,,that really hurt...
           but they all did their magic and the show was so well-staged...I soon settled down.....but I will never forget
            that crushing moment when Alex did not appear....on that beautiful stage....so YES, I did have Alex withdrawal...
             I hope she will get a much deserved rest, and continue to thrive within her family circle...She is missed...

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
skybuffalo

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 08:45PM »

Life has kept me pretty busy for a while so I have not been visiting the board in a long time and was totally surprised when I read that Alex was not with the girls any longer. I was lucky enough to see her in two concerts and fell in love with that beautiful voice. I will miss her smile and lively performances.

Ron
LizLuttrell

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2010, 12:17AM »

I am seeing by first concert without Alex being there in Concord, CA. Cry I will miss her awesome smile, expressions and voice. I know I will enjoy the concert. I have got a great seat 2nd row from the stage Smiley. I can hardly wait. The ladies are awesome. I know Alex is enjoying being back with her husband and son, but I still miss her.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: