Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBS Fall Pledge Shows  (Read 55706 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 12:25PM »

KET in Kentucky last year was charging $250 for a 2 front row tickets and a $1000 for 2 front row tickets plus a meet and greet.What do other states charge?

It varies by city. FL has tons of different prices. Last year, Tallahassee was $365 for 2 tickets and M&G, Orlando was $750 for two tickets and M&G but I heard they lowered it to $600 because no one was buying (I wonder why  Roll Eyes) and I know Jacksonville had M&G but I don't remember what the cost was because I didn't attend. It really does vary quite a bit, and even changes year to year.

…and as we’ve discussed in the past (and I found out from experience) getting M&G tickets thru PBS doesn’t necessarily mean sitting in the first few rows for the show, especially at a venue that reserves the front section for its members,  or its own ticket distribution system. At 3 CW shows I went to this year the best seats could only be obtained thru the venue ticket office or special sales channel, not PBS.

GeorgeN

Very true, although with Tallahassee this year they guaranteed front row to their pledges, which was nice. You are right, though, there are no guarantees, and that's just kind of the sacrifice you make when you decide you want to go for the M&G passes. Other than Tallahassee, the only other front row ticket I had this Spring was in West Palm Beach, and since there was no M&G there, I obtained my ticket through Ticketmaster. Cheapest ticket I bought all year and pretty much the best seat, LOL.  Cheesy

That said, when there is M&G I don't mind pledging with PBS and I also don't mind being back a few rows (note that I said a FEW not a LOT lol) if that means I will have M&G after the show. Also, I think all of us at ForumFest last year remember how the pit in Chicago was practically on the stage, LOL, so whether you were sitting front row or third row you were ridiculously close!

Anyway, to get back on topic, if anyone's interested I heard from Orlando PBS (WMFE) yesterday and they said they have no information yet about when they are airing the show and if they will be offering tickets, but that they've offered them in the past (which I already knew because I've pledged with them before  Roll Eyes) and to check back in early-mid November. I also e-mailed Jacksonville PBS and I'm waiting to hear from them!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 12:41PM »

I also e-mailed Jacksonville PBS and I'm waiting to hear from them!
Good luck getting a response from them.   Undecided

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 01:27PM »

I also e-mailed Jacksonville PBS and I'm waiting to hear from them!
Good luck getting a response from them.   Undecided

Not good at responding, eh? Nice. Well, if they don't respond I will wait until early November and then give them a friendly phone call. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 02:41PM »

I have sent emails to my station. I have also sent out emails to the stations in southern cali since that is where I go the most

hey rache can ya help keep me updated on the KPBS? that's my local Cheesy
yea I am not sure how though Roll Eyes

Just give me updates on my fb Wink

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 12:12PM »

I have sent emails to my station. I have also sent out emails to the stations in southern cali since that is where I go the most

hey rache can ya help keep me updated on the KPBS? that's my local Cheesy
yea I am not sure how though Roll Eyes

Just give me updates on my fb Wink
I mean since I don't live there Wink

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 12:43PM »

From ValleyPBS in Fresno CA

or anyone in the central valley

"Rachel, thank you for enjoying ValleyPBS. Pledge will being on November 27th, but we have not yet finalized the schedule. If you would check back with us in November we will know more then. Thanks again and enjoy the show! -Membership Department"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:46AM by Lynn&LisaLover » Logged

cowgirl123091<3'scelticwoman!

chloes my hero!

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 01:24PM »

hi,
can anyone help me find out when any of the cw specials will be aired on pbs. i cant seem to find anything on it when i checked with pbs, and my local pbs station here in nebraska. any help i will be forever grateful for:)
thanks

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:44PM »

hi,
can anyone help me find out when any of the cw specials will be aired on pbs. i cant seem to find anything on it when i checked with pbs, and my local pbs station here in nebraska. any help i will be forever grateful for:)
thanks
They probably haven't finalized the schedule yet as someone earlier has mentioned with their PBS station.  You can try contacting them to see if and when they'll be airing it or you can just wait until the schedule comes out. Smiley  My station didn't post their schedule until very recently, so it's only a matter of time before you find out. Cheesy
cowgirl123091<3'scelticwoman!

chloes my hero!

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 03:23PM »

hi,
thanks
They probably haven't finalized the schedule yet as someone earlier has mentioned with their PBS station.  You can try contacting them to see if and when they'll be airing it or you can just wait until the schedule comes out. Smiley  My station didn't post their schedule until very recently, so it's only a matter of time before you find out. Cheesy
okay thanks:)

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 03:32PM »

My local stations are telling me to check back in early-mid November, so you might want to try that. Smiley If you've already contacted them and asked, then it's probably that they don't actually HAVE any info yet because they're still finalizing everything, like TheWhite~Rose said. Smiley

CelticCate

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 03:57PM »

Just heard from GBP here in Georgia, and they said that "Celtic Woman Greatest Journey Holiday Special is scheduled Sunday 11-28-10 at 7:00 PM." And to check back in early to mid November about the pledge gifts.

IMG_1373.JPG
aNDy
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 04:22PM »

Just heard from GBP here in Georgia, and they said that "Celtic Woman Greatest Journey Holiday Special is scheduled Sunday 11-28-10 at 7:00 PM." And to check back in early to mid November about the pledge gifts.
That's good news. Thanks for the heads up. Smiley
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 09:36PM »

FYI for those of you in Jacksonville, FL.

WJCT in Jacksonville has "The Greatest Journey - Holiday Special" now on their schedule for the following dates:

12/1/2010, 8pm
12/5/2010, 9pm
12/10/2010, 9:30pm

No idea if they will be accepting pledges, but if I had to take a wild guess I'd say probably so given the dates. I'm going to try to get in contact with them after November 1 and see what they say.

Jennifer
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 10:18PM »

for people in the Twin Cities, they're showing Celtic Woman: A Christmas Celebration on November 29th at 8 PM and December 4th at 9 PM.

i have no idea if they're just showing it because by then Christmas would be coming up or if they're taking pledges.
YoungTwins

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 03:53PM »

We just sent emails to all the local PBS stations... now just anxiously waiting their reply. I hope they come to CA again soon!!!!!

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: