Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Land - Trailler  (Read 11528 times)
celticartzyangel
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 04:42PM »

She looks like she's having so much fun!!  Grin
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 05:29PM »

OMR!!! It looks so good! I can't wait for it!
greenfire6
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 10:58PM »

Órla keeps layering achievemnet upon achievement just like a beautiful layered cake!  Cheesy

Waiting for my preordered My Land CD/DVDs and waiting to witness the live show version is going to be tough, but wait I must. Cheesy

The My Land teaser is up on Órla's home page now as well: http://www.orlafallon.net/
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 10:49PM »

I love the trailer! I can't wait to see the show.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
JessBrightman

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 01:53PM »

OOOOOOOH MYYYY GOOOOD!

by celtic girl \o/

May you always come this safely home in winter fire and snow.
celticgirl

Lisa's Lamb

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 09:33PM »

Awesome!! I love Mo Ghile Mear and Spanish Lady <333

take my hand, come with me and fly <3
Libby

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 02:25PM »

It looks almost like a Celtic Woman show by herself!  Grin

For the tour, do you think she'll still do some of her older songs, like Carrickfergus and Siuil a Run? I really love those songs. I would be a little bit sad if she didn't, since I never got to see her sing live when she was with CW.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 02:28PM »

Awesome!! I love Mo Ghile Mear and Spanish Lady <333

same here!!!  Grin Grin

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
JessBrightman

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 03:29PM »

It looks almost like a Celtic Woman show by herself!  Grin

For the tour, do you think she'll still do some of her older songs, like Carrickfergus and Siuil a Run? I really love those songs. I would be a little bit sad if she didn't, since I never got to see her sing live when she was with CW.

Love 'em too! Siuil a Run it's one of the best songs I've ever heard, and Carrickfergus has such a wonderful lyric  Cheesy

by celtic girl \o/

May you always come this safely home in winter fire and snow.
Gail

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 12:54AM »

Yeah, I just finished watching most of her special a little while ago...........she IS having fun, and the videos of Ireland made you want to go there.

BUT, when she sang "Spanish Lady"..........because I saw the CW version of that as the PBS concert (multiple times), then got the DVD and play it every so often, tonight's version of "Spanish Lady" was DEFINITELY missing something -- ....like -- the other girls, and mostly the fun of their "dancing" to the music rhythms of the song.

Forgive me as I go a little "Off Topic" here, but did anyone watch the PBS "Visions of Ireland" just before Orla's special tonight ??  

It was aerial videos ALL OVER the whole of Ireland, with a woman with a slight Irish accent overdubbing narration of what you were seeing and giving historical / interesting facts, AND, really fun Irish tunes played in the backgroud (Irish fiddle, Irish flute, Irish whistle). THAT 1 1/2 hour long program REALLY made me want to go to Ireland and see EVERYTHING ! ! ! !  
Maggie
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 04:50AM »

Yeah, I just finished watching most of her special a little while ago...........she IS having fun, and the videos of Ireland made you want to go there.
.....did anyone watch the PBS "Visions of Ireland" just before Orla's special tonight ??  
It was aerial videos ALL OVER the whole of Ireland, with a woman with a slight Irish accent overdubbing narration of what you were seeing and giving historical / interesting facts, AND, really fun Irish tunes played in the backgroud (Irish fiddle, Irish flute, Irish whistle). THAT 1 1/2 hour long program REALLY made me want to go to Ireland and see EVERYTHING ! ! ! !  

I hope Órlagh's "My Land" and all the programs shown around Saint Patrick's Day make everyone want to visit Ireland.....
Tourism figures are down, and need a boost:

QUOTE from http://www.independent.ie/national-news/
"THE Americans came back to our shores towards the end of 2010, giving a badly needed boost to Ireland's flagging tourism industry.
The total number of tourists visiting Ireland fell by 12.9pc in 2010 but the decline levelled off towards the end of the year, thanks to a late influx of visitors from North America and other long-haul destinations.
The figures are a welcome boost at a critical time for our tourism industry as Americans traditionally spend more than any other overseas visitors.
Although almost 900,000 fewer tourists visited Ireland than in 2009, the figures would have been even worse if it wasn't for a late surge in trips from North America, which rose by 13.9pc, and from other long-haul destinations, which were up 9.2pc in the final quarter."

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 02:21PM »

BUT, when she sang "Spanish Lady"..........because I saw the CW version of that as the PBS concert (multiple times), then got the DVD and play it every so often, tonight's version of "Spanish Lady" was DEFINITELY missing something -- ....like -- the other girls, and mostly the fun of their "dancing" to the music rhythms of the song.

When you get used to seeing or hearing a song done in a particular style many times over, it's only natural that it is the one you prefer. That being said, I like hearing different arrangements as well. I think Orla's version is purposefully less orchestrated and more traditional sounding.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
L.A. Girl

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 02:44PM »

I agree w/ you, Zee. Orla's voice mixed well with the Dubliners' voices.

Dianne
Patti Plays Pipes

though hope is frail it's hard to kill...<3

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 10:59AM »

*happy sigh* The trailer is great but doesnt do the My LAnd DVD and CD justice!!!!!!! you've gotta see it

Patricia~Patti! * I play pipes & harp!

Thank you Hayley! xxxxxxx
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: