Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Brain Burns"  (Read 11470 times)
DakotaF.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 11:37PM »

This is a really good topic, just for the record.

You know, I think the people on this forum think more deeply than others. After reading this, I asked some people if they'd ever experienced anything like this, and they look at me like I'm crazy.... I'm glad to be in the presence of such great people on this forum!  Smiley

A song called The Blood of Cuchulainn

That is actually one of my most favorite instrumental songs of all time. It is so powerful! I listen to it when I need inspiration or empowerment or anything of that nature. I even worked out how to play it on the piano and my violin! It has a really strong percussive drive throughout the entire song, which is one of my favorite types of music (hence why I love Dulaman Grin).

My "brain burns" are rather numerous. I tend to get really into a subject and retain as much information as I can about it.

My major one is the Ocean. I adore it. I love anything and everything to do with it--fish, sharks, mammals, micro-organisms, everything.

I also tend to get into different cultures, but Irish has been the biggest one so far. I think it's because I can relate to the Irish culture a little bit better than I can relate to, say, the Hindu culture.

Certain concepts tend to really get my mind going, too. Things like prehistory and the old ages and stuff, I really get into it.

Thank you! I hoped the topic was a good one when I thought about it. As for the song having a good percussive drive that's why I love it so much! I usually go for songs just like that. I also love the ocean and someday I hope to be scuba certified.
Maggie
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 02:50AM »

Dakota you have a very positive spirit, and a "can-do" attitude.

From your description, my interpretation of a brain-burn is something that makes such a deep impression on you that it burns itself into your brain and memory.

You mentioned a kneeling woman, and I immediately remembered seeing my mother at prayer when I was a child, with her rosary in her hand. Nothing could distract her.

One of my own brain-burns is a person.......his name was John Clarke, he was my great-uncle. I was only about 10 years old when he died, but I can still see his bright blue eyes, hear his soft Mayo accent, his kindly voice urging me to learn well at school.

I have often thought of writing a book dedicated to him. I have started researching his life.
DakotaF.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 02:58AM »

Dakota you have a very positive spirit, and a "can-do" attitude.

From your description, my interpretation of a brain-burn is something that makes such a deep impression on you that it burns itself into your brain and memory.

You mentioned a kneeling woman, and I immediately remembered seeing my mother at prayer when I was a child, with her rosary in her hand. Nothing could distract her.

BINGO you described a brain burn to a T! and yeah I can see how your mother at prayer would be one. I don't understand yet why it's a woman though and not a man. I see men kneeling and at prayer and it doesn't give me the same feelings.
rosie l

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 06:52AM »

My brain burn is dawn over the ocean, and dawn in general.  I have persuaded many people to drive to the ocean before dawn to watch the sun come up. It seems they only want to do it once.. I'm running out of people!!!!

Rosie
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 08:41AM »

One of mine, * I'll add more later* Is from the Bridgeport concert I attended this year in June. It was the end of the show and everyone was clapping and cheering, everyone was towering over me, I'm standing there waving my arm, trying to get Méav to look over in my direction lol * impossible* when Mel nudges me and I look over at Lisa, she is giving us the biggest smile and waving at us. That made me really happy and is a moment I will never forget.

<3 Lauren

<3
Charlie'sAngels

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 10:07AM »

Let's see..aside from CW....

oh well, guess that's it.. Grin

Or maybe Gilles Villenueve controlling his Ferrari F1 car at Watkins Glen in the rain...the guy just never took his foot off the gas. It actually scared me...causing a brain burn...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: