Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few comments about Wichita  (Read 5394 times)
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« on: August 13, 2010, 11:47PM »

I had the distinct pleasure of seeing Celtic Woman recently in Wichita.  While I definitely missed Alex, I have to say that in my opinion this is their best show yet.  I was very impressed with the changes made in the show to accommodate the three vocalists.  The highlight of this show was Lisa and Lynn’s duet of My Heart Was Home Again.   Shocked  This song left me speechless with its beauty.

While I hope they add back in a fourth vocalist, I am very impressed with the show as it is now.

I have to keep this brief, but I can’t let this opportunity pass and not thank two special people.  As I was leaving the venue, I heard someone call my name.  As I turned around I was elated to see Roisin!  God bless them, her and Nicky had arranged to surprise me with a short visit after the concert.  How she managed to find me with all those people and all those exits I’ll never know!  Roisin, mom, and I spent time chatting while waiting for Nicky to change into streetclothes.  When Nicky caught up to us, we had a wonderful chat!  At one point mom asked Nicky how he got started playing drums.  He answered that when he was six years old his parents gave him a guitar.  He promptly turned it over and proceeded to bang on the back of it!   A drummer was born  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

To Nicky and Roisin, thank you for completely making my evening!!!!!!!!

With permission, I share this photo:

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:58PM »

Great photo, Kelli!!!! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Nicky. Grin

Loved your review also. I have a feeling I will feel the same way about this show, especially about My Heart Was Home Again. Can't wait to hear it!!!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 05:14AM »

I can't believe I was there also...what a perfect show, so tight professionally in every way...Love the picture ! ! !

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:55AM »

Two very special people to look for you at the concert!! Of course, they always look for you!!   Cheesy Cheesy   I'm just happy they found you and made the evening complete ( and extra special) for you and your Mom!!! Way to go Roisin and Nick, you are really thoughtful and wonderful!!!! 

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
LauraHutchison

Lisa Kelly _ Our forever "She-roe !"

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 09:29PM »

How cool is that!?!  They found you in the crowd!!  And what a great pic.  Very very happy for you.

""..People forget what you said, people forget what you did, but people will NEVER forget how you made them feel" __Maya Angelou
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 06:41PM »

That's so cool you got to talk with Roisin and Nicky! I'm glad you enjoyed the show and thanks for sharing!
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36AM »

I'm very glad for you ! A beautiful surprise !

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
GeorgeN

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54PM »

Wow!!  Cool picture! I bet you had a lot of fun!!!!  Wink

GeorgeN
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 05:32PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy Grin  Cool  ::)I have to say that in my opinion this is their best show yet.  I was very impressed with the changes made in the show to accommodate the three vocalists.  The highlight of this show was Lisa and Lynn’s duet of My Heart Was Home Again.     This song left me speechless with its beauty....Quote from Kelli

It always makes me feel terrific when someone posts exactly what I was thinking ! ! ! Yes, I have to say Wichita was the
most perfect C W concert I have seen...it contained every bit of professional show business application you can think of.
I love all my other concerts of course...the wonderful lighting in Pasadena...being on the front row center In Tulsa
Red Rocks...2 times....this Wichita show was truly a work of art...it is when it all clicked, you might say. And i had gotten over ALEX's absence the night before in TULSA...that was a direct stab in the heart when she did not come out and line up with the others. By Wichita, I noticed how they had re-worked the show into the shining piece that it was..Thanks Kelli for
your comments and love the picture.... C S
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:33PM by shankdee » Logged

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
greenfire6
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 10:41AM »

I just found this Kelli. Thanks for posting. It's good to know the show is pressing on in fine style.

Glad you and your mom got to spend a few minutes with Róisín and Nicky! It was cool of Róisín to seek you out. Enjoyed learnning about Nicky's first awww- Drum!

Thanks for the picture. You all look great!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:15PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 10:47AM »

Kelli -
I'm glad you had such a wonderful evening and a nice surprise from Roisin and Nicky.  Nice photo, too.
Jim
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 10:54AM »

Thank you, everyone!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 01:08PM »

The highlight of this show was Lisa and Lynn’s duet of My Heart Was Home Again.   Shocked  This song left me speechless with its beauty.

I hope to hear that version one day. I heard Alex sing at Radio City and it was definitly one of the highlights along with Mo Ghile Mear, Nil Se'N La. Spanish Lady, You raise me up, Orinoco Flow and Non C'e piu.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: