Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Rose of Summer  (Read 19754 times)
DwarfMaster

« on: December 16, 2010, 01:27PM »

Does anybody know who arranged the Last Rose of Summer on A New Journey?  Huh

"I don't know half of you half as well as I would like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins from Lord of The Rings
DwarfMaster

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 03:34PM »

David Downes, I figured out.

Moderator can delete this or whatever.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I would like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins from Lord of The Rings
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 06:40PM »

A better pair to perform this duet does not exist... With all due respect to the others Hayley and Meav were perfect for this one.

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:43AM »

Yeah, Hayley and Meav did it best but when they left Chloe and Lynn did a very good job.  It just shows the talent and versatility that all the present and former CW members have.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:56PM »

I can't argue with that.  Smiley

Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 03:38AM »

Yeah, Hayley and Meav did it best but when they left Chloe and Lynn did a very good job.  It just shows the talent and versatility that all the present and former CW members have.
It's a rare group that can lose that much beauty, vocal power and sheer class without breaking up. I've often said that CW is like Doctor Who. Whatever happens to him, he just regenerates. Maybe CW really will eventually play the Apollo Theater in the Sea of Tranquility.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 10:54AM »

I found a Hayley Westenra post-CW solo version of this song, and I like it better. That lyric, about loneliness, really doesn't make a good duet. Dammit, now I have a case of tune-in-my-head, with a song that does not go well with chronic depression. My previous tune-in-the-head was "Mo Ghile Mear", which was just fine. but I have to get rid of this one fast. A few Lisa Kelly solos plus "Teir Abhaile Riu" and "The World Falls Away" ought to do it.

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 09:40PM »

I found a Hayley Westenra post-CW solo version of this song, and I like it better. That lyric, about loneliness, really doesn't make a good duet. Dammit, now I have a case of tune-in-my-head, with a song that does not go well with chronic depression. My previous tune-in-the-head was "Mo Ghile Mear", which was just fine. but I have to get rid of this one fast. A few Lisa Kelly solos plus "Teir Abhaile Riu" and "The World Falls Away" ought to do it.
  .... or for me...   a  Meavian   "Dulaman".   ALWAYS   raises my spirits.   Cheesy 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: