Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple Meet and Greet inquiries  (Read 4646 times)
LoveLK

« on: March 10, 2011, 07:43PM »

Hello all!
I ordered my first meet and greet tickets to Celtic Woman in November for the April 10th show in Cincinnati!  This was a graduation present to myself from Nursing school.  I've loved CW for many years but never got a chance to go to the meet and greets (even though I've always gotten 2nd row seats at the Columbus and Cinci shows and enjoyed the enthusiasm of the people in the front row!).  According to the nice lady at PBS in Cinci the meet and greet tickets get purchased by them tomorrow and they go out at the beginning of next week (joy!)!  I do have some questions about the M&G that I have not seen on the other threads:

1.  I've seen 8x10 pics of the group that people take to have signed.  I've seen an 8X10 with Lynn and Alex in the group and a new 8X10 with Lisa Lambe in the group.  Are these fan made or are they available somewhere to purchase?  If they're fan made do others on the forum offer them?

2.  I've heard the signing limit is 5 items.  Is this correct?  I won't have but 2 or 3 items and my fiance will have 1 or 2 and we don't want to appear rude and overload the girls Wink

3.  So, now, pictures are allowed!  Are the ladies usually at a table for the meet and greets?

That's all I can think of for now.  I appreciate all the help!  Can't wait for April 10th and I hope to see some of you there!
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:23PM »

Have fun at your meet and greet and congrats on finishing nursing school!!

1. You can take anything you want to get signed. Many forum members print off both professional and unprofessional photos. The girls will sign anything. I've even heard of them signing someone's arm so he could have it tattooed.

2. Since they now allow pictures, they have reduced the number to 3. I've seen some people get away with 4 or 5 but usually Bubba, or whoever is in charge of the meet and greet that night, asks you to keep it to 3 items.

3. At every meet and greet I've been to, which is four now, the ladies have been at a table. You can take pictures of them and with them, but you have to lean across the table. The ladies are really good about taking pictures and are always happy to take a picture or two.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
LoveLK

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 12:34AM »

Thanks for all the help, LIM!  Can't wait to go  Grin 
LoveLK

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 02:07PM »

A couple more questions have just arisen!  Cheesy

I just received my M&G tickets in the mail today, along with my passes.  The letter from CET states that no cameras are allowed but they will gladly take a photo on our behalf.  The passes also say that there aren't any cameras allowed and that you can have 5 items signed.

My question is that I thought there had been a change to how the M&G's were.  I had seen somewhere on here or another site that says that cameras were now allowed, even though you couldn't do "posed" photos and that there were only 3 items to be signed per person.  So, which one is correct?

Does anyone have a link to the article or update on the meet and greets?  Also, has anyone attended the meet and greets and had conflicting problems from either the venue's workers or the CW reps?  I don't want to bring my camera and have it confiscated for the time I'm there if it's not allowed. 

Just want to clear some things up!  Anyone who has been to a meet and greet this year, let me and other fans know how it went with pictures, etc...

Thanks again everyone for all your help!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 03:12PM »

The letter from CET states that no cameras are allowed but they will gladly take a photo on our behalf.  The passes also say that there aren't any cameras allowed and that you can have 5 items signed.
Sounds like they just reproduced last year's M&G passes. As far as I know, all the PBS stations are allowing photos and limiting you to three items to be signed.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 04:30PM »

The letter from CET states that no cameras are allowed but they will gladly take a photo on our behalf.  The passes also say that there aren't any cameras allowed and that you can have 5 items signed.
Sounds like they just reproduced last year's M&G passes. As far as I know, all the PBS stations are allowing photos and limiting you to three items to be signed.

I think you're right Rich!  I looked at my Atlanta M&G pass and it contained the old language.  I do hope if they revert to a prohibition of photography at M&Gs they will publicize it widely in advance.

LoveLK

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:37PM »

Thanks Rich and Starman!  I appreciate all of the feedback  Wink  I did go back to the official CW site and find that they do allow cameras, as you have all mentioned before  Shocked Yay!  Thanks again!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41AM »

Thanks Rich and Starman!  I appreciate all of the feedback  Wink  I did go back to the official CW site and find that they do allow cameras, as you have all mentioned before  Shocked Yay!  Thanks again!

You're welcome LoveLK!  I am going to the Cincy show.  I look forward to meeting you there!  Smiley

SandyB

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 08:53PM »

Just wanted to interject here, at every Meet and Greet I have been to, they have given us an 8x10 photo of the girls that we could get signed. I don't know about this Spring tour, but I would assume it would be the same.  Have a great time!

SandyB
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 08:56PM »

Just wanted to interject here, at every Meet and Greet I have been to, they have given us an 8x10 photo of the girls that we could get signed. I don't know about this Spring tour, but I would assume it would be the same.  Have a great time!
Nope. That's been eliminated this tour.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
SandyB

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 10:29AM »

OK, thanks for letting me know Rich.  Guess the program will have to do!  LOL.

SandyB
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 03:02PM »

OK, thanks for letting me know Rich.  Guess the program will have to do!  LOL.

One of the most popular items presented to be signed are DVD/CD covers.  Some people also have printed off some beautiful photos of both individual soloists and the group and gotten them autographed.  And if you're a Lisa Kelly Fan Club member, you can get your Lisa T-shirt autographed by Lisa!  Shocked Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: