Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Heart Was Home Again  (Read 12524 times)
LisaKholic

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 01:31PM »

This was definitely one of the highlights for me.

Definitley!

Thanks Bluefire ^^
Lisaaaaa Kelly!!!<3
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 08:32PM »

I haven't heard the Lynn/Lisa duet (though I REALLY want to), I've heard Alex sing it in Seattle. It was one of my favorite performances of the night. Alex's voice was sounded extra great that night, and she was wonderful!
I would love for it to be recorded!
When did you hear them in Seattle? That's where I heard it, too! Unfortunately, Alex was feeling "a little under the weather", but she still sounded amazing!
I heard it on Wednesday the 12th. If she was under the weather that night, she sure fooled me!
Of last year? In May? I think I was there the same night! I could hear a slight difference on "You'll be in My Heart", but only because she said she was feeling under the weather and I was listening for a mistake as proof they were really singing! I know that sounds bad, but I know multiple people who can't believe they really sing and play that amazing! (I'm not among them) And like I said, She still sounded amazing!

Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 07:12AM »

I haven't heard the Lynn/Lisa duet (though I REALLY want to), I've heard Alex sing it in Seattle. It was one of my favorite performances of the night. Alex's voice was sounded extra great that night, and she was wonderful!
When did you hear them in Seattle? That's where I heard it, too! Unfortunately, Alex was feeling "a little under the weather", but she still sounded amazing!
I heard it on Wednesday the 12th. If she was under the weather that night, she sure fooled me!
Of last year? In May? I think I was there the same night! I could hear a slight difference on "You'll be in My Heart", but only because she said she was feeling under the weather and I was listening for a mistake as proof they were really singing! I know that sounds bad, but I know multiple people who can't believe they really sing and play that amazing! (I'm not among them) And like I said, She still sounded amazing!
Even if she was under the weather she would always sound great!

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 02:06PM »

Yes, I was there that night, and I heard a slight sdifference in you'll be in my heart as well, but my heart was home again sounding amazing

jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 11:37PM »

Things are getting a little of topic with if Alex had or cold or not.  Smiley

I have to say My Heart Was Home Again is one of my favorite songs. It is so beautiful. Smiley Smiley
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 06:34AM »

I heard this song for the first time last night and I love it...beautiful song. Smiley

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 10:21AM »

Yes, I was there that night, and I heard a slight sdifference in you'll be in my heart as well, but my heart was home again sounding amazing
I just figured it out! I was there the night before. I want to hear her sing this song again!

hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 12:24AM »

cant find lyrics 4 it anyplace

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 05:29AM »

For you Hayley Cheesy

The Lyrics

My Heart Was Home Again

So it goes, history shows
Deserts must expand
And camels sail like wooden ships
Like women on the strand

There's sand on Second Avenue
And the wind blows like a train
Taxis light up like a string of pearls
Around the block again

And I remembered everything
And every windowpane
Every word came back to me
The way it used to be

Then I saw your face across the street
And my heart was home again

There's a bus that leaves at eight fifteen
And another one at ten
Should I climb aboard, risk everything
And ride it to the end

Watch the hills like roller coasters
Up against the sky
And wish that you were here by me
So close that I could die

You said love wrecks everything
And none of us survive
So I got over you last night
And I am still alive

And every windowpane
The way it used to be

And my heart was home again.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 09:25AM »

For you Hayley Cheesy

The Lyrics

My Heart Was Home Again

So it goes, history shows
Deserts must expand
And camels sail like wooden ships
Like women on the strand

There's sand on Second Avenue
And the wind blows like a train
Taxis light up like a string of pearls
Around the block again

And every windowpane
The way it used to be

There's a bus that leaves at eight fifteen
And another one at ten
Should I climb aboard, risk everything
And ride it to the end

Watch the hills like roller coasters
Up against the sky
And wish that you were here by me
So close that I could die

You said love wrecks everything
And none of us survive
So I got over you last night
And I am still alive

And every windowpane
The way it used to be

And my heart was home again.

Thank you SOOOOOOO much!!!! Cheesy *huggies!* you're my lifesaver lol!

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 02:09PM »

I heard Alex sing it and Lisa and Lisa sing it. I wish I had heard the Lisa/Lynn version

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 03:36AM »

Wink I am so glad someone posted the LYRICS..as  I never really listened to them...Jus the refrain...what an
    incredible set of words...in just a few short stanzas to encompass all that emotions without being too
    syrupy....setting the scene...taxis like a string of pearls...this is POETRY month...surely song lyrics are
   poetry of the heart...great song...but I still feel a pain in my heart Cry when I know Alex Sharpe is not going to be on stage
   with that beautiful, expressive voice of hers singing for us...she had other plans so we have had to accept it...hard
   as it is...Hopefully, she is preparing an album in a studio somehere...

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
KelticKraze

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 09:21AM »

I heard Alex sing it and Lisa and Lisa sing it. I wish I had heard the Lisa/Lynn version

I heard all three and all are wonderful. I especially like Lynn's voice. It is soft and peaceful.

KC
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: