Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: being the youngest person  (Read 8312 times)
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 05:02AM »

Those careers had got them started for the show.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
epicwolf

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 06:20PM »

In fact more and more teenagers have a very mature voice at an early age.

A great example is Christina Aguilera.

Chloe and Hayley are part of the many thousands of talented teenagers who started singing when they were very young even as early as age 7 and started to have mature singing voices by age 15.

Yes true. I think though that Hayley's singing voice sounded a lot more mature at even an earlier age. For example, the "I dreamed a Dream" song on her dvd. She is just a kid but really has a mature powerful singing voice that can deeply move a person. On the other hand with Chloe, she seems to retain a youthful enthusiasm to her voice. Its still sort of young sounding to me. But that could just be my ears / hearing. And there is nothing wrong with that. In fact its kind of nice. Chloe always seems full of energy and always seems to be happy in her performance. That transfers to me as I watch and is very enjoyable.

You are right about Aguilera. She does have talent, but a couple things distract from it. First, the whole MTV / pop music / "get dirty" kind of thing. The focus is on the visual, i.e. sleazy outfits, dancing, etc with the music sort of as secondary, enhancing the message with suggestive language / lyrics. With CW, its sort of opposite. The image of the show enhances the experience of enjoying the music, which is the focus.

The second thing about Aguilera contrasting with CW & Chloe is with  attitude / interview skills. Aguilera comes off as being smug, at least to me anyway. Maybe she is coached to be that way, since that sort of attitude is congruent with her music. Chloe is the opposite. She seems very sincere and polite in interviews. Very mature. BUT, I thought the same thing about Britney Spears at the beginning of her career. If you have ever seen her then in an interview, she was either very well coached or very smart. At one point in time she knew what she was doing in the PR department. Of course now its different.

Yes Aguilera is a totally different breed than contempary female performances and classical performances. It doesnt changed the fact that I believe Aguilera is a great singer. I can't say the same for Britney Spears because in my opinion I do not believe she is a good singer at all. I can sit here and talk about the choices those female artists made to become eaither a laughin stock by becoming "mtv pop sluts" or a sweet,  innocent and goregous angels like Chloe and Hayley but this topic is about female singing voices at an early age. I am not a fan of Christina Aguilera but I do know great singing when i hear it and I believe she has a very poweful voice. its the choice she made for her appearance that I dont realy like. Again, I know the rules for this forum about not bashing other artist so I am not going to go further.

But if you want another example of a very young artist who matured as a singer and her voices but are different breeds than CW style, mandy moore is another choice of mine. She starts out as a typical mtv pop star but realized that its not her style so she began to do more country/acoustic pop style music. I am a fan of her because the choices she made does not linked her to the mtv pop which not many here like and she matured with her voices.

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 08:54PM »

Another important point to remember here is that Chloe is not only a part of a group ( she shares the spotlight by design), but one that does a very good job of balancing solo with group success and one that truly seems to look out for each other. If Chloe were to start to do something wrong, I would guess Orla and Lisa would jump in and say something, or David would, or David would contact her parents and ask them to talk to her.  The people around her would certainly not encourage some things, and most probably would discourage some things.

With pop singers, some types of things are not discouraged, but expected. Being immature is part of the PR / image of the musician. They are also solo musicians for the most part, so they dont share the spotlight, its all about them. So when things go bad, their attitude is one that they are the center of the world, it cant happen to ME kind of thing.

I guess, in short, what I am trying to say is that Chloe has been blessed to be in a good situation surrounded by good people who are also very successful musicians. And she seems smart enough to work hard and not screw it up.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: