Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Tour Song Poll  (Read 14480 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47PM »

My Lagan Love'and 'Dulaman' wont be in the show, and they may even take out 'My Heart Was Home Again'.  I am curious to see what songs they add to the show since Lynns songs had to be taken out.
Tiffany's right. There is no solid basis for this statement.  It's all pure conjecture, and we'd rather not go there.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 07:08PM »

I hope they keep both Duliman and At the Ceili. It will be interesting to see how Lisa L does with them. She has that theatre experience, plus she seems a bit more, I dont know, active and flirty, than Meav and Lynn. The voice and stage presence just seem different. Lisa L's voice seems to jump out at you more. Of course the only knowledge I have of her are from those YouTube videos that people posted to forums. But the humor on these songs could be a bit more, how to say it, louder?, then the more subtle aspect from Meav and Lynn. Now dont go and get me wrong here, theres nothing wrong with Meav or Lynn. In fact some of the charm of it was due to Lynn's more quiet persona calling guys slimey seaweed. But I think we could see a difference with these songs and it could be interesting. So, they have to be kept in the show.

Go ahead and have some fun with this, folks. But don't for a moment delude yourselves that you're going to influence the song selection for the tour.   Cheesy
If they ever sing the Notre Dame fight song, I intend to take credit for influencing song selection  Cheesy   But, I am not going to hold my breath on that happening.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 07:44PM »

How do we know that Lynn's songs are being taken out? Where does it say that? When Meav left, Lynn took over her songs. In fact, if you want to get technical, Dulaman isn't actually a Lynn song. It's a Meav song.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 07:45PM »

How do we know that Lynn's songs are being taken out? Where does it say that? When Meav left, Lynn took over her songs. In fact, if you want to get technical, Dulaman isn't actually a Lynn song. It's a Meav song.
My thoughts exactly.

We all thought that when Alex left all those songs would be taken but yet they still remain in the show.

MaryNorth93
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 07:36AM »

Well, I don't think I can complain much since I will see CW next year for the first time  Cheesy But I went with Fields of Gold and Galway Bay. Honestly, I never cared that much for When You Believe and the group's Danny Boy. And You Raise Me Up is a song I prefer with the old group's harmony, although I like the added verse.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:38AM by MaryN. » Logged
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 09:40AM »

Well, I don't think I can complain much since I will see CW next year for the first time  Cheesy But I went with Fields of Gold and Galway Bay. Honestly, I never cared that much for When You Believe and the group's Danny Boy. And You Raise Me Up is a song I prefer with the old group's harmony, although I like the added verse.
It'll also be my first concert! But from the Powerscourt dvd, I went with WYB cause Chloe was just so dang good on that one, Galway Bay because it was the first time we got to see Chloe singing solo on a truly Irish song, and Danny Boy because I love the 4-part a cappella version of it and, from what I understand, Mairead is now in it!
Hayley&LisaKFanatic
Bodhrán Player

I'm Lisa K and Hayley's #1 fan!!

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59AM »

I picked When you Believe, You Raise Me Up, and Fields of Gold Cheesy I love When you Believe and You Riase Me Up is awesome!!! Of course Fields of Gold has Lisa K.  Roll Eyes

Thanks Michaela  ^^
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"- Whinney The Poo
I have OCCWD and OCLK&HWD
April 5th 2011 Cheesy Cheesy
Una Pedrischi is the best choir member!!
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 08:56PM »

Well, if you look at it in the IOH tour Lynn Carolina Rua which is one of "Her" sones so Lisa Lambe might get Dulaman and one of "her" songs if you get what I mean

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 06:11AM »

That could be great if The Soft Goodbye back on the set list (Even If I know it will not happen), Lisa Lambe can take the part of Meav.. I'm sure she will do an amazing job like O Come All Ye Faithful'.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Breno

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 01:50PM »

That could be great if The Soft Goodbye back on the set list (Even If I know it will not happen), Lisa Lambe can take the part of Meav.. I'm sure she will do an amazing job like O Come All Ye Faithful'.

I agree!
Breno

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 02:46PM »

In fact, if you want to get technical, Dulaman isn't actually a Lynn song. It's a Meav song.

Well, Dulaman is originally a solo of Meav. How long did she sing it? 4 months?
Lynn sang it for 3 years and a half. I think that Dulaman is much more a solo of Lynn than Méav's...
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 03:24PM »

In fact, if you want to get technical, Dulaman isn't actually a Lynn song. It's a Meav song.

Lynn sang it for 3 years and a half. I think that Dulaman is much more a solo of Lynn than Méav's...

Regardless, it was still Meav's song to BEGIN with. She is the one who originally sang it. Wink

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Breno

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 05:20PM »

Regardless, it was still Meav's song to BEGIN with. She is the one who originally sang it. Wink

Yeah, I got it. I just expressed this feeling concerned to Dulaman. This song to me will always be more like Lynn than Méav, but this is just a personal opinion.  Lips sealed
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 09:58AM »

I'd have to say Fields Of Gold... I'll be going to my 3rd and 4th concerts this spring, and I loooooove Fields Of Gold!!  Anything Lisa sings live is just enchanting!!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 11:42AM »

Meav has sang it at pretty much all her solo concerts so it's more than 4 months, just being technical  Wink

Personally I don't go with the whole "so-in-so owns this song"

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: