Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas CD  (Read 10838 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03PM »

If these are the songs from the Christmas Special maybe Meav is also on the album?

I think so. According to Amazon the cd includes songs as Do You Hear What I hear, and reviews of the show said that Méav also sang in that song. I really hope it will have O Holy Night, Méav sang it accompanied by Órla on the harp. Must be stunning  Grin

Actually no! It is strictly orla!  I got the CD off of i-tunes and listened to the whole thing! It is gorgeous!  I listened to Suintrai (spelling) and it is a Meav song (which sorry i couldn't understand what the words were the way she sang them) and it was orla singing it, as the rest of her CD!

I think you are talking about Winter, Fire & Snow, which is indeed all Órla. But this cd does have songs from the christmas special she recorded with Méav  Smiley

aah! Yes I do have the winter fire and snow one!  i like it alot!  I didn't se the one from the taping though out yet!  I can't wait though! That should also be gorgeous! on a side note  I just got the pbs thing though in the mail saying her special will be aired next month! so excited!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
aNDy
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 09:30PM »

Woo Hoo! Glad I got Amazon Prime for free for a year with that college thing going around Cheesy (gotta love the $3.99 next day shipping..)
I just hope I get a good copy this time.. b/c when I ordered my copy of Distant Shore from amazon a few months ago, it arrived badly damaged. Undecided They sent me a replacement quickly though.
carl

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 12:06PM »

Got mine in the mail today ... woo hoo Smiley

unwrapping and about to listen to it now ...

two Orla Christmas CDs in one year ... Now if CW would whip one out right quick it would be a Purr-fect year .....
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:11PM by carl » Logged
MaryNorth93
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 12:14PM »

I'm listening it since a few days with much pleasure... And I wouldn't mind if Órlagh and Méav would record a cd together, their voices blend perfectly together!  Shocked I'm in love with 'Do You Hear What I Hear?'

It's amazing. The background vocals fit well in, the instrumentals are well done and just have to make you happy. And not to forget Órlagh's wonderfull voice. It's a very special christmas  Grin
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 06:12PM »

A blog review:  http://blogs.ink19.com/straightnochaser/archives/332

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 06:27PM »

Good one! Obviously, someone with impeccable taste in music!  Thanks, Kelli.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: