Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "My Land" airings announced  (Read 17804 times)
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« on: February 28, 2011, 09:41AM »

Orla's website has just posted the PBS airing dates and times for "My Land". Check it out to see when it is coming to you!

http://www.orlafallon.net/TVAirDates/tabid/1158/Default.aspx

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 11:23AM »

So glad to see fresno on that list! Cant wait till March 13 Cheesy

lcainsa
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:17PM »

Wow, nothing at all for Texas...   Sad
Shanonlynn

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:33PM »

I am so dissapointed that the PBS stations in Norfolk and Richmond Virginia are not airing "My Land"  I contacted the Richmond station about airing "Celtic Christmas" and they were not aware of the Show.  I have pre-ordered the CD/DVD combo and cannot wait for it to arrive.  I have been listening to the songs on various internet sites, and they are all so well done.  I really love Orla for doing such a beautiful tribute to her homeland.  Shannon
Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:38PM »

Can't wait until April 2... and it's just after Scioly regionals!

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48PM »

Yay!  Next Monday for us in SC!  I hope I'm able to watch it!!

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 01:39PM »

I saw it last weekend and it was awesome! Simply Órlagh at her best!

Did anyone else's  PBS station mention exclusive bonus tracks on the PBS version of the CD? They mentioned it had 4 bonus tracks, including Shenandoah, The Water is Wide, and Carolan's Welcome. I hadn't heard about it anywhere else, so I was just wondering if it was a mistake.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 01:49PM »

I saw it last weekend and it was awesome! Simply Órlagh at her best!

Did anyone else's  PBS station mention exclusive bonus tracks on the PBS version of the CD? They mentioned it had 4 bonus tracks, including Shenandoah, The Water is Wide, and Carolan's Welcome. I hadn't heard about it anywhere else, so I was just wondering if it was a mistake.

Shenandoah and The Water is Wide is on the DVD that is on Orlaghs website. I pre-ordered the autographed CD and the DVD and those songs are on it, but Carolans Welcome is not on it.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
celticartzyangel
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 02:07PM »

Oh my! 11:00 PM... that's gonna take alot of convincing to the 'rents Tongue but yaaay! It's airing!  Cheesy
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 12:01PM »

This posting if for fans in the Seattle area.

KBTC will be airing the My Land special tonight, March 6th, at 8pm & 9pm. According to a representative of KBTC, Orla will be live during the 8pm broadcast. KBTC will be offering tickets to the concerts in Edmonds October 14 and Tacoma October 15. Cost is $175 for 2 tickets to either venue.

Jennifer
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 02:14PM »

Nothing for the Twin Cities Sad
Libby

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22AM »

I watched it tonight. It was very nice. It's also airing on March 8th in Seattle/Tacoma at 6pm.

I can't wait to see her in concert in October! I wish the tickets would hurry up and go on sale! (No, I'm not going to do it through PBS).
greenfire6
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 10:08AM »

It appears that KNPB Reno, Nevada is sitting this one out.  Cry
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 06:27PM »

Kentucy Educational Television (KET) sadly announces it did not purchase the rights to broadcast My Land.  Cry  I'm not quite sure what that was all about, but it surely is disappointing, as Orla has a tremendous number of fans in the viewing area!  Sad

greenfire6
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 10:50PM »

I'm at a loss too. I try to not overguess my local PBS and tell myself they have their own business plan to follow.

But honestly, I don't think they appreciate the number of Celtic music fans in their broadcast area and what they could gain from some well crafted promotion involving Órla and their station.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: