Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisa Lambe's Photograph (in the forum banner)  (Read 32817 times)
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« on: April 08, 2011, 04:28PM »

Dear Administrators,

Please do not forget to add a picture of the newest member of Celtic Woman to our forums header. We must not leave her out.
We can't let her feel forgotten.

Gratefully,

- Guardian of the Rose

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:29PM by Guardian of the Rose » Logged

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 05:06PM »

That question was asked several weeks ago, and Lindsey answered it.  "As soon as I find a picture with a high enough resolution that I think will fit in well."

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:59PM »

Sorry. I wasn't aware of that. Would the Lamb Chop picture work?

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:22PM »

Sorry. I wasn't aware of that. Would the Lamb Chop picture work?

No. Part of the problem is that the forum isn't a fixed width. It's fluid based on the size of your monitor. That's why if you resize your browser window the forum itself resizes to fit. However, there is a minimum width which limits how small the forum can get. Since the search and the login forms are up in the header along with the picture of the girls I have to be very careful about making sure they don't touch or overlap thus ruining the effect and causing another problem because the CW image also acts as a link to the home page. And, at the end of the day, it's my work and I have to be happy with it. Especially since I stare at it all the time. There are very few pictures of Lisa L out there from CW Ltd. and I try to be VERY careful and only use pictures from the company because they've told us in the past they have no problems with us using them. That is an extremely limiting proposition for me. I highly doubt that Lisa L feels forgotten. She's got her own set of boards and her own entry in the FAQ, the only thing missing are the pictures. I am aware of the lack, and I am honestly doing my best to keep an eye out for something that will work.

aislin
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:28PM »

Thank you for the explanation. That makes 100% sense. I'm so glad you're on top of everything! No need to fear, Aislin is here!

Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 09:41PM »

Would it make sense to lesson the height of the picture or greaten the width so another girl could fit?

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 09:54PM »

Would it make sense to lesson the height of the picture or greaten the width so another girl could fit?

No, for two reasons, 1) I like how it is now. It's big enough that even on a high def monitor the girls faces are clear. Shrink it any and you'll run into problems because it would have to be higher resolution which would, in all likelihood, increase the load time and the forum is so graphics heavy already that I'm constantly worried about load time. 2) Not everyone's monitor is the same size. While what should be web standards size has changed, there are still people using 800x600 screen resolutions. That's why a lot of pages use variable width in their programing, so that the page renders correctly no matter what browser is being used.

aislin
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 10:12PM »

Fascinating. Thank you for explaining. Smiley

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 04:45PM »

Wow! On both explanations my mind stopped working after the second sentence. Tongue I'm so glad there are smart people like you out there to figure this stuff out for Computer Dummies like me to enjoy, aislin. Smiley Thanks!

hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 05:11PM »

thanks Aislin!

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
KelticKraze

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 10:09AM »

Wow! On both explanations my mind stopped working after the second sentence. Tongue I'm so glad there are smart people like you out there to figure this stuff out for Computer Dummies like me to enjoy, aislin. Smiley Thanks!

HAHAHA!! I know right!!

KC
megmarieswirlloveschocolate

ALEX AND MAIREAD!!!! <3<3<3

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 08:38PM »

what ever pic you choos will be awesome

Megan ^^ ALEX AND MAIREAD!!!! ORLAAAA!!!!!!

Thanks Rachel girl!!!!!!!!:-* Awesome avatar Hayley Kiss !!!
celticgirlakp

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 09:09PM »

what ever pic you choos will be awesome

I second this statement!  Grin
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 05:14PM »

so lisa lambe wont be on the banner on top?

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 10:30PM »

so lisa lambe wont be on the banner on top?

She will be, as soon as I can find a picture that will work with what we currently have.

aislin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: