Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Orlagh song  (Read 4569 times)
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« on: November 02, 2010, 05:51PM »

Hey, everyone!  This is Hayley and my friend Maighread!  We were wondering what your favorite song by Orlagh Fallon from this list is.
Thanks for voting!
Le gra,
Hayley

Le gra,
Maighread

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
aNDy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:20PM »

I seriously love them all but I picked Carrickfergus (CW) & Isle of Inisfree.
If I could choose one that's not on the list, I would pick "A' Soalin (Soul Cake)" from Orlagh's Celtic Christmas.
I totally got hooked on this song after hearing it at the taping in Nashville. It was AWESOME!!!
Can't wait to hear the full song again when the album comes out.. Grin
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:46AM »

My favorite Orlagh song by far is "Carrickfergus."  When the New Journey concert from Slane Castle appeared on PBS I saw Celtic Woman for the first time.  The highlight of the show for me was Orlagh singing "Carrickfergus."  Her singing plus playing the harp and the emotion she put into it was awesome.  I was smitten to say the least.  Then a year later I saw Celtic Woman for the first time live and she sang it.  My heart missed a beat.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
greenfire6
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:40PM »

Generally I shy away from declaring favs because music pieces, especially Órla's, will "speak" to me differently nearly from week to week.

But I will mention a couple of Órla's work that strike me at this moment:

Homes of Donegal. Unfortunately Órla has not recorded this much loved song to my knowledge. When I witnessed Órla sing this warm and beautiful song, acapella, in an intimate setting in November 2009 I was absolutely sure I had died and gone to heaven. (sigh) And, judging by the reaction of the audience that filled that rather small place, I don't think I was the only one.  Wink Cheesy

Dancing in the Moonlight. I first heard Órla sing this song on her album Distant Shore. To be honest I initially sort of held this piece at arms length. Not that I didn't appreciate that it came from her own pen and was a fun song. I guess it was a little too "Pop" for snobbish me. That is until I witness Órla, with her incredible stage presence and charisma, sing that song live. That's all it took! Órla took her sword to my snobbery and sliced and diced it that night! Now Dancing in the Moonlight is more than special to me. I love it!

Back on topic... I'm open to voting for a couple after I give it some thought.
greenfire6
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 08:36AM »

There all too good to pick a fav.  Cheesy

But I did vote for my sentimental favorites-

Isle of Innishfree because it was the first song I heard Órla sing (and accompany herself on harp to boot!).

Siúil A Rún with Celtic Woman because it was the first time I saw Órla perform.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 10:54AM »

I absolutely love Orla's take on "Away In A Manger" on the Christmas DVD. Her expressive style always turns my eyes watery. She puts so much feeling into this one.  Smiley

MarleneDFan1901

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 01:57PM »

i chose Isle of Inisfree and Harrys game and each obviously have their own reasons.
Isle of Inisfree: i love the version she sang with CW because it was the first song that really let me hear Orla's voice and i absolutely fell in love with it.
Harry's Game: was the 2nd one because theres a really haunting feel when u hear it. the harmonies plus Orla's haunting voice is just fantastic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: