Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new album "Lullaby"  (Read 122544 times)
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« on: October 14, 2010, 08:17AM »

Many fans have told us how much they love the lullabies performed by Celtic Woman so we decided to make an album dedicated solely to relaxing lullabies!  The album will be titled Lullaby and will feature beautiful and soothing lullabies such as “When You Wish Upon A Star” (from Pinocchio) and “Stay Awake” (from Mary Poppins), Suantrai, Baby Mine, Brahms’ Lullaby and a few old favorites too!  Lullaby  is a relaxing album of songs that will resonate with children and adults so consider it as that uniquely special gift for your friends and loved ones.

Our new album Lullaby will be available through your Public Television pledge donations to support our Songs From The Heart TV special beginning November 27th. If you’ve previously pledged support to our Songs From The Heart TV special, now’s your chance to make another donation and receive our special brand-new Lullaby album.

more at celticwoman.com...... Lisa's message
http://www.celticwoman.com/wp-login.php
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:59AM by bot1tle » Logged
Palmie00

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:23AM »

I found out about this yesterday and I"m so excited!!!! School work has just kept me away from the forum for too long. I can't believe I almost missed this amazing announcement. I can't wait to hear their take on Suantraí and the many others.
This album is going to be kickin'.

My favorite thing about it so far is the artwork. It has that Native American touch to it with the wind catchers on it. I just LOVE it. Can't wait to hear it.

What lullabies do you all hope will be included apart from the ones we already know???

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 10:09AM »

I think a new CD is great, but I'm very disappointed that it's available through PBS only. I don't donate to PBS. I hope that after the December pledge drive the CD will become available through retailers or at least Amazon. It sounds like a wonderful CD and the artwork is beautiful.

Maggie
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 11:30AM »

There are several posts about Lullaby CD on:
http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=2345.msg570643#msg570643

When my grandson Thomas Patrick was born, I bought several CDs of Irish lullabies for him.
He has never had a problem getting to sleep, and he has great taste in music! Smiley

One beautiful lullaby I would like to hear CW sing is in the Welsh language.
It is called Suo Gân. It was on the Irish Tenors CD "Home for Christmas"
You might also recognize it if you saw the movie "Empire of the Sun".

Here is Siobhán singing it in Australia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb-MtSx24ww

I think Chloe could hit those high notes with no problem!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:35AM by Maggie » Logged
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 04:42PM »

Here's my prediction: I think Chloe Agnew will be able to sing "When You Wish Upon A Star".

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 05:14PM »

I'm so excited! This is the best and most unexpected news i've heard all week!

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 06:31PM »

When I have trouble sleeping, I listen to my iPod. Once I have "Lullaby" on my iPod, either I will fall asleep to the girls' soothing voices or want to stay awake so I won't miss a note! LOL

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 06:42PM »

The Beatles song Good Night from The White Album is a good Lullaby

LauraHutchison

Lisa Kelly _ Our forever "She-roe !"

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 08:42PM »

I am very excited as well about the new album.  The dream catcher is perfect on the cover representing how dreams weave thru and only the good ones fall to the sleeper below.  I Love it.  I wonder is that really a Native American representation?  If so, from one Native American, I say thanks!!!  Can't wait to hear it.  As soothing, calming and perfect as these voices are anyway, can you imagine a whole album of lullabys??  MORE Perfection...for the ears.

""..People forget what you said, people forget what you did, but people will NEVER forget how you made them feel" __Maya Angelou
Palmie00

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 12:45AM »

Hey everyone! It seems that I have maybe missed out on the last two Celtic Woman Newsletters. I haven't received anything from them since July. I am subscribed to receive it by e-mail, but haven't gotten anything. I re-subscribed just now.

I'M NOT SURE OF THE POLICY, BUT IF POSSIBLE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE COULD E-MAIL THE LATEST NEWSLETTER TO ME

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:40AM by aislin » Logged

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 04:36PM »

This is probably a really dumb question lol but is there a track listing anywhere?  I know they told us some of the songs on there though.  I'm just curious.  Again sorry if this is a dumb question lol.  Embarrassed

Breno

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 05:49PM »

Nobody knows the tracklist yet!

I think they may have included new versions of Over The Rainbow and Slumber My Darling!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 05:52PM »

I think they may have included new versions of Over The Rainbow and Slumber My Darling!

ummm, Slumber My Darling is an instrumental piece....there is no singing in it  Cheesy

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 06:48PM »

I'm in shock right now. Just let me clarify something: This is a real announcent right? I think it is, but I'm just crazy in shock about this. Tell us more when you know more.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Breno

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 07:17PM »

ummm, Slumber My Darling is an instrumental piece....there is no singing in it  Cheesy

I know, but "Slumber My Darling" is not on the CD SFTH.
"Lullaby" is a perfect opportunity to release a studio version of this song.

In addition, Slumber My Darling is originally sung:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlXuMCOtiXs

Lynn could sing it!  Lips sealed
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: