Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just the Facts Ma'm  (Read 27800 times)
KiernanKate
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 08:41AM »

(I have to almost press my ear to the speaker to hear her at times with my good ear)

lol zankoku, Im partially deaf in my right ear ...... I have a hard time to with soft voices.... which is actually ironic too, because I myself have one. (unless Im laying down the law at a babysitting job or with my nephews)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 08:46AM »

She has a split personality?
[O/T]
Oh, no.  Maggie/Rua is one of the most consistent people I know.  She has very high principles and will NOT compromise them.  If you don't really want to know how she feels about something, don't ask!

Back to Lynn Hilary...............   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Maggie
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 09:36AM »

She has a split personality?
[O/T]
Oh, no.  Maggie/Rua is one of the most consistent people I know.  She has very high principles and will NOT compromise them.  If you don't really want to know how she feels about something, don't ask!

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Grin
No I don't have a split personality......I am a redhead....rua is Irish for red.....

My granddad was a Ryan in North Tipperary. That's like being a Jones in Wales.
In that part of the Country, you will see Ryan above most of the Pubs and stores.
There are so many Ryan families that you have to have a nickname.
My granddad was Ryan Séan Rua.......Red John Ryan, because of his hair not his politics.
His politics.......well, you don't want to know. Let's just say he would be thrilled to bits about the Celtic Tiger.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 03:53PM »

In case anyone is still under the misconception that we fans don't make a difference to the performers -

I wrote to Alexa the other day, expressing our best wishes for both Méav and Lynn.  I just received a reply which said, in part:

"Lynn is very excited about her involvement but is also a little anxious as you can imagine.  It will be a great boost for her to know that the fans are behind her 100%.  Thanks again to you and everyone for your support - we can't do it without you!"

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 08:17PM »

Rich,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and passing on our well wishes.

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
epicwolf

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 08:31PM »

I would like to know if Ms Lynn...............taken?    Grin LOL

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 07:20AM »

Maggie/Rua is one of the most consistent people I know.  She has very high principles and will NOT compromise them. 

How can this be? I thought Maggie was a lawyer. <ducks fast>

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 07:26AM »

even for someone who talks a mile a minute (I have to almost press my ear to the speaker to hear her at times with my good ear)
What I found from Orla was a very soft voice and my hearing is not all that it should be. i have a hard time with real soft sweet voices, especially outdoors next to a busy road..
I also have to listen closely and carefully when she talks. But I do enjoy listening to her. It is such a pleasant speaking voice, and the speed sort of makes it more interesting. I would love to sit down with her a while and yak away. She also seems so positive about everything, and very respectful. How many times has she said "our wonderful music director Mr. David Downs"? It seems more than just kissing up to the boss. How many of us call our bosses wonderful? lol

And Z, if you are near a busy road, voices arent a priority. Hearing trucks, buses, cars, sirens, etc are! Be careful.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 07:26AM »

How can this be? I thought Maggie was a lawyer. <ducks fast>
Maggie?  A lawyer??  Boy, you'd better duck!   Cheesy

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 08:07AM »

Cash

We were at the doorway to IHOP, 30-40 feet from Apache Blvd in Tempe. Orla and Lisa were perfectly safe.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
KiernanKate
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 08:09AM »

you were at the doorway........ hmmmm me wonders if they were TRULY safe.....

LOL just kidding! ... promise
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 08:54AM »

Rachael was nearby  Grin and Mairead was inside finishing up. They had all eaten there prior to my arrival.

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
KiernanKate
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 08:55AM »

lol I almost wonder if you got autographs......... probably not
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 10:27AM »

I was actually taken by surprise to meet Lisa as I got out of my car as she was surpised to run into me. We talke don the way to IHOP ( She was continuing to the hotel on teh other side. Orla came up behind us and she shook my hand as we talked. I woul dnot have imposed on their time for an autograph if I collected those any more than I would have interrupted Mairead's meal. (Which I didn't) Now a hug and a kiss might have been an option <g>

Jim

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
KiernanKate
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29AM »

lol considering Lisa and Orlagh are married.......... I highly doubt a kiss would have been an option....... a hug now that wouldn't be so bad.............lol

Btw...... I just found by reading an interview...... I have something in common with Lynn Hilary YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Lol..... I hope she can project better than I can...... I'm still working on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: