Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: José Carreras Gala  (Read 36039 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2010, 01:22PM »

WOW!  Shocked She fits in Beautifully! Holy moly! Very nice video!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2010, 03:38PM »

I'm not sure if this has been posted already or if I'm posting it in the right spot lol but here it is!  It's LISA LAMBE singing with Celtic Womam!!!!!  "O Come All Ye Faithful" at the Jose Carreras Gala!!!  OMG she blends in SO WELL!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzaFtXpLMQ

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2010, 03:57PM »

Miss Lambe seems to know how to make a great first impression! WOW!

oh yeah, Lisa K, Chloe, and Mairead did ok too.  Cheesy

great work ladies!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Jennifer
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2010, 04:35PM »

I loved this video! Grin

Lisa L is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

I can't wait for April 23rd now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
yellow rose

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2010, 05:11PM »

very very nice and sooo glad that the fans in Europe have finally been able to see what us North American fans have seen!!!! Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy and i am soo happy to share them with everyone Cheesy!! Smiley Smiley Smiley. the new Lisa fits in just right and all seem very relaxed with each other! happy holidays everyone! Grin Grin
YR

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2010, 08:35PM »

Ok guys,

I've merged the two topics we managed to have going on over the gala and retitled the whole thing so that we're now all on the same page. I've also gone through and shrunk the huge pictures.

aislin
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:41PM by aislin » Logged
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2010, 10:29PM »

OMR!! That video was so awesome!! The new Lisa is so incredible!!! I can't wait until April!!! Thanks to all who posted the links!!
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2010, 08:18AM »

INCREDIBLE!!! WOW!!

All the ladies looked and sounded stunning. I loved the arrangement. Sent chills up my spine!

The camera certainly liked Chloe and Lisa L.! LOL

Yep, I think CW has a winner in Lisa Lambe.  Grin Grin Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Ruth
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2010, 06:02AM »

I love the final of the Gala, when all the guests come back to the stage and perform together - fröhliche Weihnacht überall - and our Ladys sang in German.....Chloe is greatful..... Cool
NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2010, 12:57PM »

I love the final of the Gala, when all the guests come back to the stage and perform together - fröhliche Weihnacht überall - and our Ladys sang in German.....Chloe is greatful..... Cool
is there a video of that?? i'd love to hear it

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2010, 01:03PM »

it's at the end of the video Maggie posted
http://mediathek.daserste.de/daserste/servlet/content/6087796?pageId=487910&moduleId=487904&categoryId=&goto=&show=

but you can't acutally hear them singing it... there are soooooo many people singing it and they are only shown for a short moment

NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2010, 01:13PM »

it's at the end of the video Maggie posted
http://mediathek.daserste.de/daserste/servlet/content/6087796?pageId=487910&moduleId=487904&categoryId=&goto=&show=

but you can't acutally hear them singing it... there are soooooo many people singing it and they are only shown for a short moment
lol thanks!! that was awesome Smiley they all looked like they were having so much fun

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
Maggie
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2010, 05:06PM »

it's at the end of the video Maggie posted but you can't acutally hear them singing it..
.... there are soooooo many people singing it and they are only shown for a short moment

It is the last 2 minutes of the Gala.
The carol "Froehliche Weihnachten ueberall" brings back happy memories for me.....

I was in Austria with my brother Terry on a skiing holiday....by the way, Christmas and New Year is a fabulous time
to be in Austria or Bavaria! We were staying in a typical Tyrolean hotel, warm and cosy.
Everybody in the hotel bar-restaurant was in a festive mood.
Sitting at our table were members of the German Youth Soccer Team.
Suddenly they put down their steins of beer and started to sing "Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht" (Silent Night} and everyone joined in, and we all held hands.....there must have been 6 different languages, people of many Nationalities all united in the magic of Christmas.
Then the German guys sang "Froehliche Weihnachten ueberall" which was very jolly and sounded great.
They taught me some of the words, but I know only enough German to get me through a skiing trip! Cheesy

This is where we were....Zell am Ziller in the Tyrol:

I think the most important part of the José Carreras Gala
was the incredible amount of money raised for his International Leukemia Foundation....almost 9 million dollars!
FANTASTIC! WELL DONE EVERYBODY WHO TOOK PART!

6,622,328.00 EURO = 8,724,335.05 USD

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:19PM by Maggie » Logged
YoungTwins

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 02:14AM »

They sounded great!

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
greenfire6
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2010, 09:29PM »

Arguably the most beautiful four minutes on youtube! EVER!  Shocked

I'm serious... that performance was incredible! I confess to watching and listening about 30 times (Mostly under my Bose headphones. Sweet!)

Everything is perfect. The arrangement, the ladies, the choir, the staging, the camera work...

Kudos to everyone involved!!! A special shout-out to Miss Lambe! WOW!!!!!!!

Long live Celtic Woman!!!! Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: