Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front and Center in Cincinnati  (Read 3800 times)
pkcourtt

« on: April 11, 2011, 10:44AM »

Wow! I don’t really even know where to start. I went to the show with my friend, Amanda. It was my first time in the front row and my first with M&G. Just a year ago I had seen the girls for the first time in Cincinnati from the balcony of the Aronoff. Typically, I am a cheap seat girl because that’s usually all I can afford. But my mom had bought these tickets for me as a Christmas present and I have to say that it was the best one I have ever gotten. I knew our seats were good and that they were in the front row, but I never expected to be as close as we were. I had been pretty calm up until we went into the theater and the usher took us to our seats. We were dead center and so close to the stage I could reach out and touch it from my seat. I am pretty sure we had two of the best seats in the house and I could not believe our luck. It was then that I realized the girls were going to be able to see me. That’s not something you have to think about in the cheap seats and my heart was immediately in my throat. My nerves were eased somewhat by the fantastic ladies sitting next to us. I believe their names were Kelly and Annie. They were from the forums and were super nice. Looking back I wished I had talked to them more, but I was just so overwhelmed by the occasion I couldn’t do much more than just sit there and smile. I also met Starman who came over and introduced himself to me. He was really cool and very helpful as well and again I wish I had been able to talk to him more, but both before the show and after I was struggling just to perform a coherent thought. 

Even sitting in my seat knowing that they were going to be right in front of me, it still really didn’t occur to me that the girls were going to make eye contact with me. I have read reviews from others who have talked about getting looks from the girls but I figured that was because the girls recognized them. Having never sat in the front or been to a meet and greet I was not a familiar face and was not expecting to to get much attention; boy was I wrong. When the lights went off and the show started, my heart was pounding in my chest. When the girls came out I could not believe how close we were and immediately a smile broke out on my face and I’m pretty sure I did not stop smiling for the rest of the show. It took about thirty seconds after the music kicked up and the lights came on during Nil Sen La for one of the girls to find me. It was Chloe and she greeted me with a wink. From that moment on, I was putty. I got a look, if not two from everyone but Mairead in that first number but would more than make up for it later.

I got several looks and smiles from Lisa K in Fields of Gold and by the time Mairead came on for her first solo my heart was racing. I got several glances and at least one smile and it was all I could do not to melt to the floor. The rest of the show continued in much the same way and I just sat their smiling. Every time one of them made eye contact with me, I just smiled and laughed. But the highlight of the show for me happened during Granuaile’s Dance. It is my favorite Mairead piece and she nailed it as always, but for me the best part came at the end. During the last few bars I got a huge smile from her, then as the song ended with her standing right in front of me I got what I have heard others refer to as “the look.” It didn’t really even hit me at first, until on of the forum members said something to me about it. From that point on, I would have been fine if she never looked at me again. But the looks and smiles continued from her and the rest of the girls, and my friend and I got a blown kiss from Lisa K and the end. My friend got plenty of looks and winks too. It was all amazing and very surreal.

The show itself was incredible as always, though I think everything is better in the front row. The crowd was rocking, probably the most lively crowd I have been a part of. I think that was due in large part to the forum folks seated with me in the front row and in the row behind us. They never hesitated to stand or clap along, and as a result I stood and clapped along more times than I ever had before. I was still a little more reserved than I probably should have been, but again I think that was partly because I was just so overwhelmed by the whole experience. I had never been in the front row for anything before, and for me it really changed the whole show. I don’t know how I will ever go back to the cheap seats.

All too soon, the show ended but this time it was not over. Now it was time for the Meet and Greet. I have to admit that, as crazy as it sounds, I had mixed feelings about attending a M&G. I am a pretty shy person and the few times before that I had met people I admire I had always been too nervous or scared to really enjoy it. I considered giving my passes away and just enjoying my front row seat, but my friend really wanted to go and I didn’t want to let her down. So, before the show I prepared a picture for the girls to sign and just tried not to think too much about it. However, all the interaction during the show put me somewhat at ease. We weren’t really sure what to do after the show so we just hung around with the veterans and were once again helped out by Starman and the other forums members as they explained how a M&G works. My ideal M&G would have been Lisa K and Mairead, but after such a wonderful show I was excited to meet any of the girls. We were lead into this meet room and told to line up along the wall. That was when one of the guys in charge of the M&G, I think his name was Dustin, announced that we would be meeting Lisa Kelly and Lisa Lambe. That was when my heart jumped up into my throat and my heart began to pound. Lisa K has been my favorite vocalist from the very first time I watched the girls on PBS and the realization I was about to meet her brought back all my nerves. We were in the middle of the line and I was tempted to rush to the back, but the garage our car was in closed at 6 and I wasn’t sure how long it would take to get through the line. The girls came in and it was nice to see several others go first. The girls both seemed so nice and though I was still nervous, I tried to tell myself just to breath and enjoy it.

When it came time for my friend and I to go, she went first and I thought that was good because it would give me a chance to think about what I wanted to say. Lisa L was first and as soon as my friend went up to her Lisa L told her she was very pretty; that absolutely made my friends day. Then she asked if we were together and when my friend said yes she reached her hand out to me. She was incredibly sweet and even complemented the collage of pictures I had made to have signed. I tried to linger with her as long as possible, mostly because I knew Lisa K was next, but also because she was very charming and easy to talk to. Thank you Lisa Lambe for being so wonderful. I wish I could remember what I said to Lisa K, but I can’t. I really don’t remember our exchange at all. I don’t even remember shaking her hand, but my friend assures me that I did. All I really remember is her smiling at me. There were a lot of things I wanted to say to her, to both of them actually, but I couldn’t find the words. Maybe I will have another chance one day.

After leaving the table, I had a mini freak out moment. I hope the didn’t see. I was smiling all the way home and have pretty much not stopped smiling since. The show was amazing beyond words, the girls were awesome, and it was great to finally get to meet some people from the forums. All in all it was the absolute perfect experience and I am not sure how I will ever top it.     

Steve P

Know that I will sing to u each night I dream of u

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:50AM »

Thanks for sharing!  Sounds like you had a wonderful, memorable time!

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 12:15PM »

Yep, you got bit!!!! LOL  Nothing like the personal action and reaction from the front. Next time you go to a show and M&G  they will remember you--- and it just gets better!!! Too bad you're not coming to Chicago!!! WOW

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21PM »

Beautiful review!
Thanks for sharing these special memories Cheesy

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:34PM »

Wow really great review! Glad you had a wonderful time! Cheesy

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 06:14PM »

You're experience sounds just like my first front row and M&G! Though, I still get the nerves before shows, along with the heart pounding!  Cheesy  To share those interactions with the ladies during the show--it's just fantastic!!!  It sounds like you had an awesome time!!  Thanks for sharing!  Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 07:21PM »

Great review pkcourtt!  I certainly enjoyed meeting you and your friend Amanda at the show!  You two were seated next to forum members Kelly (Scuilly), Annie, Barb (Barbeaver) and myself.  The lady sitting next to me said she frequently visits the forum here, but is not a member.  Forum member LovelyLK and his fiance were seated on the second row behind us. 

The only place I've every been where the seats were any closer to the stage (without being under it) was the Carson Center in Paducah, which was perhaps a foot closer.  You two definitely had the best seats in the house!  BTW, I did see Lisa K blow you a kiss at the end of the show.   I was personally thrilled when Lisa L sang directly to me during Dulaman, which I guess was the highlight for me!

Below is one of the only decent photos I got at the M&G, as the "battery exhausted" light came on my camera as I was standing in line.  Angry.   Hopefully CET will publish their photos soon on Facebook, where they said they would send us the link.  First one to get it, please post it for every else.

I hope to see you at other shows.  My guess is that you are "hooked" from this experience!   Cool

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 09:16AM »

Man! It sounds like Cinci was the palce to be! Woohoo! So glad I was there!
Truth Seeker

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, what's up Doc?

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 12:44PM »

Wow! Great review! Cincy + CW = AWESOME

I have joined the Dark side. Its FULL of Cookies! And Mairead Nesbitt!

I'M HIGH ON CELTIC WOMAN!!! HOW BOUT YOU?

I MET LISA KELLY AND LISA LAMBE!!! THEY ARE SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!! Absolutely fabulous!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: