Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irish Music Awards 2010 voting open!  (Read 27276 times)
MaryNorth93
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 01:14PM »

Well said Suzan.

It was sometimes also hard to vote in the other categories, a lot of my favorite Irish artists like Liz Carrol and Tommy Fleming have made it to selection. But of course they have to limit the number of nominees.. there is too much Irish talent  Grin
paladin

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 11:43AM »

I feel like a count down.
Many CW members are only voting for one catagory.  It is important to vote in all. 
Orlagh was nominated for Best New Irish CD.

But only a few members of the CW our voting. Cry  Hey its free if you do not want to pay and yes registering can be a pain but it is only time. Roll Eyes Grin These awards show our support for these lovely ladies and all they do.  Cheesy 

Orlagh could lose in the best CD catagory if you do not take the time to vote for her CD.

As of today Decemebr 11 she only leads by three votes in the free section and 2 votes in the paid member section. Shocked Huh

These Awards are Fan based whether free member or paid.  How would you like to be able to vote for the Emmy's, Tony's or Osars.  These are the Peoples Choice Awards for Irish Music.  Please vote. 

Thank you for reading and please vote and get your friends out to vote who are not members of the forum.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 05:21PM »

John McSherry has now tied Orla in the Best New Irish CD category!   Shocked    Everyone who hasn't voted yet, your vote is needed now at: http://www.irishmusicawards.com/.   Also, CW piper Tommy Martin now slightly trails in the Top Uilleann Piper category!  We can't have that!   Embarrassed

Hayley&LisaKFanatic
Bodhrán Player

I'm Lisa K and Hayley's #1 fan!!

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 09:06AM »

I just voted Cheesy

Thanks Michaela  ^^
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"- Whinney The Poo
I have OCCWD and OCLK&HWD
April 5th 2011 Cheesy Cheesy
Una Pedrischi is the best choir member!!
paladin

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 10:39AM »

Orlagh and some other CW fans favorites are either now tied ahead by just a little or have lost thier lead in both the free and paid member areas...
Well, I am still watching the votes I know this is not Dick Clarks or Casy Casons Top 40 Count Down. But it is a very important count down.  Orlagh is just barly ahead in the free votes and tied in the paid votes.  She could lose this at any moment please get out and VOTE DON'T WAIT till the end.
While I know many of you do not want to be a paid member remember that paid member's votes are weighted against free members.  What this means is that your paid member vote in the paid member catogry can count like two or three votes and sometimes even more this means that in a vote that is close in the free member section could be the difference in winning or losing by voting in the paid member section.   Putting that nominee over the top even if they were behind by more than just a vote or two.  How dedicated are we to our Girls.  Come on a $15.00 membership is not going to break you and you get to vote in the paid member section.

Nows the time to show you really care.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 01:00PM »

Well, I am TRYING to join but it won't let me!  Angry

I get to a certain point and it won't let me check-out. But, I will keep trying!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2010, 11:01AM »

I get to a certain point and it won't let me check-out. But, I will keep trying!

Zee

You've managed to join as a paid member now, haven't you Zee?  I had the same problem initially.  Somebody yell when we new paid members are able to vote!  We'll need to cast all votes anew!  Orlagh presently trails slightly in the New Irish CD category and Tommy Martin needs our vote in his close Uileann Pipes category!   Shocked Undecided

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2010, 02:06PM »

Zee

You've managed to join as a paid member now, haven't you Zee?  I had the same problem initially.  Somebody yell when we new paid members are able to vote!  We'll need to cast all votes anew!  Orlagh presently trails slightly in the New Irish CD category and Tommy Martin needs our vote in his close Uileann Pipes category!   Shocked Undecided

Just voted as a PAID member!!! Orlagh is now one vote ahead!

Zee

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2010, 05:08PM »

Zee

Just voted as a PAID member!!! Orlagh is now one vote ahead!

Zee

Fantastic!  Did they send you a notice, or did you just find yourself able to vote in the paid section?  I still can't.  Undecided

paladin

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2010, 10:43PM »

Orlagh is now five votes behind it is important to remember everyone when voting in the IMA.  If you have voted consider joining the IMA and being able to VOTE again as a Paid member where your vote will count for even more. 

Iam not affailiated with the IMA except as a patron member like any of you who might wish to join.  I do not like to see Orlaghs chance at best new Irish CD slipping away.

If you are having problems registering please contact the IMA they will be more than happy to get your registeration straighten out.
It seems they have been attacked and they tightened their security and it seems to be interfering with registeration they our trying to fix it.

Please VOTE!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2010, 05:52AM »

I've just voted in the Paid membership section.  We need everyone on this, as it obviously is going to be a close contest!  Shocked Smiley

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2010, 08:24AM »

I totally agree with Randy and John! Let's show our support for ALL our nominees. It only takes a few moments to register and vote on the public forum. But, if you can afford it ( and I realize money is tight for many), join as a PAID member and then you can vote in both sections. Think about it - a Starbucks latte costs you close to $4.00 and its gone within 10 minutes. For $15.00, you can help our girls receive an award that they can cherish for the rest of their lives!

Zee

paladin

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2010, 06:47PM »

I am going to post this reply from Bob Reeder the Director of the IMA to a new member of the IMA it will give everyone an idea on the voting and the purpose of the IMA. Please take time to read.

Re: flaws in this award process
As the director of the Irish Music Association, I would like to thank you for your post. You have expressed some concerns that are shared by many newcomers to the Irish Music Awards and I am glad to have this opportunity to address them.

The purpose of the Irish Music Association is to encourage the production and appreciation of the many different forms of Irish music. The Irish Music Awards were created not only to encourage Irish musicians but also to expose Irish music fans to music they might not have otherwise been familiar with. To that end, I believe that the Irish Music Awards have been incredibly successful. I hope that people who come here to vote in one category also browse through the other categories, become familiar with new Irish Music, and vote. I thank you for your interest in the many different types of Irish Music.

We encourage all of our nominees and artist to invite their fans to become paid members of the Irish Music Association. We hope that those fans will vote not only for their favorite artists, but also take the time to explore the other nominees in all 18 award categories. And even though no artist can be nominated for the same award in two consecutive years, we sincerely hope those fans will return year-after-year to vote again. All IMA members are given admission to the yearly awards presentation as well as any other benefits that are offered at their membership level. While we certainly encourage any and all ideas for funding these awards, I do not believe our system is flawed.

The Irish Music Awards are very expensive to produce and without some form of support from fans or artists we would not be able to continue presenting the awards every year. We allow free members to vote in order to be fair and include as many people as possible in the process. However, we encourage all of our members to become paid members by allowing those who support the process monetarily to have a little more weight to their vote. Paid members, collectively, account for 50% of the Irish Music Award vote total in each category, while free members make up the remaining 50%. We do have systems in place to prevent artists from 'buying' awards and we audit the voting very closely each year to prevent any attempts at fraud.

We hope that you will decide to join the Irish Music Association and enjoy the many benefits of your membership level.

R T Reeder
Director
Irish Music Association
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2011, 07:50PM »

As most of you know, Orla Fallon  has been nominated in the Best New Irish CD category for Distant Shore in 2010 by the Irish Music Association. She currently trails in votes in these last few days of voting!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

PLEASE HELP! If you are not already a member, go to the IMA website: http://www.irishmusicassociation.com/phpBB3/   Repeating instructions from Kelli: Register as a new member. Once you have registered, you can vote on the Forum under the thread Public Voting for the 2010 IMA Awards. There is absolutely NO fee to join, unless you decide to become a Paid Member which costs $15. If you choose to do the latter, you will be able to vote twice, as a Public and Paid Member. You will get no spam.

You can vote in the other categories too, in which several Celtic Woman cast are nominated (highlighted):

Best New Irish CD
       IMA Nominees:  Orla Fallon, John McSherry, The Mickey Finns, 

Top Solo Performer in Concert (US, IRE, EU, UK)
       IMA Nominees: Mairead Nesbitt, Méav, Luka Bloom,  Christy Moore

Best Female Vocalist (individual/trad.)
       IMA Nominees:  Lynn Hillary, Deirdre Shannon, Lisa Kelly, Mary Black

Top Traditional Performance Show
       IMA Nominees: Celtic Woman, Chieftains, Riverdance, Trad on the Prom

Top Uilleann Piper (US, IRE, EU)
       IMA Nominees: Tim Britton, Tommy Martin, Diarmaid Moynihan, Paddy Keenan

Voting ends January 12, 2011, making this the last weekend before voting closes, so don't put it off if you intend to vote (and what Celtic Woman fan would not feel compelled to do so)!   

Will you not make this one small effort on behalf of these artists who have given so much to us, year-after-year?  We praise them constantly here in words--now we have the opportunity to help present them with a concrete award which may be displayed (with hopefully some degree of affection in remembrance of their fans) long after their touring years are over.   Smiley

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 01:10PM »

Remember, voting for the 2010 IMA awards ends Wednesday January 12th, 2011 at 3 PM CST! http://www.irishmusicassociation.com/phpBB3/

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: