Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random thoughts regarding Lynn  (Read 16808 times)
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« on: August 20, 2007, 11:03AM »

So last night was a thoughtful night for me.  It actually began as me thinking about Méav and wondering if she's read some of these messages on the CWForum and if she knows how much we really love her.

But then I thought of this from a different angle... is Lynn reading this forum as well?  I wonder what she thinks!  Can you just imagine being in her shoes?  Surely none of us know what she's stepping in to.  Even the original five members of Celtic Woman had a different experience (ha, ha, just one night they told them!!).  Lynn steps into a full-fledged phenomenon. 

I don't know anything really about Anuna (except they graduate some FANTASTIC singers!!!!) or their shows.  Do their fans get as "into" their shows as a typical Celtic Woman audience?  What do you suppose Lynn will think internally the first time she sees a group of forum members doing the Orinoco Wave right back?  Cheesy  Heck, maybe she'll even be surprised we've named all the "moves" we could think of!   

I would think this could all easily be overwhelming to someone, and I kinda feel some empathy for her a bit!  On the other hand, what a fantastic opportunity for her!  She's just gotten a HUGE fan base of people behind her and supporting her.  Yes, we get a little overboard sometimes, but I think it's safe to say we all appreciate the music of Celtic Woman or we wouldn't be here.

If my impressions of Lisa are correct, I imagine she'll be trying her best to help Lynn with this transition.  Lisa's got such a huge maternal side, I think she'll be sticking close to Lynn and offering whatever advice she can to help in her adjustment (and I suspect that advice might just get humorous at times!!).  I know the other CW ladies, and Rachel too, will be doing what they can to smooth this transition for her as well.

I wish you the best, Lynn, and Wow this next year for you is going to be nothing short of monumental!!!

Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 11:19AM »

I think you make some great observations,Kelli. I am sure that the girls will make an extra effort to make her feel welcome - they are pros and ,at one time or another, they were probably in a similar situation. Plus, they are just good,caring individuals. In addition, Lynn will have our support . So the transition should go smoothlu for all.

Susan

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:21AM »

Well, I think to myself this:

Lynn Hilary can handle the tour to get Meav's songs shared. She's determined to be with Chloe, Lisa, Mairead and Orla to finish up the tour if she asks them to. Roll Eyes Wink Wink Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 02:50PM »

Kelli, I have also been thinking about Lynn and her basically being the New girl on the block.  I really think the other girls will inform Lynn of all of the Fan antics at shows, such as the moves, wiggles (Cheesy), singing or lip syncing to ALL the songs, and just the interaction with the audience that we so love!.  I for one will be making sure Lynn gets a warm welcome at Ft. Myers, WPB, Akron, and St. Paul  Smiley

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 04:06PM »

Remember that Lisa and Lynn have worked together with Lynn as the lead singer. Maybe they will keep some of it quiet so that we don't scare Lynn in to running away. The way I see it, if Hayley had been scared of us, she would have had her Maori friends some to a venue and TRY to scare us. Wouldn't have worked tho, we is cwazy.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:09PM »

Wouldn't have worked tho, we is cwazy.

Off topic.  Sowwy.   Sad

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 05:08PM »

I have a good feeling about Lynn. I don't know why, as there is no logical explaination for it. I haven't even heard any songs from her yet. Its like....she is the one to bring balance to the force......or, ..eh...music I mean. OK all Stars Wars geek analogy aside, something just feels right about this. Only downside is the lose of Meav. Which is sad.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 05:12PM »

Oh, cheer up, Cash, I think I'll hold you close to help you think of both of them and make you feel better.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
mpdallen

Integrity

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 08:15PM »

Kelli,
As usual, your insights make me believe that all you have related are true. I do believe Meav has read all that has been written about her. I also believe that Lynn has been reading what the members of the Forum are wondering about her and saying about her. And I believe both of these Ladies will be well pleased.

Meav will know how much we love her and will miss her; and Lynn will find that some of us don`t know much about her, but we will accept her as a regular member of Celtic Woman, and will learn to love her. Then she will learn as we get to know her better that this Forum family will accept her with all the love we give to all the other Ladies of Celtic Woman.

I am looking forward to seeing and hearing this beautiful Lady sing; her songs, as well as singing and interacting with the other Ladies. With her previous experience and ability, it will be a smooth transition I have no doubt.

Lynn, you belong with Celtic Woman.

Jim

If you promise to send me a song
greenfire6
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 07:47AM »

Chalk this up as random, no rampant speculation but I can’t help but think it is close to the truth:

Important decisions don’t happen quickly- especially in a well run organization. I have no doubt the organizers have known of Ms. Ni Mhaolchatha’s desire for some time. Neither has the decision to go forward with Ms. Hilary been rushed, I’m sure.

This possibility puts an extra special light on the interaction and emotion that member Kelli observed and described so eloquently in her Red Rocks Concert report. I now believe that all the lassies knew then what we all know now- those two nights were likely the last stage the “original five” would share together under the unique Celtic Woman “aurora”.

Speculation with hindsight is volatile but I now think this is what the tears, quivering lips and voices were all about. I’m get’n teary just contemplating the possibility!

On a lighter note I believe the whole company had the last laugh. They made Meav do both nights of Meet and Greet because she was the short timer! Ha-ha! And Orla did both nights because, well, she’s Orla- heart of purest gold!
KiernanKate
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 07:49AM »

lol ok I agree with you about Orlagh .....

but what do you mean by short timer?
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 07:55AM »

[O/T]
"Short timer" is a military expression for someone whose enlistment is almost finished.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 08:14AM »

Quote from: Méav_Órlagh_Fan on Today at 06:49:55 AM

[O/T]
"Short timer" is a military expression for someone whose enlistment is almost finished

Or they are and changing duty assignments. In this case I see Meav transfering to another duty station ( Solo career and home) while Lynn is transfering in. We give Meav a Sayanora party and welcome Lynn with open arms.

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
KiernanKate
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 08:19AM »

thanks..... good thing we have two wise men on the forum  Cheesy

(just teasing)
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 08:25AM »

good thing we have two wise men on the forum 

Wise men? : looks around: Who? We are just two old soldiers.

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: