Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random question  (Read 4415 times)
celticartzyangel
« on: July 18, 2010, 05:55PM »

I feel REALLY stupid for not knowing this, but hey, this IS the right place to ask this... RIGHT?!
What's the story behind... or of "Scarborough Fair"? It sounds like a sad love song to me.... but I'm curious to see what the story of it is.  Smiley
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:22AM »

This is what I found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Fair. If you scroll down the page to Other Artists, Hayley and CW are mentioned. Hope this helps some.

celticartzyangel
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 02:47PM »

Interesting, very fascinating... my history/myth fascination side is coming out now! LOL! hmmm... maybe I should write a story for it! AAAH NO!!! MORE STORY IDEAS!!1  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy thanks, that helped alot!
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 06:55PM »

that is so cool! I love to learn about stuff like this! thank you for the link even though I did not ask for it!  Cheesy

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 06:57AM »

You're welcome!!

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 07:02PM »

Some students in my class had to research the song for a project and what they said is that Scarborough Fair is a medieval song, and since It has harmony, it was probably written after 1300 since that is when harmony was first used in songs.
Since there was no recording of the song when it was written, it is possible that the original song could be completely different than the song we know now. If you're familiar with the game 'telephone' or have heard old stories, you would know that things are changed over time. I find it fascinating and really great that a song that is so old is still known today!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: