Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour dates announced!  (Read 54669 times)
Maggie
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2011, 05:42PM »

Alas and alack, those Florida dates won't work for Kelli or myself. Cry Cry

The CW Christmas tour dates in Florida don't work either. Is this a plot to keep us apart?!!

Zee

Cry Cry Cry

I was hoping you might start a trend.....we could fill the theatre with Kelli & Zee Followers.....

(Sigh)
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2011, 07:18PM »

Alas and alack, those Florida dates won't work for Kelli or myself. Cry Cry

The CW Christmas tour dates in Florida don't work either. Is this a plot to keep us apart?!!

Zee

Cry Cry Cry

I was hoping you might start a trend.....we could fill the theatre with Kelli & Zee Followers.....

(Sigh)

We might fill the first row! LOL

Not to fear ,Sister Maggie. I am determined to make something happen somewhere,sometime,somehow!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2011, 05:23PM »

so a few days ago I just went down to the place and got the tickets in the office....Can't wait for Oct now.
(and of course the Dec for ACC)
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2011, 07:55PM »

Looks like Orlagh has added another concert in August:

http://www.carnegieconcerts.com/ordertickets.asp?p=99&backurl=default.asp

This is NOT Carnegie Hall in NYC  - it's a concert venue in Munhall,PA which looks to be on the Western side of the state.

Zee

greenfire6
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2011, 10:22PM »

Hmmm,

How to adequately script my avatar caption is getting much more complicated...

Go Órla go!!!!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2011, 10:05AM »

This is NOT Carnegie Hall in NYC  - it's a concert venue in Munhall,PA which looks to be on the Western side of the state.

Zee
*sigh*  All the PA venues are too far away for me. Sad  I couldn't go see the Harrisburg show either because of school--hopefully, she can possibly squeeze another PA date in at some point?  If not, I guess I can wait for next year--I will see her live someday. Cheesy
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2011, 08:47AM »

This is NOT Carnegie Hall in NYC  - it's a concert venue in Munhall,PA which looks to be on the Western side of the state.

Zee

This is the Pittsburgh concert. It does get confusing though because usually this venue is listed as the carnegie Music Hall in Homestead, which is a town right by Munhall, which is maybe 3 or 4 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. This concert was originally scheduled for March 31 at the Carnegie Music Hall in Oakland. Not the California Oakland, but the Pittsburgh Oakland. hahaha

On a side note, off topic, just to ramble on about some trivia. (UH-OH!) 

Homestaed is an interesting place. The "Battle for Homestead" occurred there in 189?. Andrew Carnegie and Henry Clay Frick sent in Pinkertons to crush the steelworkers union but they ambushed the Pinkertons and the Pa Governor had to send in the national guard. Plus Homestead was home of the Homedtead Greys Negro League baseball team. Plus in the 1950s an air force plane made a crash landing in the river next to the Homestead Bridge. Lots of rumors that the military pulled the plane out of the water at night and covered something up. Did it have a nuke on board? Biological or chemical weapons? A VIP passenger (possibly an ex-Nazi scientist hidden and protected because he hated Communists and was helping us?) Modern day Homestead no longer has a steel mill. The land now holds a wide variety of modern businesses. Red Robin, Borders, Target, movie theatres, all sorts of cool stuff.

The Oakland Carnegie Music hall also has interesting stuff right by it. Old Forbes Field was right next door until about 1970. When you see pictures of Pittsburgh Pirate Bill Mazeroski hitting his game winning 9th inning game 7 world series home run against the dreaded NY Yankees, you see this building's roof in the background! The little park next to it has an underground bridge! Yes, they filled in the hollow there and just kept covering stuff up, even the bridge that spanded it. Pitt's Cathedral of Learning ios right next door, and itsa the tallest university buidling in the western hemisphere. A log cabin is across the street from the carnegie, a replica of the first Univ of Pittsburgh building from 178?. The Phipps Conservatory is nearby, and during the G7 summit a couple years ago, all the world's leaders met there, and protesters ran amuck around the carnegie. I suspect Orla would loooove Phipps Conservatory. All sorts of plants / flowers there.

ok sorry for the ramble.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2011, 06:50PM »

One month from today, our girl will be back in the States performing in Cleveland and the next evening in the Pittsburgh area!!

Hope Orla recognizes lots of familiar faces at both shows!!

Zee

Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2011, 07:13PM »

WIsh I could go to a show this year but so far nothing near me or anything like that Sad

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2011, 09:27AM »

I got an email saying that she will be in Charlotte at the McGlohon theatre on Sept 30th. http://www.maxxmusic.com/concerts/orla.htm

So Katharine and I bought tickets! We're going with our mom who loves Orlagh as well! Cheesy This show is a Friday and only a couple hours away and we couldn't pass that up!  I'm so glad we get to see her again, even if we don't get to meet her.  Her concert was amazing last year and I would have been sad if we couldn't have made it to any this year!

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2011, 08:15PM »

I got an email saying that she will be in Charlotte at the McGlohon theatre on Sept 30th. http://www.maxxmusic.com/concerts/orla.htm

So Katharine and I bought tickets! We're going with our mom who loves Orlagh as well! Cheesy This show is a Friday and only a couple hours away and we couldn't pass that up!  I'm so glad we get to see her again, even if we don't get to meet her.  Her concert was amazing last year and I would have been sad if we couldn't have made it to any this year!

I have two words.....WOO HOO!!  Grin Grin

Zee

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2011, 09:31PM »

I have two words.....WOO HOO!!  Grin Grin

Zee

Hahaha!  I feel the same way, Zee!!  So excited we get to see Orlagh again this year! She's fantastic!  Smiley Smiley

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
barbeaver

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2011, 08:06PM »

New tour date just announced:  Orla will be at the Renaissance Auditorium at the Dayton Art Institute in Dayton, Ohio on Sunday October 2, 2011 at 7:30pm. Tickets are now on sale. There are still front row seats available. I believe the prices are $35.00 - $49.00.  Got mine!!! Can't wait to see her again.

EMERALD GEMS
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2011, 07:35PM »

Orla will be beginning the second leg of her solo tour the end of this month. If you haven't done so already, I strongly encourage you to try and make one of her concerts. They are listed on her official website under "tour": www.orlafallon.net

Anyone who has had the privilege of seeing Orla perform in concert, accompanied by some incredible musicians, can tell you that it a very special evening and one that you will not soon forget!!

Zee

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2011, 04:30PM »

I'm in for the Dayton show on October 2!  I can't wait to see her in concert again!  Shocked Cool

For those of you who live in or near any of these cities, it is important that a good audience showing be made at these cities for her initial appearance there.  Venues which don't do well the first time around in terms of ticket sales may find themselves left out in favor of other venues in succeeding tours.   Undecided  Such are economic realities of touring!  Therefore, do what you can to help out with promotion when Orla is in your area!  Wink Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: