Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Órla concert in Statesville, NC  (Read 39716 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2010, 09:40PM »

Congratulations to Orla on selling out the show!!! I'm super impressed with how well she is doing as a solo artist! She rocks.

I hope you all have a wonderful time at the show and try not to trample on each other trying to get to the good seats when the doors open LOL. Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2010, 09:45PM »

Congratulations to Orla on selling out the show!!! I'm super impressed with how well she is doing as a solo artist! She rocks.

I hope you all have a wonderful time at the show and try not to trample on each other trying to get to the good seats when the doors open LOL. Cheesy

I just got this image of 800 people making a run for the front row.  It made me laugh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I know I will be.  This is Orlagh for goodness sake and my first time seeing her!  I want to be close! Grin

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2010, 09:47PM »

I just got this image of 800 people making a run for the front row.  It made me laugh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I know I will be.  This is Orlagh for goodness sake and my first time seeing her!  I want to be close! Grin

You could always sit on each other's laps! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2010, 10:24PM »

You could always sit on each other's laps! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

HAHAHAHA!! That would definitely make us stand out to Orlagh! Cheesy

carl

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2010, 09:53AM »

I am going to drive up Friday night after work.

Any good places to see?  Eat?
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2010, 06:32PM »

I'll be wearing my Orla button in case anyone from the forum wants to meet.  It would be great if others did likewise so we can easily identify and introduce ourselves.  Wink Grin

MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2010, 09:45AM »

I talked to the people at Borders and they told me that Orla will have her harp and will perform.  Woo Hoo!

Mike

Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2010, 12:47PM »

Gah!! I can't believe that I'm gonna miss it! I wasn't able to get tickets in time. Sad

carl

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2010, 08:54PM »

Super, super, super good  Smiley

Keyboard, fiddle, and Orla ... That's all there was ... But tons of talent too ...

Great seats and a good venue for Orla's voice ...

Wow!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2010, 12:59AM »

Super, super, super good  Smiley

Keyboard, fiddle, and Orla ... That's all there was ... But tons of talent too ...

Great seats and a good venue for Orla's voice ...

Wow!

Any more details you'd care to share? Please?  Cheesy

I guess I'll just have to wait impatiently until the concert reviews come out. Grin
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2010, 09:55AM »

Orlagh was FANTASTIC!!  The show was FANTASTIC!!!  I'm so glad I finally got to meet her!  She sang beautifully and was so kind to Katharine and me!!  I finally got to meet THEE Orlagh Fallon! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy There really are no other words!

bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2010, 10:09AM »

YAY!!!!!!! All you attendees are now official members of the "Still Smilin Club!"
So glad you could get to meet amazing Orlagh!
Bruce

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin....I'll be really smilin in 5 more days!!!

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2010, 08:29PM »

Well, most of us are back home now after a wonderful experience with Orla in Statesville last night!  Here is a link to Mike's (Mr. Peabody) review and photos from the show he has posted on the Mairead forum: http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3957.msg66438#msg66438

I'll get to work on one myself, to add my perspective on a few things.  Here is one of the group photos (which actually was Orla's idea!) taken with Mike's camera by one of Orla's staff and which might include some familiar faces:

Depicted are, beginning back row L-R: Starman (me), Phill and Susan Meeks, Mike (Mr. Peabody); Front row: Beverly Krebs (bj1111purple), Lifeismusic2009, Heather Meeks, one--ahem, Ms. Orla Fallon, Kelli and Zee.

We folks shown there made up the front row centre section at the show.  We had many forum members on the second row centre section as well, whom I hope will also post with their observations.  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:27PM by Starman » Logged

Tennessee

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2010, 10:01PM »

Well I can now say I have driven through snow, sleet, hail and high water to see Orlagh Fallon in concert! My 6 hr drive from Georgia went pretty smoothly until the South Carolina border when the snow and sleet came.  Let's just say we DO NOT see snow in South Georgia so it was exciting until the 7 car pileup in front of us happened.  Thank you Lord my truck was not involved but several people were taken by ambulance as we waited for emergency personnel to clear our lanes.  That being said it was well worth it to get to see Zee & Kelli and finally meet Starman & Mr. Peabody.  Orla was as always excellent and I loved the dress she had on but she truly amazed me by remembering me from Savannah over a year ago.  Whatever she's taking for her memory I want some!  I did get a chance to chat & snap another pic with her so it was a great night.  Someone asked after the concert would I drive that far again...Absolutely!

John 20:29
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2010, 10:23PM »

Well I can now say I have driven through snow, sleet, hail and high water to see Orlagh Fallon in concert! My 6 hr drive from Georgia went pretty smoothly until the South Carolina border when the snow and sleet came.  Let's just say we DO NOT see snow in South Georgia so it was exciting until the 7 car pileup in front of us happened.  Thank you Lord my truck was not involved but several people were taken by ambulance as we waited for emergency personnel to clear our lanes.  That being said it was well worth it to get to see Zee & Kelli and finally meet Starman & Mr. Peabody.  Orla was as always excellent and I loved the dress she had on but she truly amazed me by remembering me from Savannah over a year ago.  Whatever she's taking for her memory I want some!  I did get a chance to chat & snap another pic with her so it was a great night.  Someone asked after the concert would I drive that far again...Absolutely!

It was great seeing you at the concert. When we didn't see you at Borders, Kelli and I wondered what happened. Glad you made it safely.

As to Orlagh's memory - I agree, it IS amazing!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: