Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saratoga Performing Arts Center show  (Read 1374 times)
GeorgeN

« on: July 17, 2010, 02:38PM »

For anyone not familiar with Saratoga Springs NY, the SPAC, and coming for this concert be warned that:

The horse racing season starts on July 23rd. The normally very slow and difficult traffic thru and around town becomes almost impassible at times during racing season. The entire area fills up with celebrities and tons of other people, with lots of parties and entertainment beyond the races. Many hotels and stores need traffic control just to get people in and out of their lots. The parking for SPAC is not in the most convenient location and it’s a bit of a walk (but very pretty) to the theater. Expect very slow going getting in. In fact the entire area of the park around the theater is a great location for a stroll, filled with beautiful old spa buildings and gardens, so my advice is to come well before the concert and bring a picnic. The adventurous might want to consider having a mineral bath in the spa before the concert!

Since I have a NYS park pass, I’m currently planning on coming in the afternoon and making a day of it in the park before the concert….. and parking in the park rather than the lot.

GeorgeN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: