Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBS Fall Pledge Shows  (Read 55701 times)
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« on: October 14, 2010, 11:51AM »

I have just been notified by my contact at WXXI in Rochester, NY that they will have their first Pledge show on Saturday, Nov. 27 at 3 pm.  They expect to have the new CD "Lullaby" as a gift option.

He said that if they hear of a nearby concert that they will then have a primetime show later in the pledge season at which time they may offer tickets.

Telephone:  (585) 258-0200
Pledge Page:  http://wxxi.org/support/

Brad T
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:56AM by btimerson » Logged

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 03:38PM »

Here's hoping they have one close to you!!!  Always soooo nice to not have such a long trip----Well, the "Fests" don't count!!  Cheesy Roll Eyes Cheesy Roll Eyes

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:48PM »

Always soooo nice to not have such a long trip

You can say that again!!! LOVED going to Chicago last year as well as my other "long drive" Florida shows, but man was it nice to get back into my own bed as opposed to a hotel bed after the West Palm show last year. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I haven't contacted any of my PBS stations yet to see what they're doing, but it looks like it's going to be closer to December before we start hearing about tickets/M&G packages.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:15PM »

I'm planning on emailing my local PBS concerning the CW pledging.... the thing is.... i've never done it before!! i was wondering if anyone could help me with how to phrase stuff so i can hopefully get an answer!! (i wanna seem like a pro! Wink hahaha) thank you!!

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
roy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:56PM »

Go to PBS.org/stationfinder and select the station in your city/viewing area to get the address and phone number of that station.It is much better to talk to someone in their membership dept.in person than waiting for your e-mail to be answered.Tell them you want to make a membership pledge for the next CW drive coming up.They should be able to fill you in.You may have to check back a couple of times.Good luck.
dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 05:57PM »

Go to PBS.org/stationfinder and select the station in your city/viewing area to get the address and phone number of that station.It is much better to talk to someone in their membership dept.in person than waiting for your e-mail to be answered.Tell them you want to make a membership pledge for the next CW drive coming up.They should be able to fill you in.You may have to check back a couple of times.Good luck.

Thanks Roy!! Smiley

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 06:31PM »

I have sent emails to my station. I have also sent out emails to the stations in southern cali since that is where I go the most

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 06:57PM »

KET in Kentucky last year was charging $250 for a 2 front row tickets and a $1000 for 2 front row tickets plus a meet and greet.What do other states charge?

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 07:31PM »

KET in Kentucky last year was charging $250 for a 2 front row tickets and a $1000 for 2 front row tickets plus a meet and greet.What do other states charge?

It varies by city. FL has tons of different prices. Last year, Tallahassee was $365 for 2 tickets and M&G, Orlando was $750 for two tickets and M&G but I heard they lowered it to $600 because no one was buying (I wonder why  Roll Eyes) and I know Jacksonville had M&G but I don't remember what the cost was because I didn't attend. It really does vary quite a bit, and even changes year to year.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46PM »

I want to thank everyone in this thread for reminding me to check my PBS station (WPSU).  End good grammar:

AHHHHHH!!!!  THEY'RE COMING BACK TO THE BRYCE JORDAN CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

End bad grammar.  They'll be airing Songs from the Heart on November 27th at 3:30.  They'll be offering concert tickets!!  Cheesy 
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 09:36PM »

WHOOOHOOO!!!! That's great news!!!!!

You got me very excited so I just sent a couple of e-mails to PBS stations that I usually pledge with or have pledged with in the past! I hope they'll have some initial info! Grin Grin Grin

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 10:27PM »

I want to thank everyone in this thread for reminding me to check my PBS station (WPSU).  End good grammar:

AHHHHHH!!!!  THEY'RE COMING BACK TO THE BRYCE JORDAN CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

End bad grammar.  They'll be airing Songs from the Heart on November 27th at 3:30.  They'll be offering concert tickets!!  Cheesy 
ahhh goes to check with my PBS now

GeorgeN

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45PM »

It varies by city. FL has tons of different prices. Last year, Tallahassee was $365 for 2 tickets and M&G, Orlando was $750 for two tickets and M&G but I heard they lowered it to $600 because no one was buying (I wonder why  Roll Eyes) and I know Jacksonville had M&G but I don't remember what the cost was because I didn't attend. It really does vary quite a bit, and even changes year to year.

…and as we’ve discussed in the past (and I found out from experience) getting M&G tickets thru PBS doesn’t necessarily mean sitting in the first few rows for the show, especially at a venue that reserves the front section for its members,  or its own ticket distribution system. At 3 CW shows I went to this year the best seats could only be obtained thru the venue ticket office or special sales channel, not PBS.

GeorgeN
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 09:24AM »

I have sent emails to my station. I have also sent out emails to the stations in southern cali since that is where I go the most

hey rache can ya help keep me updated on the KPBS? that's my local Cheesy

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 09:48AM »

hey rache can ya help keep me updated on the KPBS? that's my local Cheesy
yea I am not sure how though Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: