Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roisín Dempsey  (Read 23661 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 11:43AM »

I guess at least it gives them something to do.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mike

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 11:46AM »

Hi - Im' the one that got the e-mail after ordering the CD.
They'll figure it out now because I invited them to view this forum, plus invited them to the CW main website.  Maybe they'll start stocking Celtic Woman in their store now.  LOL
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 11:47AM »

That would be awesome, and then more people could be exposed to CW. Grin

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
KiernanKate
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 11:47AM »

Here's hoping they do!
Mike

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 11:58AM »

They were really nice people to actually send me a notice that the CD would be late.  I was very pleased with their message and maybe they will enjoy Celtic Woman, just like us.....! 
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 12:01PM »

Kudos to you Mike for inviting them here!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Mike

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 12:21PM »

And thank you Kelli for telling me about Roisin's CD.  I'm sure to enjoy it!   Grin
celticdreamer00
Choir Member

Dreaming of Celtic Woman (Thank You CC)

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 09:24AM »

I truely LOVE "Spirit Of An Irish Christmas".  I can hardly wait for Róisín's next cd "Surrounded".
She is a remakably talented young lady and I hope we will be graced with many more offerings from her in the future.

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
                               Charlotte Whitten
Moscapoet
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 03:15PM »

Kelli and mike I think it is great that you're both doing so much to promote Roisin. I will pick up both of her CDs eventually and hope she gets as much exposure as possible here and elsewhere. If those who produce, and market for her and the other supporting cast see all the demand it will go better for all involved. I'm actively trying to promote Amy Rivard to my clients, family, and friends, as well as letting her know about concert opportunities here in the region. Meeting her and being given her time so graciously has a lot to do with that. The more any involved in CW get out and actually meet their fans the greater the success they'll have. I said in another section that we in forums like this really are the front line in promoting the ones we love.   
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 06:06PM »

Thank you, Mosca!  And don't think I missed your posts on Amy...her CD is on "my list" as well.  The amount of talent involved in Celtic Woman is just mind-boggling!  When you get Roisín's CD you'll have to let us know what you think of it!  And I'll do the same for Amy's...

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Moscapoet
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 07:20PM »

You got it Kelli! I just saw that Omaha is on the tour schedule, and since I spent 30 years in Nebraska, I just sent some friends notices of the event. I might have to fly back there myself and go if I can get my friends at PBS to come up with a good ticket and M&G. Maybe even say hi to Amy Again.
Mike

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 11:59PM »

Well Moscapoet, my Roisin CD finally arrived from celticmusicusa.com.  It's funny that they ran out and was scratching there heads as to why..?  When you get around to it, I would recommend to purchase it. 

I've listened to it a couple of times today and it is a very good CD.  I would describe it as simplistic and very pleasing to the ear.  The percussions are very good, (gee, I wonder why?)  Roisin has a very nice, in tune, soprano voice. 

There are three songs that have a really nice Irish flavor to them "When a Child is born" " Good King Wenceslas" and "Deck the Halls".  My favorite is "The Holly Bears a Berry".  I had never heard it before and loved it instantly.  I have Holly's planted across the front of my house.  It will be a very nice Christmas CD for me to listen to this year.  Thank you Roisin..!

rosie l

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 06:50AM »

Who is Amy Rivard?? I'm a new fan so there is a lot I don't know. Come to think of there are probably other things I don't know too!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Ah, maybe not  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Rosie
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 07:29AM »

Who is Amy Rivard??
Rosie,
Amy is a member of the CW chorus and a very talented and successful solo artist in her own right.  We have an entire thread devoted to her here:  http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=1212.0.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Moscapoet
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 03:49PM »

Mike and Kelli, I certainly will pick up Roisin's CD. I'm still in the Christmas spirit from Dublin. I just received Amy's Cd and it has a nice mellow jazz thing going on.(see post under Amy Rivard). Yes, I'll bet the percussion is great. It sure would be fun to sit in on a session with Roisin and hubby Nicky. Rosie I, You're in for a real treat with all the talent that is CW. Those folks who put all this together know talent, and each performer is a star in their own right. There will be no shortage of goodies for you to choose from for your CD rack. By the way, welcome to the forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: