Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour dates announced!  (Read 54834 times)
Libby

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2011, 11:47PM »

I'm really excited to see Orla in Tacoma, WA in October, but I'm anxious about the tickets. I know it's early, but on her website for ticket information for each venue, it just shows links to your local PBS stations. Is that where the tickets will be on sale? PBS usually charges a lot to benefit their organizations. And how will we know when the tickets are going on sale? I signed up for newsletters from both Orla's and the Rialto Theatre's websites, so I hope that will help me know in time. I want to be in the front row!  Grin
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2011, 09:58AM »

First of all, Welcome to the forum!! It's always great to see new members logging on.

As for tickets, I would suggest you call or email the Member Services dept. of KBTC and ask them if they are currently offering OR will be offering tickets to Orlagh's concert in October at the Rialto Theatre. Many PBS stations have already had their pledge drives in December. However, as you may be aware, these pledge drives are held periodically throughout the year. I pledged for tickets with a Meet & Greet with my local PBS station for Orlagh's show in Bethlehem,PA and can tell you that the VIP tickets were VERY reasonably priced compared to other M & G packages I have pledged for through PBS.

Also, you may contact the venue itself, the Rialto Theatre, and ask them when tickets will go on sale to the public.

Hope this helps and Good Luck! I can guarantee you that attending an Orlagh concert will be memorable.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2011, 10:16AM »

Just a little bit off-topic, but Susan, my Aunt lives in Bethlehem!! Smiley 

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 01:17PM »

aww
I would love to see her live!!

<3

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
Libby

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 03:35PM »

Thanks Susan, I'll try what you suggest. So, do you have to be a member of PBS to purchase tickets from them? And will they start nagging me about donating to them?
I'm sure the theatre will advertise the show eventually, but I'm just not sure it would be soon enough to get good seats. Since the CW show itself usually sells out 3 separate shows in Seattle, I don't doubt Orla's show will be pretty popular too.
greenfire6
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 04:55PM »

If I may step in for a moment with my experiences...

Pledging for tickets has also included membership to that local PBS affiliate. So no, I didn't have to already be a member.

As for receiving solicitations for further donations; I haven't received any.

It seems like PBS usually controls a small fraction of the total seats available. Typically the seats very close to the stage. That means there are usually some very good seats still available through the theatres or third party ticket sellers. If you only need one seat it's often possible to get a very good one, right up to a week prior to curtain. Order early when you need multiple seats together.

Órla is a sure-enough star. I think she will do very well in Seattle.  Grin

Have fun! Cheesy
darel

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2011, 07:59PM »

Thanks Susan, I'll try what you suggest. So, do you have to be a member of PBS to purchase tickets from them? And will they start nagging me about donating to them?
I'm sure the theatre will advertise the show eventually, but I'm just not sure it would be soon enough to get good seats. Since the CW show itself usually sells out 3 separate shows in Seattle, I don't doubt Orla's show will be pretty popular too.
you do not purchase tickets from PBS, you pledge a certain dollar amount for a complimentary gift.  if the show is cancelled for some reason, no refund (your PBS station may give a refund).   i have been pledging for Celtic Woman tickets since 2007 with no problems.

by all means, CONTACT the venue. since PBS only has a small number of tickets, there should be great seats available when the venue does offer them.
Libby

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2011, 05:35PM »

by all means, CONTACT the venue. since PBS only has a small number of tickets, there should be great seats available when the venue does offer them.

OKAY, darel.  Wink

Orla's site just leads one to believe the only way to get tickets is through PBS stations.

As I said, I'm signed up for updates from the theatre, so I'm hoping they'll tell me when Orla's tickets are on sale.
darel

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2011, 08:52PM »

As I said, I'm signed up for updates from the theatre, so I'm hoping they'll tell me when Orla's tickets are on sale.

keep checking the venues website (often), go to their "contact us" button and find someone (the theatre director is probably overkill) to send a polite e-mail to asking for more information. you are going to get great seats.

i pledge to PBS anyway, nice to get a gift.
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17PM »

Just a little bit off-topic, but Susan, my Aunt lives in Bethlehem!! Smiley 

O/T Reply: It's a great town ..especially around Christmas!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2011, 07:45AM »

I am so excited that I will be able to attend one of the concerts this year! Though they are NOT the best seats but really do you need good seats to enjoy Celtic Woman??

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
darel

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2011, 09:25AM »

I am so excited that I will be able to attend one of the concerts this year! Though they are NOT the best seats but really do you need good seats to enjoy Celtic Woman??
my first show was row ZZ, any further back i would have been in the lobby. great show.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2011, 12:12AM »

do you need good seats to enjoy Celtic Woman??
Absolutely not. Think about it, would you rather be sitting in your living room, knowing the concert is about to start, and the girls are just a short distance away and you're missing it? Or would you rather be in the very last row, but still be in the same room as the girls, taking in all that energy and excitement? Far seats are better than no seats, I say.

Just a tip, if you know you're going to pretty far back, I think binoculars would help. Smiley
greenfire6
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2011, 03:13AM »

Simply being in the same building as Órla (or Celtic Woman) is a thrill.

I've never been in the "way, way back" but I have been in the middle where, arguably the sound is the best. After all it is all about the music and the quality of the sound that is most important... right?

(At least that's what I keep telling myself as LOL!  my eyes strain to catch all the stage craft, choreography and every facial expression! Shocked Grin Wink)
Libby

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2011, 10:43PM »

I'll enjoy the show no matter what seats I get, but I'm bound and determined to get the best seats possible. I don't expect to be too far back. I have never seen Orla live before, so that's why I'm especially excited to see her.

My seats at the first CW concert I went to weren't the best, but I still had a clear view of the stage. And last time, I was a little closer, so I could see their faces better. But next time, I'm hoping to get even better seats! I'm not planning to go this year, though, and there are no Seattle dates yet anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: