Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Else Having Alex Withdrawl?  (Read 30376 times)
KelticKraze

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2010, 05:29PM »

I didn't really pick up on Alex until I realized it was her voice in Amazing Grace that gave me cold chills. She took that song to another level for me. So yes, I miss her still.

KC
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 11:00PM »

Tomorrow night will be my first show without Alex. It won't be easy, but I'll be leaning on Chloë, Lisa, Lynn, and Máiréad to help me get through it. Smiley I'll definitely have to listen to Alex's solos in the car on the way to the theater just to get my Alex fill for the day.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010, 08:42PM »

Okay, I take back my earlier comment.  I just finished watching SftH on WPSU and I just started tearing up while Alex was singing.  It made me realize that the next time I see them perform, Alex won't be with them; I'll really miss her. Sad
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010, 09:11PM »

I had been getting better about the withdrawals...but they came back after seeing Orlagh and Meav. Hearing Sandy talk about "her Meav" and seeing Orlagh and Kelli together made me miss "my Alex" soooo very much!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2012, 09:59AM »

I still miss her.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2012, 02:21PM »

I didn't really pick up on Alex until I realized it was her voice in Amazing Grace that gave me cold chills. She took that song to another level for me. So yes, I miss her still.
  It was love at first sight when I saw sweet, beautiful Alex. I know what you mean about her part in "Amazing Grace". She sang that Sooo passionately and heartfelt. I believe this to be the case because I understand  Alex is a strong lady of faith.

oregongirl29
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2012, 02:03AM »

It was love at first sight when I saw sweet, beautiful Alex. I know what you mean about her part in "Amazing Grace". She sang that Sooo passionately and heartfelt. I believe this to be the case because I understand  Alex is a strong lady of faith.

Do you know what part it was that she sang? I just hear Lisa K and Chloe,
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2012, 08:24AM »

I really miss her on Walking The Night. Chloe sings her part so very well, but Alex was just able to dig deep into her soul and make that song breathe.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2012, 12:22PM »

I can't forget "You'll Be In My Heart" when she sang it during the Songs From The Heart tour ! Cheesy it was so moving and I think no one can sing it as she sang this beautiful song. I missed her a lot..

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2012, 04:37PM »

After Lisa starts the verse first solo, Alex and Chloe start in on the second verse. Alex can be heard singing "I  once was lost..."  She is the one who seems an octave higher than Lisa and Chloe. Finally Lynn joins in the last verses. Alex's voice can also be prominently heard in the phrase "...I have already come...".  It's easy for me to know this owning the SFTH DVD.  Hopefully, you can get this nice DVD for your birthday or Christmas.  Smiley

oregongirl29
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2012, 05:46PM »

It was love at first sight when I saw sweet, beautiful Alex. I know what you mean about her part in "Amazing Grace". She sang that Sooo passionately and heartfelt. I believe this to be the case because I understand  Alex is a strong lady of faith.

After Lisa starts the verse first solo, Alex and Chloe start in on the second verse. Alex can be heard singing "I  once was lost..."  She is the one who seems an octave higher than Lisa and Chloe. Finally Lynn joins in the last verses. Alex's voice can also be prominently heard in the phrase "...I have already come...".  It's easy for me to know this owning the SFTH DVD.  Hopefully, you can get this nice DVD for your birthday or Christmas.  Smiley

I hope so to, I just watched the Whole concert from the SFTH dvd at this website,

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1195509529/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:09PM by Irishgirl29 » Logged
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2012, 10:42AM »

No one sings "My Heart Was Home Again" like Alex.  The power and passion she put into it was incredible. 

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: