Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5th Celtic Woman  (Read 39600 times)
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 10:26AM »

My theory is a little bit different. I honestly think that Lynn leaving the group really caught them off-guard and that the three girl line-up was, originally, just temporary until Lisa Lambe could make herself available to join full-time. I could've sworn I read a review of a play or something that she was doing in Ireland in summer/fall of 2010 (during which CW was Lisa, Chloe, Mairead, and Lynn). Also, they have Lisa Lambe fitted in Alex's dresses. My thought is that she was originally to take over for Alex. But then when Lynn unexpectedly left the group, it made much more sense to have her simply take over Lynn's parts seeing as MHWHA had become a duet and YBIMH was already dropped from the set list, as well as having already made adjustments in the arrangements for 3 singers.

But the thing of it is, the three singers worked! And that's one thing we all have to keep in mind. The quartet line-up worked for the first tours in Australia, for the promos in Japan, for the German and Austrian tour, and, let's not forget, for the magnificent Princess Toyotomi theme that CW recorded as well as for the Lullaby album (love it or disappointed with it, the harmonies on Stay Awake were one of the highlights of that album).

I think that David just decided to sit back and let the girls do what they do best (which is what he has said many times in his "thanks" part of the cds and dvds): breathing life into the music.

I also suspect that a 5th member, if they decide to bring a new member in, won't be introduced except for one of two occurences. One of these is obviously a new concert special. The other, more probable way, in my opinion, is doing another "in-between" tour, if you will. Sort of like the Isle of Hope tour. That tour fully introduced the two newest members by giving them original CW solos (Carolina Rua, YBIMH, True Colors), having new group numbers that were never done by previous members (Isle of Hope Isle of Tears, Have I Told You Lately, The Call), and also bridged the gap between ANJ and SFTH by giving the founding members new material to work with (Fields of Gold, Coast of Galicia, When You Believe) in addition to songs from the previous tours (The Voice, Granuaile's Dance, Nella Fantasia, Orinoco Flow, etc.).
BlueAquaOcean

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 06:13PM »

If Lisa comes back, lets keep Susan!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 07:03PM »

Ditto.....   Smiley

edtom

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 03:34PM »

Ditto.....   Smiley
I agree Cheesy

I love Celtic Woman
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 11:47AM »

Me three.  I always preferred four vocalists.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 02:39PM »

Add me to that too, please.  Three vocalists are nice, but I definitely prefer four.   
sunflower
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 12:15AM »

Add me to that too, please.  Three vocalists are nice, but I definitely prefer four.   
Agreed! I think their sound is even more beautiful with an additional vocalist or two.
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2012, 11:00AM »

Me three.  I always preferred four vocalists.
Add me to that too, please.  Three vocalists are nice, but I definitely prefer four.    
Agreed! I think their sound is even more beautiful with an additional vocalist or two.
Agreed! CW always sounds more beautiful when there are more vocalists.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 10:23PM »

I will add myself to that list!

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: