Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random thoughts regarding Lynn  (Read 16805 times)
KiernanKate
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 08:30AM »

well, I was going to say old bums or old farts or something but I thought I might end up on Richards black list if I did that  Cheesy
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 11:06AM »

On a lighter note I believe the whole company had the last laugh. They made Meav do both nights of Meet and Greet because she was the short timer! Ha-ha! And Orla did both nights because, well, she’s Orla- heart of purest gold!

It occurred to me after both Meet and Greets that I should have asked one of them how they drew the short straw to have to meet us twice in a row!  Wink  And actually, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe Méav and Órlagh also did the M&G right before Red Rocks.

I can't begin to describe how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to meet them both.  Particularly now that Méav has altered her career path...the chance to actually thank her in person and to hear directly from her, with a conviction that was undoubtedly genuine, how much her fans mean to her; it was simply priceless!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you Mike!!!

The funny thing (or rather, one of them) was that when I went up to Órlagh the second night and she said, "Ah I'm sorry you're stuck with Méav and I again tonight!"  I just about responded, "But that's my line!!!"

Thank you, greenfire6, for your kind comments about my RR Report...it's good to hear!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 11:30AM »

The funny thing (or rather, one of them) was that when I went up to Órlagh the second night and she said, "Ah I'm sorry you're stuck with Méav and I again tonight!"  I just about responded, "But that's my line!!!"
That's exactly what I said to Lisa in Chicago!  She grabbed my hand and told me how great it was to finally meet me!  I said, "Wait a minute, here.  That's MY line!"   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 11:35AM »

That's exactly what I said to Lisa in Chicago!  She grabbed my hand and told me how great it was to finally meet me!  I said, "Wait a minute, here.  That's MY line!"   Cheesy

Uh oh Rich...am I to understand we sometimes think alike?  Um, let me get back to you on how I feel about that, 'K?  (and of course, I'm kidding, I adore you!)

And I'm always, still, amazed at how wonderful of a person our Lisa is...she's just incredible!!!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
anunafan

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 11:37AM »

Hey Kelli,

I read your post and thought I might be able to give you some answers about the "Anúna community" (which DOES indeed exist)

Well, to start with - I personally LOVE Anuna very much Cheesy. Actually I've just joined this forum here a few mins ago, and I only joined because know Lynn joined the show - in fact I don't know much about the show yet.

You can't really compare an Anuna show with a Celtic Woman show, I think, simply because what Anuna do is COMPLETELY different. While they sometimes do gigs in larger concert halls,the usual venues they perform in are churches and cathedrals (that's the best enviroment to see them perform in my opinion).

The venue usually is mainly lit by candlelight and the choir use the entire church for their performances, the singers moving all over the place during the songs. It happens that you have a singer standing RIGHT next to you during a song (and they do have strong voices!). What's so special about Anúna gigs is this feeling of intimacy and closeness. And the singers are able to get that feeling across to the audience whereever they perform.

Considering that the venues are churches, we fans aren't  really getting too loud usually (though we CAN get loud, too. believe me!). But we know when to start applauding frenetically, as opposed to the rest of the audience, who simply sometimes don't "get" the right moment. And Anuna interact with us "regulars" from onstage - just as the ladies do with you, I suppose. We know when they change some parts of a song - which they sometimes do just for our delight.  I think the most important thing is that we're actually able to say whether it was a good show or not - and tell them honestly.

There are quite a few people who get as much "into"  Anuna's shows and music as you can! Cheesy
We have been following Anúna around the world and back for years.
I'm from Germany, and have been going to gigs for 8 years now, and there is no end to be seen. Anuna are a great bunch of people and some gigs are more like a "family gathering" than a concert.  They make everybody feel welcome - at least I made that experience when I first met Anuna and that's one reason why I love them.

As for Lynn knowing what she's stepping into. I suppose she has a slight idea of what's it like, as she was a Riverdance lead singer for quite a while. Wink
I wish her the very best for CW, and will miss her loads!  I know she'll get on fine though and  I hope she will still continue performing with Anuna as much as her schedule allows her to, just as she did while she was in Riverdance.

If I come to see the show it'll be only for you, Lynn  Kiss Kiss

Well, Kelli I hope I managed to make you curious to see Anuna perform too. They will be touring the USA from Oct. to Dec.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 11:39AM »

(and of course, I'm kidding, I adore you!)

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 11:47AM »

Well, Kelli I hope I managed to make you curious to see Anuna perform too. They will be touring the USA from Oct. to Dec.
That, my friends, came from a lady who knows what she's talking about.  "Anunafan" is one of Anuna's biggest supporters, and a frequent contributor on the Anuna Forum.  Welcome to our site!

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 11:48AM »

Hey Kelli,

Thank you, thank you anunafan!  I was hoping someone would talk about what a typical Anuna gig is like.  I absolutely love the idea of a candlelit church...WOW!  I think I'll have to go check out their tour schedule.  I can always use more culture in my life.  I think it's great that Anuna has their "regulars" as well and the performers interact with them.  When you love a group so much, it takes the enjoyment of the performance up soooo many notches to have personal interaction.

Hopefully at my first Anuna performance I can figure out who the regulars are so I'll know when to applaud at the right time (I certainly wouldn't want to be the Anuna version of a lump of an audience member!)

Again, thank you for your insights.  I think Lynn coming to Celtic Woman is going to be a great thing for both "groups" of fans...we're definitely learning more about Anuna and maybe we can see some Anuna fans at a CW show in the future!

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 11:52AM »

My goodness, anunafan, I got so excited about responding to your post that I completely forgot to welcome you to the forum!  I hope to see you post more!

anunafan

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 12:27PM »

Hopefully at my first Anuna performance I can figure out who the regulars are so I'll know when to applaud at the right time (I certainly wouldn't want to be the Anuna version of a lump of an audience member!)

Oh, you will notice them alright, they usually block the first rows and heckle all the time - or maybe the heckling is just me.... ? Ahem.... Grin

Of course only in those moments when I'm not trembling all over cause of their singing *adding this just in case any Anuna member might read this.*

Thanks for the welcome! Wait till I really start talking about Anuna, you'll ask me to stop soon! He, he

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 12:45PM »

I promise I won't ask you to stop!  How many songs do they typically do in a show?  You say the singers move all over the place during shows...is it choreographed as CW shows are (obviously they change little things each performance, but there are strong similarities with CW shows from night to night) or is it random movements by the performers?  Do they always wear the black robes I've seen the photos of?  And finally, I'd love to hear about the song selections...is it all vocal or are there any instrumental pieces?  Are they mostly slow-paced airs...or is there a faster paced song thrown in as well?

anunafan

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 12:48PM »

That, my friends, came from a lady who knows what she's talking about.  "Anunafan" is one of Anuna's biggest supporters, and a frequent contributor on the Anuna Forum.  Welcome to our site!

Thanks (again) for the welcome!
Mention my name to Lynn, and she'll probably say : Oh my God!  And I thought I'd finally got rid of her!!  Grin

And now  I better return to Anuna for the moment.....

See you here or there!
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 01:06PM »

Anunafan, welcome to the forum

I recently DVR'd Anuna on PBS and the show was filmed in Cleveland.  I loved the performance.

I believe that Anuna has a signing in Phoenix today at a Borders bookstore, ask Dwight, he will be there.

I missed them by one day as I just returned from Phoenix last night.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 06:08PM »

I watched the 8 minute long Special Olympics Opening performance with Lynn/Riverdance/Lisa and it was simply amazing!! Since then, I've watched it numerous, numerous times and I am just as amazed at the incredible talent the 100th time as I was the 1st time. This is what it's all about. The music. The voices. The dances. The unbelievable talent. The heart that goes into these performances blows me away. I love it. It appears, I can't get enough.

Wonderful performance Lynn, just wonderful.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
greenfire6
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 09:19AM »

Thanks Anunafan for coming in and telling us about Anuna.

Having only seen them on TV a couple of times I would very much like to attend an Anuna performance someday. Currently I have their aforementioned “Celtic Origins” performance from a cathedral in Cleveland captured on my TV hard drive. (I think that’s permitted, far be it from me to knowingly steal anything- especially from Celtic music artist!).

For those that have never heard and/or seen Anuna, let me add they perform their music very beautiful and very unique in what I would term a formal presentation. But this doesn’t mean they don’t have a lot of fun! Quite a variety of songs too, Irish, Scottish, English and Latin done as solos, men only, women only and combinations of everybody. Lots of string music but very little percussion sounds to my knowledge. In the Cleveland performance they do some very enjoyable Scottish “mouth music”. The technical term escapes me but they also do another Scottish form were the singers voices are all over the place in chaos. It really sounds wonderful as they slowly walk amongst the audience each carrying a burning candle.

A special treat for me is; guess who is with them in Cleveland on her big, dreadnaught Concert Harp? None other than Andreja Malir! She is soooo cool! Also there is a very beautiful lady named Linda who pulls lead violin duty. I wish I new more of her.

The ladies do remove their long black cloaks for many numbers. Their long dresses are either black or a dark maroon and have a very retro, Middle Ages look. Some of the ladies wear their hair very long. I mean seriously long and it looks like it’s really their hair. All this and the white blouse and black vest the men wear is important to the whole portrayal of their music. In the Cleveland performance Linda wears a gorgeous and very colorful gown that is a delightful contrast to the dark dresses of the other ladies.

Well, this is some of the Anuna slide show in my mind put down in words. Anunafan please correct where I am in error.

My understanding is Anuna has been in existence since about 1986. 20 plus years of audiences can’t be wrong!

Ms Hilary’s 5 years with them is significant indeed!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: