Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Órla concert in Statesville, NC  (Read 39640 times)
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 09:37PM »

You lucky dogs!!!!!!!!!
Who can make this one? Let's see if we can't get forum members to as many of Orlagh's US concerts as possible!
Zee
It's a little far, but I might be able to make this one.  I'll just schedule a business trip to southern Virginia and take little detour on the way home.  Grin  Hopefully there will be other shows announced soon so I can plan my late fall tour schedule.

Mike

Shammy
Total Fanatic

The Flood. <3

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 01:36AM »

OMG! It's a 4 hour drive from where my sister lives! Shocked Shocked I have to convince my parents to go on a visit now! Cheesy

Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 03:08PM »

I called the concert promoters (Iredell Concert Assn) about the Orla show in Statesville NC on December 4.
  For $40 ($20 student season ticket if under 18 years old) you will receive a season ticket that includes the Orla show in Statesville NC (and four other shows); OR if you prefer to wait and purchase a ticket for the Orla show only, tix will be available at the door for $20 (box office opens about 1 hr before show starts).  Seats are not reserved, and the auditorium is large enough that the event may not sell out -- but no guarantees that tix will be available in large numbers on the day of the show.  There is not a (formal) M&G, but Orla will probably greet fans in the lobby after the show (expect to be in line a while).
  If you want to order a season ticket for $40 (each adult)/$20 (each student under 18) [there are special family rates for season tix - see order form] and be guaranteed a seat, you have to send a ticket order form along with a check/money order to the IREDELL CONCERT ASSOCIATION (no credit cards, no tax, no shipping charge).  Here's the PDF file to copy: 
                                           http://iredellconcerts.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ica-2010-color-brochure.pdf
  If you decide you want to get a ticket at the door, bring $20 in cash.  What else?  Parking - no charge, auditorium has limited space in front and a large parking lot in rear.  Oh yeah, you can order season tix at any time (now or even after the season starts), but they will not be mailed until September. 

Some considerations:
           The lady I talked to, Ms Whatley, doesn't expect this to be a sell-out; she says the auditorium is large.   Wink   
           These ticket prices are rediculously low espcially when you consider that the crowd will most likely be small. 
           Being able to buy a ticket at the door means you don't even have to decide now  Roll Eyes , but the advantage to
           purchasing the season ticket is that you will be able to skip whatever box office line is there and get a better
           seat  Cheesy .  North Carolina in early December may have cold, even snowy conditions, or maybe not  Huh

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 04:25PM »

Thank you so much for this wealth of information, Ganconagh!  The low price for tickets ought to encourage some to undertake the travel!  Everyone should take a close look at their ability to attend this one!  It would be an ideal opportunity for a forum event!  And those of us who braved the threat of winter weather on December 4, 2009 in Cleveland ought not worry much about those prospects for December 4, 2010 in North Carolina!   Wink Grin

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 04:50PM »

Thanks, Joe, for the info!  That is good news for us.  We have plenty of time to figure out if it'll work for us or not.  Then, if Orlagh doesn't come any closer to us, and we can make it to the show, we could just head on up there that day and get in.  Cheesy 

Oh, it would be awesome if we could do it!  To see Orlagh live in concert would be a dream come true! We'll just have to wait and see! Smiley

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
carl

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 07:28PM »

It would be cool if we could spread the word and end up with a big crowd ...

Smiley
Tennessee

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 09:01PM »

Not that far from me only 6 1/2 hours.  That's nothing to see Orla live!  I'm planning on being there.

John 20:29
celticartzyangel
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 09:36PM »

Why can't I live near NC?Huh  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Oh well, ya'll have fun!!!!!!!! Support Orla 200% that way she'll feel the love even from all of us who can't make it!!!!  Cheesy
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 05:24PM »

Not that far from me only 6 1/2 hours.  That's nothing to see Orla live!  I'm planning on being there.

That's the spirit!  I will have a similar drive.  But the memories of the show will be around long after the hardships of the trip are forgotten!  Wink Smiley

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 06:15PM »

I'm only an hour and a half away from me and the show is on a Saturday!!! This is perfect!!! Let me think about it for half a second...okay - COUNT ME IN!!!!! After seeing Orlagh once, I made the decision to ALWAYS try my very best to see her if she comes within like 5 hours of me lol. I just can't pass up this too good to be true location and timing  Cheesy

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 12:35PM »

Looks like there will be a sizable forum turn-out for this one! HUZZAH!!

To those who can't make the North Carolina concert, remember there will be others being announced so keep your eyes and ears open. ( And NO, I don't have any inside info on where! lol)

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 11:28PM »

To those who can't make the North Carolina concert, remember there will be others being announced so keep your eyes and ears open. ( And NO, I don't have any inside info on where! lol)

Zee
Oooh i hope she comes to my area I have always wanted to see her!!!

beckyw

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 11:41PM »

Cleveland again would be so awesome.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 11:11AM »

Zee

Well, Kath and I can just hope that this concert works out or maybe there will be another nearby! Smiley 

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
carl

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 08:54AM »

Sent off for my ticket today.

December can not get here fast enough!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: