Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh no! Looks like Lynn is leaving CW...  (Read 62412 times)
Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2010, 03:54AM »

Well....I just still can't take the truth. It will probably take me a while to accept it. Embarrassed
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 03:25PM »

Dear Lynn....As I told Orlagh when she left CW, so I will tell you now.
Please know that you will continue to have our support and best wishes always. We Thank you for the comittment and sacrifice it took to be a part of Celtic Woman. You are a beautiful Lady, with such a wonderful voice, I am sure great things lie in the future for you.
As a musician myself, I know how difficult being on the road can be, and you have to do what's best for Lynn, first and foremost. If that requires going a different road, so be it. We all want you to be happy in what you do, you would wish the same for all of us.
Best of luck to you on the adventure ahead, whatever path you choose to take.
Thanks so much for the gifts you've given us.
Bruce

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2010, 05:16PM »

I still can't get used to the idea that she's just NOT going to be there when (hopefully) I FINALLY get to see my first CW concert next year.... She's not my favorite member of CW, but for some reason... I just can't believe that she's really not going to be there......

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
celticartzyangel
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2010, 06:34PM »

I still can't get used to the idea that she's just NOT going to be there when (hopefully) I FINALLY get to see my first CW concert next year.... She's not my favorite member of CW, but for some reason... I just can't believe that she's really not going to be there......
same  Embarrassed
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2010, 09:04PM »

Last weekend, I was in New York City to take 2 of my Nieces for some early Christmas shopping, and to see West Side Story on Broadway.  So, I missed the initial announcement of Lynn’s decision to take a break from CW.  Like the rest of you, I was both surprised (who saw that one coming?) and saddened by the news.  However, recognizing that she knows herself better than anyone, I understand her decision, and appreciate how difficult it must have been for her to make.  That said, I feel the need to recount some fond memories of the delightful Lynn to lessen the blow.

I first saw Lynn with CW at Radio City in March 2008 during the beginning of the last leg of the ANJ Tour.  My initial thoughts seeing her perform were that she had a fantastic voice, but seemed a little timid.  I now know that she’s a somewhat reserved person with a wonderful sense of humor that she uses to great effect.  For example, her bantering with Ray and Nicky about being seaweed at the beginning of Dulaman, telling the audience that she had to Google how to wish us a “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” in Gaelic during the Concert at the Patriots Center, and telling us about channeling Joni Mitchell at Woodstock and being born in the wrong decade during the Bethel Woods Concert demonstrate what a witty Lady she is.

As far as music goes, in addition to being beautiful and very powerful (just listen to her hit the last note of Carol of the Bells on the Whitehouse Christmas Tree lighting video), Lynn's voice is quite ethereal on some songs – her version of My Lagan Love is simply haunting.  On others, she blends perfectly with the other Ladies – her performances of Songs From The Heart with all the Ladies during the SFTH Tour, My Heart Was Home Again with Lisa during the 2nd leg of the SFTH Tour, Pie Jesu with Chloe on the SFTH DVD, and Good Night My Angel with Lisa and Chloe on the SFTH DVD are spectacular.  Lastly, Lynn’s lovely combination of fun and song on Carolina Rua (I saw it during the IOH Tour and on Youtube), and joining the Ladies on At The Cieli and Nil Sen La could melt even the coldest heart.  I only wish that CW Ltd. had acquiesced to my several requests, and allowed her to perform Joni Mitchell’s Both Sides Now.

Another thing I’ve grown to admire about Lynn is her passion about her beliefs, and her free spiritedness.  Being one who grew up during the 1960s, I believe Lynn would have fit right in during that tumultuous, but wonderful, decade.  

And so, I end this missive with a heart felt “Thank You” to Lynn for all she has given us over the past 3 years, and my sincere wishes to her for peace and continued success in all her future endeavors.    
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:05AM by bobh56 » Logged
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2010, 02:26PM »

I'm seeing the girls again in April, and I still can't believe Lynn won't be there!!  I'm gonna miss her solos, and her quiet, beautiful presence on stage.... *sigh*
 Cry Cry

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2011, 09:26AM »

Cry

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
celticartzyangel
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2011, 09:59AM »

It's been awhile and it's really hard to think about her being gone....  Undecided
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2011, 10:43AM »

It's been awhile and it's really hard to think about her being gone....  Undecided
I know I am still in shock!

Dear Celtic Woman,
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2011, 08:10PM »

Losing Lynn is a biggie. I had hoped she would never leave. That she would be here forever and ever. After her being with CW for 3 years, I had fallen head over heels for her. She's just ... so special. But, I'm sure she knows how we all feel about her. She knows she is loved immensely and that she will be missed terribly. It was a wonderful 3 years with her here. God bless her beautiful heart.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
bigCWfan17

3/15...The day I FINALLY saw/met Celtic Woman :)

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2011, 09:47PM »

I was so bummed out when i found out Lynn was leaving  Cry

"You are enough. You are so enough. It's unbelievable how enough you are."-- Sierra Boggess
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2011, 08:35AM »

I started crying Sad

Dear Celtic Woman,
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59AM »

I started crying Sad

same  Sad Sad

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2011, 01:40PM »

I started crying Sad

same  Sad Sad
Cry Sad Cry Sad

Dear Celtic Woman,
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2011, 01:55PM »

I know I am still in shock!

Oh me too....

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: