Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irish Music Awards 2010 voting open!  (Read 27347 times)
Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 01:32AM »

ended up I voted Lynn on that one, because I knew Lisa will lead.

I hope Lisa's fan will forgive me.  Grin
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 02:03AM »

You can vote once in each category?

How am I supposed to choose between Méav or Máiréad? Or Lisa, Lynn & Deirdre?  Shocked

Yes, I think it is ONE time...voting for Siobahn Owen is really important..that she be recognized as the Best NEW Artist.

I know exactly what you mean...you might as well flip a coin..those are some difficult choices  for sure...

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Lugiahua

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 03:47AM »

According to OP, two times if you are a premier member.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 07:43AM »

Máiréad and Lisa are leading.. so I hope people don't care (especially the Lisaholics  Roll Eyes) that I voted for Méav & Lynn. But of course they all deserve an award  Grin

Edit: I find it kinda odd Máiréad and Méav are in the same category. An instrumentalist is for me different than an vocalist... Méav and Máiréad both have a special musical gift. Cruel to choose between them  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:16AM by MaryN. » Logged
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 11:08AM »

I too, voted for Meav and Lynn. but i just wanted to bring something I noticed to attention. They spelled Lynns last name wrong. They spelled it with 2 'L's not 1 like it should be. Not sure if that can be fixed or not but i just wanted to let someone know

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
paladin

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 08:25PM »

I have been counting votes over on the IMA and alot of the votes are very close.
It cost nothing to join as a free member but you only get to vote once in the free member section.
If you join the paid member section you get to vote in the paid member section and the free member section and your vote is waited to count more.

As close as some of the votes are it would not take many paid member votes to over turn the free vote leader.

Remember if you do not vote do not complain if the individual you want to win dose not win.

http://irishmusicassociation.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=7320a522de482c54e18794dd9229423ahttp://

As of DEC 10, 2010 There is now only 8 votes that seperate Orla from second place.  This will be very close if you have not voted for best new Irish CD please do so.  Orlagh needs our votes to win.  
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:31PM by paladin » Logged
Lugiahua

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 03:32AM »

I have been counting votes over on the IMA and alot of the votes are very close.
It cost nothing to join as a free member but you only get to vote once in the free member section.
If you join the paid member section you get to vote in the paid member section and the free member section and your vote is waited to count more.

As close as some of the votes are it would not take many paid member votes to over turn the free vote leader.

Remember if you do not vote do not complain if the individual you want to win dose not win.

http://irishmusicassociation.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=7320a522de482c54e18794dd9229423ahttp://

hmm, maybe you can also post this one some other CW related forums?
I'm sure there are many people do not know this event yet.
KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2010, 12:55AM »

CALLING ALL LISAHOLICS.....

Lisa's lead in the IMA award voting is slowy getting smaller. If you want her to win then you have to vote for her.

I've been reading the threads in this topic and I noticed a few that said they voted for Lynn or Deidre and Meav with the reasoning that Lisa and Mairead will get plenty of votes from their diehard fans.
Not to offend anyone in the forum, but if you truly want Lynn, Deidre or Meav to win over Lisa and Mairead then by all means cast your vote for them but if you are just voting for them because you think that Lisa and Mairead are shoe-ins and you'll feel bad for the other girls if they lost by a wide margin then that really isn't fair because if too many people feel and vote that way then Lisa or Mairead could easily end up losing as a result of that.  It happens on DWTS every season, someone really good goes home because too many people ASSUME they won't NEED the votes and then just like that they go from the top of the leader board to the couple with the least votes and everyone is shocked by it.

I'm not trying to tell people who to vote for, only that they should vote for who they think or want to win.  Smiley   

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
Inga
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 02:30AM »

Some of the nominated artists have not so many fans who will powervote for them. They have never a  chance to win anyway, although they are good as well. The artists with the most fans will always get the awards.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:02AM by Inga » Logged
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 04:29AM »

Lisa's lead in the IMA award voting is slowy getting smaller. If you want her to win then you have to vote for her.

I've been reading the threads in this topic and I noticed a few that said they voted for Lynn or Deidre and Meav with the reasoning that Lisa and Mairead will get plenty of votes from their diehard fans.
Not to offend anyone in the forum, but if you truly want Lynn, Deidre or Meav to win over Lisa and Mairead then by all means cast your vote for them but if you are just voting for them because you think that Lisa and Mairead are shoe-ins and you'll feel bad for the other girls if they lost by a wide margin then that really isn't fair because if too many people feel and vote that way then Lisa or Mairead could easily end up losing as a result of that.  It happens on DWTS every season, someone really good goes home because too many people ASSUME they won't NEED the votes and then just like that they go from the top of the leader board to the couple with the least votes and everyone is shocked by it.

I'm not trying to tell people who to vote for, only that they should vote for who they think or want to win.  Smiley   

I am gonna vote right now Cheesy Of course I vote for her! tsstsss... Cheesy
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 04:33AM »

Okay, I voted!!!  Grin Lisa is doing great now! Cheesy
MaryNorth93
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 08:38AM »

I did vote for Méav & Lynn based on my own opinions.. not because I feel 'bad' for them otherwise.  They all deserve an award. Whomever wins or 'lose', being nominated is still an great honor  Smiley

lisaholic nr1
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 08:40AM »

Well said Mary!
Inga
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2010, 08:49AM »

If I would vote, I would vote for Daryl Simpson. But I don't vote. There are many talented artists out there and everyone of them is unique, none of them is better than another, it is all personal taste.  Every artist gives his best. Maybe some of them have more promotion than the others.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2010, 12:50PM »

Many awards and honors ( for example, Baseball's All-Star voting) can be seen as popularity contests by some. However, it doesn't diminish the honor of being nominated or winning. In my book, all the nominees are already winners by virtue of the fact that they have been recognized for their talents and accomplishments by people who have been touched by their music in some way and would like to see their artist get the recognition.

May the best man, or woman, win!

Zee
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:20PM by SusanZ » Logged

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: