Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Wee Bit of Irish in me!  (Read 13418 times)
lcainsa
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 03:52PM »

Hi Maggie,

I checked out the PRONI site and browsed the Co Tyrone site (which I had posted on years ago, with little success). I did find the names of my great-uncles and -aunts, as well as my great-grandfather in the Ulster Covenant.  There were more than one family listed with the surname Emery, and I don't believe the others are any relation to us.  One of the names I found may or may not be a relative, not sure, but of the 6 names I copied the page entries for, one I'm certain is my great-grandfather, and the rest are his children Catherine, Johnston, Maggie and Thomas, and John (I know, there's a Johnston and a John, but I'm pretty sure they were both his children).  The only children missing would be Sarah, a daughter, and my grandfather, James, and he wasn't in Ireland at the time of the signing of the Ulster Covenant, he had already emigrated to the US.  I didn't find my great-grandmother on that list either, not sure what the story was.  The rest all list Edenasop as their homes, and that tracks with what I know for sure.

Unfortunately, I found no Emery entries at all in the Freeholder's Records.

I don't remember the name of the Church of Ireland, but I suspect it was the one listed as Urney (Castlederg). 

What do you know about the Family History Centres?  I seem to remember having spent some money in the past to have them look up some informatino for me, and I don't believe they found much of any useful information, though it was so long ago that my memory may be faulty.

At any rate, this is sort of piquing my interest in finding out more information, and it was interesting to see all the names in the Ulster Covenant.

Thanks Maggie!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: