Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Órla concert in Statesville, NC  (Read 39780 times)
binti

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 11:10AM »

I was all set to call my niece, who lives about 40 minutes from Statesville, to invite her to be my guest for the concert if I could be her guest for the weekend, but realized it's the same weekend as our annual (for over 7 decades) family reunion, so all of us will be in Alabama that weekend.  I am so disappointed.  She was fantastic in Altanta last year and I will do my best to get to her concert somewhere.  I know it will be wonderful.  Congratulations to all of you who are getting to go.

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 01:24PM »

I was all set to call my niece, who lives about 40 minutes from Statesville, to invite her to be my guest for the concert if I could be her guest for the weekend, but realized it's the same weekend as our annual (for over 7 decades) family reunion, so all of us will be in Alabama that weekend.  I am so disappointed.  She was fantastic in Altanta last year and I will do my best to get to her concert somewhere.  I know it will be wonderful.  Congratulations to all of you who are getting to go.

Bummer!! But I think it's nice that your family has had an annual reunion for over 70 years and it's still going strong. Good for you guys. Let's hope that there will be plenty of other Orlagh concerts to attend in the fall/winter!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
paladin

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 12:46PM »

Gee, If my son was not deploying to Afganistan I could have talked my wife into going to Knoxville TN for a christmas visit and a place to stay and then to the concert in NC.
Hope Orlgh is able to get to Denver or some where closer.  Have fun at the concert guys. Grin
carl

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52AM »

Got my tickets in the mail today ... all set except for the hotel reservation

Happy I will see Orla twice this year !!!

Smiley
MaryJo

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 12:18PM »

Hi Carl
How did you get your tickets?
I called the number and was told I had to buy a membership then I could buy the tickets at the door.
carl

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 12:49PM »

I printed the PDF file, filled in my name and address, mailed if off with a check ... took about a week to get the ticket back ...
the membership is good for all the concerts but I am only interested in Orla's Smiley

I think on page 2 of this thread "Ganconagh" posted a link ... let me see if I can quote it ...

I called the concert promoters (Iredell Concert Assn) about the Orla show in Statesville NC on December 4.
  For $40 ($20 student season ticket if under 18 years old) you will receive a season ticket that includes the Orla show in Statesville NC (and four other shows); OR if you prefer to wait and purchase a ticket for the Orla show only, tix will be available at the door for $20 (box office opens about 1 hr before show starts).  Seats are not reserved, and the auditorium is large enough that the event may not sell out -- but no guarantees that tix will be available in large numbers on the day of the show.  There is not a (formal) M&G, but Orla will probably greet fans in the lobby after the show (expect to be in line a while).
  If you want to order a season ticket for $40 (each adult)/$20 (each student under 18) [there are special family rates for season tix - see order form] and be guaranteed a seat, you have to send a ticket order form along with a check/money order to the IREDELL CONCERT ASSOCIATION (no credit cards, no tax, no shipping charge).  Here's the PDF file to copy: 
                                           http://iredellconcerts.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ica-2010-color-brochure.pdf
  If you decide you want to get a ticket at the door, bring $20 in cash.  What else?  Parking - no charge, auditorium has limited space in front and a large parking lot in rear.  Oh yeah, you can order season tix at any time (now or even after the season starts), but they will not be mailed until September. 

Some considerations:
           The lady I talked to, Ms Whatley, doesn't expect this to be a sell-out; she says the auditorium is large.   Wink   
           These ticket prices are rediculously low espcially when you consider that the crowd will most likely be small. 
           Being able to buy a ticket at the door means you don't even have to decide now  Roll Eyes , but the advantage to
           purchasing the season ticket is that you will be able to skip whatever box office line is there and get a better
           seat  Cheesy .  North Carolina in early December may have cold, even snowy conditions, or maybe not  Huh

If I did that right you should see it ... first time with quote for me Smiley
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010, 02:56PM »

My two tix came today (18 Aug).  I sent a personal check last week and didn't expect a response for at least another month. 
I'm there!  Cheesy

[Tickets should be available at the door for $20 -- you do not have to have a membership in anything in order to purchase at the door.]

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 04:04PM »

Got my tickets in the mail today ... all set except for the hotel reservation

Happy I will see Orla twice this year !!!

Smiley

Fantastic!  Are they in fact general admission tickets?   Huh Smiley

Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 04:15PM »

Yes; this show is General Admission.   Smiley

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 07:18PM »

Yes; this show is General Admission.   Smiley

Ok, thanks!  So I don't have to rush to order them, but we'll have to show up early to get in close!  Wink Grin

MaryJo

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 01:38PM »

Thanks for the info Carl.
I don't know why I did not catch that in the other post.  Must have been sleepy that night.
Hope I can go to the concert it kinda far away for me but I would love to go. Smiley
Tennessee

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 07:40PM »

Got my tickets in the mail.  Can't wait to see Orla again.

John 20:29
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 07:59AM »

Sounds like Orlagh will see a bunch of familiar faces in the audience!! Way to go everyone!!! 

O/T-- It was nice to meet you in the lobby at TPAC, Tennessee!!  You should have come to the dinner!! Next time--K???

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Tennessee

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 09:25AM »

I would love to come to dinner next time. It was nice to meet you as well are we meeting before NC concert?

John 20:29
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 12:57PM »

Sounds like Orlagh will see a bunch of familiar faces in the audience!! Way to go everyone!!! 

I told Orlagh at the TPAC that I would be at the Statesville show!  She seemed very pleased!  Cool Cool Cool

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: