Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Rocks  (Read 4627 times)
callen
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:02PM »

My dearest Lisa,

My name is Allen and my wife’s name is Jerilynn.  We met you at the Meet and Greet following the Red Rocks concert.  I wanted to post this message to you because of how gracious and affectionate you were to us.  This was our very first Celtic Woman concert and you made it very special.  We were blown away by your performances and of course by the other ladies too.  Thank you so very much for being who and what you are, and then sharing it with the world.  This world needs you and the other girls, and because you are so very appealing as well as so very beautiful I know you will always be as well received as you were at this concert.

My wife and I were in the very front row just off stage center.  I was wearing a red Third Marine division Vietnam Veteran cap and she was wearing a red sequin top with a black skirt.  To help you remember I was the one who gave you a small book of poetry.  I hope you enjoyed it and it made you smile.  You bring so much joy to others that it is only fair that we bring a little joy to you.  I remember hearing that you don’t speak Irish, that none of you girls do, but I am sure that you know someone who does.  In any case, this is Irish and just for you from grateful fans.

Tá do guth an-álainn Lisa Kelly, tá tú an-álainn, tá tú chomh milis agus mar sin de shaghas. Beidh siúlóid le Dia duit agus tú ag breathnú thar anois, agus go deo.

Le gra.

Allen and Jerilynn
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:59AM »

Well said Allen, Lisa truly is wonderful!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:44AM »

Allen and Jerilynn, very nice tribute!  Just to clarify a bit - Lisa does not speak Irish natively, but she reads and understands it well.  I believe Lynn and Mairead are both fluent in Irish.  I'm not certain about Chloë.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:10AM »

Great you got to meet Lisa and you enjoyed your CW-concert! A very beautiful message. 

Allen and Jerilynn, very nice tribute!  Just to clarify a bit - Lisa does not speak Irish natively, but she reads and understands it well.  I believe Lynn and Mairead are both fluent in Irish.  I'm not certain about Chloë.

I believe there is an old video diary with Chloë where she gets lessons in speaking Irish. Guess she doesn't speak it natively then.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 11:11AM »

I think that was like a school thing she was doing, like we have to take english class here and they prob. have to do the same thing their!!   I am not to positive but, i thinig their was a video about a year or two ago were she was with Orla and (maybe one other video) were she speaks it fluently at home and Orla said something about that is great to beable to communicate with chloe???   But, I am sure she has to know it pretty well though!!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
callen
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 12:47PM »

This was my very first concert and I really don't know very much about any of the ladies.  But I heard Lynn say clearly that none of them speak Irish fluently.  But maybe it is a case of defining fluency, I am fluent in French and can make myself understood in Irish, Danish, Spanish, German and Italian.  I can understand written Latin and Greek, but I can't say I am fluent in any of them.    It seems unlikely to me that any of the ladies couldn't speak at least some Irish, I do know that Lisa said in one interview that she is not fluent in Irish, but I thought Máiréad was fluent.  Méav and Órla certainly are fluent in Irish but about Alex, Deirdre and Hayley I don't know.
firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 01:00PM »

Wow awesome!!
I hope I´ll meet Lisa soon, too!

<3

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 01:12PM »

I believe there is an old video diary with Chloë where she gets lessons in speaking Irish. Guess she doesn't speak it natively then.

If I remember correctly, children are required to take Irish language in school, so that was more than likely her schoolwork. Smiley

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
MaryNorth93
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 02:06PM »

If I remember correctly, children are required to take Irish language in school, so that was more than likely her schoolwork. Smiley

Ah, right then Smiley Guess I miss understood the video, I thought the teacher was learning her the words to Mo Ghile Mear. Wouldn't matter of course. Chloë does a fabulous job in speaking foreign languages, especially Italian.

And I'm sorry for getting off topic.. It's great to see those reviews/messages from Red Rocks! Would love to attend a CW-concert there  Cheesy

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 02:40PM »

And I'm sorry for getting off topic.. It's great to see those reviews/messages from Red Rocks!
Thank you.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Lisaholic

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE My Lisa-Girl!!

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 09:00PM »

I'll be MORE-THAN-HAPPY to get back on the topic of LISA!!!!  **giggle!**

OMG~I'm so happy you got to attend the Red Rocks concert~& FRONT ROW, TOO!!!!

How lucky you were to get a M&G as well...and with LISA attending!!!!  You TOTALLY SCORED THE JACKPOT with your very first concert~LOL!

I've been saying all along...that there's just something "extra-precious" about Lisa...about ALL of the girls, really...but just something "extra" about Lisa...and my life has NEVER...nor will EVER...be the same since meeting her.  Wink

"Lisa's preciousness touches my soul."

Lisa is truly a blessing to us ALL! 

I was on 3rd row at Red Rocks...piano side...and was jumping up and SCREEEEEEAMMMMING with ovation after every single song~LOL!!! 

And remember Lisa blowing that HUUUUGE KISS over to the side at the end of the show??!!!  That was for MEEEEEE!!!  **giggle!**  And I TOTALLY CAUGHT IT, TOO~hehe!  Grin

BTW~I know you were explaining in your writing above...what you you looked like...and what you were wearing...to refresh Lisa's memory...but I promise you Lisa DID NOT FORGET you!!!  She has a memory like an ELEPHANT with the face of an ANGEL...and the patience of JOB...(especially when people fall all apart & totally lose composure & turn into a sobbing MESS when they meet her for the first time...**cough-cough/giggle!**)

Lisa remembers all of us who love her so much.  She reads all of these posts to her...and about her...

We are not just a "group of random fans" to her...We all have a name and a face...and a heart...and she is VERY AWARE!  She takes time...and makes room in her heart...to love all of us right back...in the best way that she can!

So don't ever think that you need to "explain" yourself to her to jog her memory!  And if you gave her something from YOUR heart~she will totally TAKE it...to HER heart as well.

**fans face...speaking w/southern drawl** "'Lawd have mercy...I do love that Lisa Kelly..."~hehe!

BTW...It's nice to meet you!  My name is Cindy...and I'm...a LISAHOLIC!!  **giggle!**

**hugs!**
Cindy Smiley

Thanks, EVI~My "Lisaholic TWIN"~for the beautiful banner!  *squeeeee!!!* Grin

"Hello...My name is...Cindy...and I'm...a LISAHOLIC!"
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 02:22AM »

I'll be MORE-THAN-HAPPY to get back on the topic of LISA!!!!  **giggle!**

OMG~I'm so happy you got to attend the Red Rocks concert~& FRONT ROW, TOO!!!!

How lucky you were to get a M&G as well...and with LISA attending!!!!  You TOTALLY SCORED THE JACKPOT with your very first concert~LOL!

I've been saying all along...that there's just something "extra-precious" about Lisa...about ALL of the girls, really...but just something "extra" about Lisa...and my life has NEVER...nor will EVER...be the same since meeting her.  Wink

"Lisa's preciousness touches my soul."

Lisa is truly a blessing to us ALL! 

I was on 3rd row at Red Rocks...piano side...and was jumping up and SCREEEEEEAMMMMING with ovation after every single song~LOL!!! 

And remember Lisa blowing that HUUUUGE KISS over to the side at the end of the show??!!!  That was for MEEEEEE!!!  **giggle!**  And I TOTALLY CAUGHT IT, TOO~hehe!  Grin

BTW~I know you were explaining in your writing above...what you you looked like...and what you were wearing...to refresh Lisa's memory...but I promise you Lisa DID NOT FORGET you!!!  She has a memory like an ELEPHANT with the face of an ANGEL...and the patience of JOB...(especially when people fall all apart & totally lose composure & turn into a sobbing MESS when they meet her for the first time...**cough-cough/giggle!**)

Lisa remembers all of us who love her so much.  She reads all of these posts to her...and about her...

We are not just a "group of random fans" to her...We all have a name and a face...and a heart...and she is VERY AWARE!  She takes time...and makes room in her heart...to love all of us right back...in the best way that she can!

So don't ever think that you need to "explain" yourself to her to jog her memory!  And if you gave her something from YOUR heart~she will totally TAKE it...to HER heart as well.

**fans face...speaking w/southern drawl** "'Lawd have mercy...I do love that Lisa Kelly..."~hehe!

BTW...It's nice to meet you!  My name is Cindy...and I'm...a LISAHOLIC!!  **giggle!**

**hugs!**
Cindy Smiley

Lisaholicssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!<3 sorry, I wish I had been there... Wink
CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 08:10AM »

What a lovely message!!! Lisa is truely amazing and such a sweetheart!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 01:12AM »

And I am realizing this more and more everyday !!!

C S

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 04:14AM »

And I am realizing this more and more everyday !!!

C S

me too.... but... Is that even possible?? Cheesy
I read the whole story again. It's nice to read it every once in awhile, love it! Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: