Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why my favorite is going to lose in the IMA voting  (Read 3843 times)
paladin

« on: January 11, 2011, 04:30PM »

To find out why I say that many of this forums favorites are going to lose let me show you how to figure votes.  The Free Section will equal only 50% of the over all vote.  The Paid Section will make up the other 50%.

Here is are made up catagorie.
Catagorie: I am the Best Singer

There have been 1000 votes cast in the free Section over all.

Singer X has received 520
Singer Z has received 480

In the Paid Section there have been 50 votes cast total. To get how much each votes is worth divide 1000 by 50 this equals 20.  So each vote in the paid section equals 20.

Singer X received 20 paid votes
Singer Z received 30 paid votes

To figure the paid votes Singer X  20 x 20 = 400 votes adjusted.
Singer Z has 30 x 20 = 600 votes adjusted.

When the votes are combind
Singer X received a total of 920 votes free and paid.
Singer Z received a total of 1080 votes free and paid singer Z wins.

Now you can go to the IMA and work out where the individuals stand.  
In one catagorie the third place individual is actually the one in the lead over all and the first and second place are behind..
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:24PM »

A dramatic example from Paladin of why votes are desparately needed in the Paid Member section, which costs only $15 to join and vote in addition to the vote you have cast in the free public voting section! 

All who truly care about the outcome of these awards for our Celtic Woman nominees should go the extra step to join and vote in the paid member category: and we have only until Wednesday January 12 3 p.m CT/4 p.m. ET to cast our votes!!    Shocked Shocked Shocked

KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:02AM »

Excellent point. I just did the math for Lisa Kelly's category and it is an extremely close race between her and Mary Black. I'm going to check it again tomorrow afternoon and if it's still really close I'm going to join and vote as a paid member. If a few others do the same we should be able to clinch it for her. C'mon LK fans, lets get the win for our favorite celtic woman.

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
paladin

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 09:29AM »

ALERT!!!

At 08:26 am MT 01/12/11 Orlagh is behind in combind votes by 49.1 votes   and paid votes by 5 Orlagh needs at least 5 paid votes to win!!! at this time.  More is better.

Orlagh Will not be able to win without the paid votes..  The free votes raise how much the paid votes are worth so it will take a hugh number to win.
At this time I believe that unless there are more paid votes Orlagh will not win the Best CD the free votes for votes for Mr. Mc Sherry also keep coming in.  The only way I can see her winning is if she ties in the paid vote or pulls ahead in the paid vote.  I see no way at this time for her to win with just free votes.

Please get out and Vote !!!! do not stop working until the Fat lady sings. It's mot over yet.

paladin

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 02:10PM »

Come on get out and Vote in the IMA there is one hour left!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: