Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Méav to me is...  (Read 34421 times)
Elizabeth

« on: March 31, 2007, 04:49PM »

A glimpse of Heaven!!  A voice that sends the spirit soaring, and the very picture of grace and elegance, poise and beauty. I have always felt that Méav was like a combination of Jackie Kennedy, Princess Di and Princess Grace all rolled into one. It's not something she strives to do, it's just something that the good Lord put within her.

Quite an extraordinary woman.

Elizabeth xo

MEAV:  FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS A CELTIC WOMAN
Marie-France
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 12:39AM »

Like the Moon...
She brings forth inspiration and light...

Marie Smiley
CelticMelody

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:51AM »

I agree!!! I love Meav!!
fireyred09
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 01:13PM »

Meav is the vision of class, poise, kind-heartedness, and beauty all combined into one lovely human being.
Kelsey

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 04:10PM »

Meav is perfection.  Absolute perfection.

JEdwards
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 04:22PM »

The Chief Assassin!

Let me explain: I have been a ghost haunting the various incarnations of the Forum since mid-December when the Fair Ladies of Celtic Woman first killed me softly with their songs. Each lady lent a special, delicate hand in my happy demise, but aMeaving Meav dealt the "death blow." Her weapon of choice: the most soul-stirring, heart-bracing, spirit-lifting voice my jaded ears have ever had the pleasure to know. Complementing that: more class, charisma, charm, elegance and grace than one human should reasonably be expected to carry. Add to that a blindingly brilliant smile and magnetism the poles north and south might envy, and yes, I was easy, willing pickings.

The good news: since then she has become like a guardian musical angel, brightening at least some part of each day since. Her songs and her music provide peace, comfort and beauty; they soothe me when I'm troubled; yes, "raise me up" when I'm down, cheer me when I'm blue. Meav to me is a true, one-of-kind gift from God. Not wanting to sound irreverent, but I must applaud our God's generosity. Had I created her, I'd be very tempted to keep her for myself.  Grin
angelicgirl

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 04:55PM »

Yeah, I agree! She has such a beautiful and truly amazing voice and range too! She does a great job on all her songs but my faves are:
                .Si do mhaimeo
                .She moved through the fair
                .Danny Boy
                .The last rose of summer
                and Dulaman.
          I really love "Dulaman" and "She moved through the fair"
        She does such a wonderful job on them especially since their irish gaelic songs which is just amazing to hear! She is awesome!
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 06:27PM »

Méav is a breathe of fresh air, with each note she sings it lifts you up to the heavens. I <3 her! <3 Lauren
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:16PM by <3 Lauren » Logged

<3
fireyred09
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 07:35PM »

I have been a ghost haunting the various incarnations of the Forum since mid-December when the Fair Ladies of Celtic Woman first killed me softly with their songs.

Have you posted that somewhere before, John? I remember thinking that line of yours that I quoted was hysterically clever! Maybe I just read it here and forgot...

By the way, I very much enjoyed reading your Meav fan of the month article! It was very well-written!
fireyred09
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 08:38AM »

I've come to the conclusion that to me, Méav is my hero.
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 12:10PM »

uplifting, inspiring, funny. 

Her voice soars like the wind, taking us on a wonderful journey of flight, and lands us safely home.

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 12:57PM »

ameaving!!!!! She is an amazing classical singer with a voice as sweet as honey!!!

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 07:25PM »

Hey Guys!   
     I just got done listening to Méav on a radio interview. Whew. That woman is ameaving. She just opened so many doors to so many new things for me. Music : Nick Drake, Sarah Vaughan, Nina Simone. I was listening the samples of their music, and i Love it! Especially Sarah Vaughan. You should all check her out!

<33 Lauren  Wink

<3
Kelsey

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 04:53PM »

Hey Guys!   
     I just got done listening to Méav on a radio interview. Whew. That woman is ameaving. She just opened so many doors to so many new things for me. Music : Nick Drake, Sarah Vaughan, Nina Simone. I was listening the samples of their music, and i Love it! Especially Sarah Vaughan. You should all check her out!

<33 Lauren  Wink

Hey Lauren......what radio interview did you listen to?  I think that all of the radio interviews are amazing!

About the music Meav likes....I think it is so great to get to know what music Meav listens to because I respect her so much as a singer that I really enjoy getting to find who she enjoys for music.

<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 07:33PM »

you can find the interview I'm talking about on Maire-France's website!

www.celticmeav.com   Just enter the site and it is first on the list Wink

<3 Lauren

<3
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: