Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roisín Dempsey  (Read 23665 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 04:13PM »

I just ordered mine tonight Cheesy

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 04:50PM »

Is there anywhere one can sample Roisin's music?  I would especially love to hear a bit of Nella Fantasia.  I'm definitely adding Spirit of an Irish Christmas to my list.  I didn't know NF was a holiday song.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 06:02PM »

Is there anywhere one can sample Roisin's music?
http://www.roisindempsey.com/tracks.html

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 06:28PM »

Thank you Rich!  Her voice is beautiful.  I am *definitely* putting her on my to-buy list now.  I especially like Good King Wensceslas.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 06:46PM »

This is off topic, and I apologize.  But it just occurred to me that I really enjoy helping to promote these performers - not just the original five, but the chorus members, Deirdre, Hayley, Lynn, and all the musicians - because they're all so easy to like!  Every one of them whom I've come in contact with has been a genuinely nice, warm, kind human being.  There isn't a diva or spoiled brat in the bunch.  Okay, end of sermon.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 07:10PM »

I agree Rich. 

Thanks Lindsey
Magic~5

CELTIC WOMAN + MUSIC = love for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17PM »

So do I  Rich     thank you for noticing that  Smiley     
Mike

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 11:38PM »

By the way, welcome to the forum.
I especially like Good King Wensceslas.
I would especially love to hear a bit of Nella Fantasia.

Thanks Moscapoet for the welcome...!  I've pretty much been on here every night for quite some time.  I was reading about the Hat Lady last night and saw her on ANJ, that was pretty cool.  I don't say too much, talking in crowds is not my cup of tea but I enjoy one on one conversation.  I really enjoyed reading your Mairead and Energy explanation in Lisa's forum, Rich's response cracked me up..!  It was impressive though..

Hello Siobhan, nice to meet you too! - those are two really good songs on the CD.  Good King Wensceslas is one of the the songs that has the good percussions by Nicky and has a nice Irish flavor to it.  It's the "featured song" according to the little sticker on the front of the CD case. 
Nella Fantasia is really good too, I know Kelli likes it a lot.  Nella Fantasia is simply Roisin singing with the piano, and then a flute joins in at the end.  It's really a pleasant sounding song.  The Holly Bears a Berry is just one of those Happy HappyTunes.  Another one I like is Deck the Halls, it has the Irish music blended in which makes it unique.   

I received an e-mail from Roisin today.  She said that she's just finished her new album "surrounded" and is busy this week tying up loose ends and trying to sort out the cover.  She also won't be able to make it with the CW tour this Fall but plans to join up with them in the Springtime. 

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 01:53AM »

This is off topic, and I apologize.  But it just occurred to me that I really enjoy helping to promote these performers - not just the original five, but the chorus members, Deirdre, Hayley, Lynn, and all the musicians - because they're all so easy to like!  Every one of them whom I've come in contact with has been a genuinely nice, warm, kind human being.  There isn't a diva or spoiled brat in the bunch.  Okay, end of sermon.   Cheesy

I completely agree with you Rich, and have had the exact same experiences with the few that I've been able to personally contact.  The choir member I met at Red Rocks (I'm not completely sure, but I THINK it was Kira) was fabulous, and so very sweet even though she was very ready to get back to Ireland.  Roisín's and Amy's emails have been very compassionate and caring as well.  Of course, you know how much I fell for Deirdre at the first meeting...and the great thing is that I could go on and on!  I wish there was a way to personally thank all of them for their contributions, but I'll just continue on as I have been taking each opportunity that presents itself.  It's such a bonus that they happen to be incredibly talented too!  Wink  Yep, no question that my support of them all is solid and strong.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2007, 09:04PM »

Mike, great to meet you too.  Thanks for the background info on Roisin's CD!  I have played Good King Wenceslas on the harp before (Not a very complicated version, granted, but still) and have never heard it in a full recording, and am thus excited.  I am equally excited about Nella Fantasia.  I have never heard another version of it and the way you describe it makes it sound gorgeous.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 12:36AM »

Siobhan,
When you do get Roisín's CD you'll have to let us know what you think of it!  Though I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do...so much for a Christmas "season".  Between CW's Christmas CD and her Spirit of an Irish Christmas there is no "season" for me.

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Mike

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 11:42AM »

Wow Siobhan, you play the harp too!  So we have 3 harp ladies, Orlagh, Kelli and Siobhan.  How cool!
I've heard Kelli play the harp and she's pretty darn good.  And of course, we all know how great Orlagh is on the harp!   
I was watching Orlagh at Red Rocks and she was just going to town on that harp, changing those levers and such. She was rockin'... ! 
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 03:29PM »

Just recieved my CD in the mail today!!

Guess what I am doing LOL

Christmas in August <snickers>

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 03:55PM »

Yay, Mel!

Siobhan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 04:01PM »

Kelli I know!  Christmas is starting waaaay earlier for me this year, lol.

Mike, yes I do play the harp!!!  You are lucky to have heard Kelli play the harp, I have not had that happy privilege!  Orlagh is an amazing harpist. I hope someday I will be as good as her, changing levers so quickly.  With my harp the levers aren't very easy to change because they don't flip like hers.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: