Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rockport pictures  (Read 6316 times)
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« on: December 12, 2010, 11:42AM »

Here are some pictures from Rockport.  Click on the small image to see a larger one.

First, here are some views of the shops and harbor.  The red fishing shack is called Motif No. 1 and is billed as the most painted building in the world.  Notice King Seagull on the chimney, overlooking his domain with his minions hard at work on the roof.

Here is the exterior of the venue.  It is a brand new facility and more information is available here.

I made arrangements with personnel from the venue to take pictures of the interior during daylight.  A big Thank You goes out to Tony and Karen; they have a facility that they can be truly proud of.  Here are pictures of the floor seats, from the side balcony and from the stage.  The combination of the lovely hardwood flooring, the stone veneer around the perimeter, the open timber framing, and the cloth seating provides amazing acoustics.  Someone talking on stage in a normal voice can be heard clearly in the balcony.

One of the most impressive features of the Shalin Liu Performance Center is that the back of the building is right on the ocean.  The designers took advantage of that and the rear of the stage is a giant picture window.  There are pocket doors which can be opened or closed depending on the need.  They were closed for Órla's show, partly because it was dark and partly because the glass affected the acoustics.  Here are views of the stage with the doors closed and open.  The bright light from the outside affects the camera and makes the outside appear overexposed.

Here is the view through the picture window, from the left and right side of the stage.

The sight and sound was so amazing during the show that I didn't take very many pictures.  Here are just a couple from the second act.

And finally, the obligatory group photo.  From left to right: Casey, some random Irish singer Smiley, me, John, Dan, Bruce, Kathy, Joe, Amberly, and Kate.

Mike

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:58AM »

Where's Orlagh's left leg? Cheesy  Great to see a group shot with Dan and Amberly.  Outstanding venue!  Shocked

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 12:01PM »

Where's Orlagh's left leg? Cheesy
In honor of being on the ocean she removed her pegleg!  Grin

Mike

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:02PM »

Where's Orlagh's left leg? Cheesy
In honor of being on the ocean she removed her pegleg!  Grin

I'll buy that  Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 12:03PM »

Where's Orlagh's left leg? Cheesy  Great to see a group shot with Dan and Amberly.  Outstanding venue!  Shocked

That made me laugh because I noticed the same thing!  Grin  Beautiful venue!  Thanks for sharing the photos! Smiley

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 12:07PM »

Loved the photos!! And it looks like Orla doesn't have any legs in the piccie!!

Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:38PM »

great pictures Mike! Thanks for sharing them.

Kelly
Tom~Tom

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 12:51PM »

Just her flamingo impression.  Wink Thanks for sharing the pix, Mike. Nice!

Tom~Tom
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 08:00PM »

As usual, FANTASTIC pictures, Mike!  Rockport looks like a really neat New England town.

As for Orlagh's missing leg....." As I said to my friend with the wooden leg, "Peg" I says..... LOL!!

Thanks for the pics, Mike!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 10:53PM »

Awesome pictures!  That venue does look awesome!!  Thank you for sharing!! 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
greenfire6
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 11:54PM »

Super pictures Mike! Thanks for passing them around.

The gorgeous venue looks like "boathouse" architecture (very similair to The Boathouse Theatre in South Lake Tahoe, CA, USA).

I suppose, at the time of the photo, Órla has been on her high heeled feet for many hours. Maybe she is stretching her left leg back (I pray it's nothing to do with her recent, minor, knee injury Cry).

On the other hand maybe Órla is just having some fun with the camera and all of us!!!! Cheesy

Either way... Oh! But for a thimblefull of Órla's energy! Smiley
cjensen

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 12:24AM »

Mike, thanks for the great pics!
Great Orlagh reunion we had there in Rockport!

- Joe
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 09:51AM »

Awesome piccies Mike! Thanks for sharing!
LisaKholic

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 05:32PM »

Great pictures!

Thanks Bluefire ^^
Lisaaaaa Kelly!!!<3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: