Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yoo Hoo....Maggie  (Read 11442 times)
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« on: August 06, 2010, 01:33PM »

We miss you and are looking forward to hearing about your trip to Ireland and England!

I'll bet I know of one canine who is VERY happy to have Mommy back! LOL Not to mention hubby Dave. Wink Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Maggie
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:35AM »

Well thank you Zee! Cheesy

It was a very tiring trip back and I slept most of yesterday.
My sleep pattern is messed up, but I don't have anything planned until Monday.
It's a bit difficult to adjust....it's good to be back, but I left a big chunk of my heart over the Pond.

Yes I got a BIG welcome home! O'Malley was not at the airport as it was too hot to put him in the car.
We live only 10 minutes from Orlando Airport, so I called Dave as I was walking through Terminal B and he met me at the door.
When we got to the house, O'Malley heard my voice and he ran, leaping all over me.
He's in great shape (except for being blind).....Dave has done a great job taking care of him and the house.
On the table was a card, and a vase containing 100 flowers.....Wow!

I am still gathering my thoughts about the details of my 3 visits.....to Ireland, Yorkshire and London.
All were amazing. I could have done with more time of course, in all 3 places......but I am very fortunate to have
been able to do it all.
I'm also lucky that I am very familiar with all three places so I didn't need to play "Tourist".....this was all about
family and people who are dear to me.
My only diversion was in Yorkshire, where I drove to a little coastal resort to spend a few hours.
The weather was wonderful, could not have been better. There were a couple of showers in Ireland, just enough to keep everything green, but I didn't need a jacket or sweater. Temperatures were in the range 65 to 75 F the whole time.
The only time I wore my rain jacket was on Wednesday 4th August for one hour, and it was fun because it gave Thomas Patrick the chance to show me his umbrella with tractors and trucks on. We had just spent 3 hours in one of his favourite Parks, and Chris was taking us to a café. Thomas had a "babychino" which looks like a cappuchino but it's whipped milk with chocolate sprinkled on top.....he loves it.
I got off on the right foot on 15th July by arriving at Orlando Airport only 55 minutes before take-off, I think that's why I was upgraded because they had filled Economy, and Business Class was half empty. I was very lucky, I would not usually recommend turning up late.  
The flight back to Orlando in Economy was uncomfortable and noisy, although the Aer Lingus staff did their best.
I was glad to hear the flight announcements made in Irish first....after all, it is the first language of Ireland.
The man next to me said "I can't understand a word he's saying" and was so busy complaining he missed the English translation. New signs in the countryside have place names in Irish first.

I will post a review of my time in Ireland here in "Celtic Culture" because it was so typically and wonderfully Irish.

But now I'm going back to bed.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 04:30AM »

Welcome back, Maggie!!!  I started to say "home" but that could be confusing, huh!!!  Smiley Smiley

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 11:59AM »

Yay, Maggie's back!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
kat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 12:29PM »

Welcome back Maggie
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 12:43PM »

Welcome home, Maggie!!! Can't wait to hear all of the details of the trip! Smiley

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Rosie Allen
Total Fanatic

"You tell 'em Lise!"

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:10PM »

Awwww, Maggie!  So glad you are back and had a safe trip!  I prayed really specially for
you this time as I knew it was going to be a rough family visit and leaving would tug at your
heart.  You are an amazing woman, sweet Maggie, and I know Peter was glad you were
there!  So now rest up, my friend, and let Dave and O'Malley comfort you.  We will wait until
you are properly acclimated before we get the details!  Hugs!   Kiss

Maggie
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 01:46AM »

Thank you - it's so kind of you all!

Yes it did tug at my heart to leave. More than a tug, really.
We had a great family gathering to celebrate Peter's birthday and we made it a happy occasion.
It hurt to leave Yorkshire and there were tears.....but I could look forward to seeing Thomas Patrick.
I arrived in London on July 28th and continued to Jury's Hotel in Croydon (good hotel by the way), to get ready for Hayley's Concert celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. I will do more of a review in Hayley's section.

My week in Ireland was full of fun, music, horses, and the occasional pint of Guinness......What more could I ask? Cheesy
I promise to get some photos posted later.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:11AM by Maggie » Logged
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 07:58PM »

Maggie
Great to hear that you are back in the states.  I know the trip to visist your brother was very special. I am sure Thomas Patrick was wonderful and full of fun. I bet being in Ireland was a joy.

hugs and love
Kathleen

celticartzyangel
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:03PM »

Yay Maggie! Glad you had fun! **Hug**  Wink glad that you're back too
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 08:04AM »

Glad you`re back safe and sound...we know you`re Irish but you belong to us too.... Smiley

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
paladin

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 01:00PM »

The roving reporter returns Grin Welcome back Maggie.  I would say home but sometimes after being in your birth place it takes awhile to call the adopted home, home again.  Get your thoughts togther we're all waiting for your reports on the trip. Grin
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 03:09PM »

Wow you were there a week Shocked Seems a bit longer though  short when having when having so much fun.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 04:33PM »

Welcome back, Maggie!  Post some more details for us as the mood strikes you!   Glad to hear that Peter's birthday went well!  And I imagine the scene in London was a bit more serene than this time 70 years ago!  Smiley Grin

Maggie
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 05:20PM »

.....I would say home but sometimes after being in your birth place it takes awhile to call the adopted home, home again. 

You are right.
I have always called Ireland "home".
I am lucky that there are three Countries I could call "home".....but nowhere feels more like home to me than Ireland.
Family members there always say "When are you coming home again?"

God willing, we will be able to spend more time there in future.
Much depends on O'Malley and whether he is able to travel.
He's all ready.....look:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: