Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nichole's Review of the best night of her life *April 9th at Indianapolis*  (Read 8963 times)
NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« on: April 11, 2011, 12:44PM »

First of all, let me just tell you, this was the most fun I have EVER had doing ANYTHING. And I hope you can see that through my review. The girls blew me away and I'll never forget that night..... it was incredible.... I can't even put into words all that it meant to me, and if you've ever been, you know what I mean Smiley I hope this review even does it a little bit of justice!!

On the way there with my mom, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, but I had no idea of the nerves that were coming... it was about an hour drive, and the Lord blessed us with parking about a block away from the Murat theater. We got there about an hour early to make sure we had plenty of time to buy from the merch table, get settled in, and give me time to calm down!!!! When we went inside, I wasn't even sure where I was supposed to go! There was so much going on and so many people that I felt completely flustered. We found a merch table, and I bought the gray t-shirt,(and got the poster free since I bought the shirt), the program, and a magnet. I really wanted to buy the hoodie, but I just didn't have enough money, so I bought those other things Smiley We got to our seats with about 20 minutes until the concert started, and that's when the butterflies hit. I couldn't actually believe that I was there, and I was going to see my heros in only a matter of minutes!!! There was a very sweet woman and her husband sitting next to me, and to my suprise, they didn't know much about CW or the girls at all!! I was reading through my program, and she leaned over and glanced at the page I was reading (which was, of course, the page about Chloë Smiley) and she said "Oh that's her name? I don't even know the girls' names!" So I had the wonderful privilege to share my knowledge about the girls with her Smiley I took her through the program and explained as much as I knew, and she seemed to enjoy it a lot Smiley We continued to talk until the show started, and she learned that that was my first concert, and that I was there for my birthday. And what she did next shocked me and made me feel so good. She got up to go to the bathroom, or so I thought, she actually got up to go ask one of the ushers if there was any way that the girls could sign some CDs for me. When she came back, she told me what she had asked. And I knew that you had to have M&G passes, so I knew her answer before she told me, but I thought it was so sweet that she asked Smiley I never got her name, to my regret, but our exchange was very sweet and she was super nice.

After our conversation ended, the announcer came over the speakers and said that the show would be beginning shortly. A few minutes later, the lights went down, and little did I know it, but that was the start of the best 2 hours of my life..........
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:52PM by Nichole (iloveChloeA) » Logged

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 12:49PM »

Nice first part!!
Wow, the woman was really nice!!

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 12:53PM »

Yes she was indeed! And lucky her to have a great fan and supporter sitting next to her that explained everything (or with your own words "as much as you knew", although I can imagine that's quite a lot Smiley)

NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:52PM »

I'm not going to give a blow by blow for the songs, because I was so excited, sadly I don't remember the order, so I'll just go over the girls and other things that I remember Wink

Lisa Kelly ~ She was so beautiful!!!! Her hair was curly and it rolled down into the middle of her back. She blew me away in Fields of Gold!! She sang it with so much feeling and heart. It was just beautiful!!! She truly seems to be the momma of the group Smiley The looks that she exchanged with the other girls throughout the night were so sweet and they just melted my heart Smiley During Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears, there was a stupid Elmo balloon floating in the air a few feet above and in front of her, and I felt so bad because they were at the climax and the most dramatic part of the whole song, it was such a distraction!!! I felt awful for the girls, but when Lisa K went to introduce Fields of Gold, I was so happy when she just made a joke about it. She said "There was a balloon or something over in this area (gesturing to where it had been), and it was very distracting!!" lol that made the audience laugh and she was just such a joy to watch. She had such a connection with the audience. And though I love Lisa K, she was never my favorite. But that concert gave me a different view of her. How much she interacts with her fans is so special, and she truly enjoys them being there. So props to you Lisa Kelly Smiley I love you even more than I did before <3 Wink

Mairead ~ She. Was. Awesome. She totally killed it in Coast of Galicia!!!!! By the end of the song, her bow was shredded, the audience was so loud I thought we would all go deaf, and I was smiling, giggling and clapping like a crazy person Smiley She is TOTALLLLLLLYYYY totally incredible!!!! I mean, watching her in videos and seeing her in pictures, it's hard to believe how high she can jump, and how fast she can play, but you really come to appreciate it when you see her live!!! I couldn't believe how amazing she was!! But I was SO mad at myself cause I forgot to count her spins in COG!!! UGHHH!!! I was so mad! But she spun 10+ times at least!! I realized that I had missed the first few spins, and by the time I started counting, she had done five or six, then she just got faster and faster!! So I know she got at least 10, if not more than that! It was such a treat to watch her play!! She did a beautiful job in The Last Rose. I wanted to cry because it was just so beautiful!!! Some guy when she was done, because the whole theater was dead silent, YELLED and said "MAN THAT WAS AMAZING!!!" Which of course, put the world's biggest grin on Mairead's face as she launched into Mason's Apron. She was so much fun in that song!! She gave the audience this look almost to say "You ready for this?? Are you really ready??" It was so fabulous!!!!! She rocked it and her little back and forth with Ray and Andy was so hilarious to watch! The little 'bump' she gave Ray was one of the funniest things I've ever seen Wink So, just to reiterate, MAIREAD WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa L ~ What an amazing addition to the group!!! Her voice blended so well with the other girls, you would NEVER know that she's new!!! When she sang My Lagan Love, It was so pure and just beautiful!! She's was the PERFECT person to add to the group, and David did an outstanding job picking her!! Dulaman is one of my new favorite songs!! She was so cute in her introduction! "This song is about a woman, and she falls in love with two men. And to decide which one she wants to be with, she compares them to..... well... to.. seaweed (cue the laughter from the audience), and of alllll the Irish love songs about seaweed, this one HAS to be my favorite Wink (cue more laughter)" Her voice is just so amazing and she's a beautiful girl to boot!! Her curly red hair just flowed and layed so perfectly on her shoulders when she sang. And bounced all over the place when she danced around!! She's truly a wonderful addition to Celtic Woman, and is now, to me, just a SPECTACULAR person Cheesy She fit in very well, and she really fit the part of the songs!! In At the Ceili, her flirting and playing with the members of the band, and seemingly coaxing Andy to come down from his drums with her eyes was so cute!!! Her facial expressions during Dulaman were so precious and funny!!!! She's such a cutie and I'm more than happy to have her in the group now!! Who says you need 5 members?? The group is PERFECT how it is!!! The girls are all amazing, and Lisa L fits in so perfectly that I don't WANT anyone else!!!

Chloë ~ Ahhhh Chloë Smiley As most, if not ALL of you know, Chloë is my favorite of the group. When I first saw her come on stage during Nil Se'n La, I could've bet money on the fact that I was dreaming..... but I wasn't Smiley My hero, the girl that I love so much, and have been waiting so long to see, was in front of me..... I couldn't believe it!!! She was so cute and beautiful, and she just has a stage presence that will knock you off your feet! She genuinely loves being on that stage, and seeing all the people enjoying what she does so much. After You Raise Me Up, she seemed so overwhelmed at the audience. The whole theater gave a Standing O after that song was over, and she just kept putting her hand over her heart, and even though I was 16 rows away, I could still see her just keep saying "Wow". Over and over again Smiley I only cried twice the whole night, (which I was very proud of, if I do say so myself!!) and they were both because of her Smiley I NEVER cry when I listen to When You Believe, but I can't say that anymore!! When she sang that.... my emotions just overflowed. Seeing one of my favorite people, singing one of my favorite songs for the first time just overwhelmed me. And the other time I cried was at the climax of You Raise me up. That song has always been special to me, and when they get to that climax in the song, I always feel so full of emotion and joy, and being there, I just let it all go Smiley It was such a special moment that I'll never forget... Chloë grabbed Lisa K's hand and walked down the few steps with the biggest grin on her face Cheesy After Goodnight My Angel, (of which I REALLY like the new arrangement!!) She and Lisa K were holding hands, and she looked at Lisa K with so much love in her eyes, and just giggled a little and pulled Lisa into a big hug and gave her a kiss Smiley It was so sweet!!!! It just melted my heart  Roll Eyes Kiss Chloë sang When You Believe and my heart was so full Smiley She had a little bit of a pop sounding vibe to her voice, which sounded breathtakingly beautiful!! She added a lot more runs in it than she had on the CD and it sounded so good!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!!!! And like people have mentioned in reviews before, when she finished  that song, she stood back, kicked her leg up and went "Yeah!!!!!" It was awesome!!! And when she bowed after that song, the reception from the audience was so overwhelming for her that instead of bowing, she just sat right on the stairs and just smiled at all of us Smiley It was very special to see how much that touched her <3 During Mo Ghile Mear, when she sang the line "Know that I will sing to you, each night as I dream of you" She pointed right at someone in the front row!!! I thought "Dude! If that was me, I totally would've just passed out!!" I was so special to see all the smiles and giggles she gave to the audience. And though I was too far back for her to see me very well, I still loved it Smiley During At the Ceili, she was so stinkin cute!!!!!!!!! She sang her part flawlessly and I loved every minute of it!! She ended up with Dermot at the end, and she pinched his nose when the song ended, which was SUPER cute!! Her duet of 'Walking in the Night" With Lisa L was so beautiful and pure!! It's one of my new favorite songs EVER and they NEED TO RECORD IT!!!!!! "Give Me Your Hand" was just incredible as well!!! It always makes me feel good to hear that song Cheesy She blew me away and totally stole the show in my eyes. She got the loudest applause at the end of the show Smiley Everyone went NUTS when she gave her final bow!! Especially me  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes She also mentioned that that was their 18th performance in Indiana!! And she said that it's always very special for them to get to perform there, because it was one of the first places that they performed as a group when they first started. The audience was great, and though we didn't give as many Standing O's as I wanted to, Chloë still said that if they were giving out prizes for the best audience, Indianapolis would get it for sure Wink She was just a joy and genuinely wonderful to watch. I'm never going to forget seeing her Smiley Never ever....
So Chloë, I love you, and you made that night the best night of my life. You are so special to me, and I'll never forget what I felt that night <3

All in all, despite the fact that I didn't have a M&G, it was the best night ever, and the best birthday present I've ever gotten! Of course, I loved all the songs, but I only touched on a few. As other things are brought back to my memory, I'll add them in too Smiley When we left the theater that night, my hands stung from clapping, my arms hurt, my throat hurt, and my heart was so full that I wouldn't trade any of it for the world...... A friend of mine told me recently that when I go, it's REALLY loud, but not like a bad loud. It just fills you up and makes you feel so good. And only now, do I know what she meant. That was such a special night for me, and I'll never forget it as long as I live. Thank you so much for reading my review. I hope it touched you, and I thank you all so much for everything... just everything Smiley I love you all!!

Nichole Xxx
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:04PM by Nichole (iloveChloeA) » Logged

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 02:13PM »

Great review Nicole, sound like you enjoyed yourself immensely. Was there a M&G at this show and if so does anyone know which 2 ladies attended ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:14PM by KerriC » Logged

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
Jennifer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:47PM »

Great review, Nichole! Sounds like it was an amazing night!
NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 04:02PM »

Thank you both Wink it was incredible!! And sorry, but I don't know who was at the M&G

Thanks Michelle!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 04:28PM »

Nice review! Lisa K tweeted about the Elmo balloon and she laughed about it. Cheesy

Thanks Lindsey
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 06:08PM »

Great review, Nichole! The Elmo balloon seems so random! But very funny! I'm glad Lisa was able to joke about it! It sounds like you had such an amazing time (OF COURSE!)! And I'm sure I don't have to tell you that you won't ever forget it! Smiley Thanks for the awesome review!

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
totallylovesCw

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 07:19PM »

Great review Nichole!! sound like u had a wonderful night

April 16 was the best night i ever had
thank you Julia  for a wonderful banner and Evi for the avatar Smiley
Jeffrey aka Jeff
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:47PM »

Great review Nichole!  At the Cincy show yesterday Chloe commented to the crowd what a wonderful crowd they had had in Indianapolis the previous night!  I guess you were part of it! 

We need the info on the M&G if anybody knows.  We had the LIsas at Cincy yesterday, so theoretically it should have been Chloe and Máiréad, but we must confirm that before we can report it in our M&G thread.

May you have many more shows like that one!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Karen

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 08:22PM »

Nichole,

I am so glad you had such a great time, and that it exceeded your expectations! You totally deserve a night of magic, so I'm glad you got it!

Now, go print off your post and paste it into your journal, and you can relive this memory for years to come!

Luv Ya!

Karen

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42PM »

First of all, let me just tell you, this was the most fun I have EVER had doing ANYTHING.
I agree completely! I've had quite a few hobbies in my life but these concerts are, without doubt, the coolest thing I've ever done!

What an amazing review, Nichole! I'm so glad to hear to had such a fun time. I can tell you were very moved by these girls, and I agree that these concerts are definitely life changing experiences. I hope you get to go to another one real soon.  Smiley Thanks for sharing!
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 09:15AM »

Wow Nichole, really really great review! I'm happy for you that you had such a fantastic time! Smiley

NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 02:03PM »

Thank you for the beautiful comments everyone!! I didn't think this review was all that special, I just spoke from my heart. So thank you Smiley

Great review Nichole!  At the Cincy show yesterday Chloe commented to the crowd what a wonderful crowd they had had in Indianapolis the previous night!  I guess you were part of it! 

May you have many more shows like that one!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Thank you! She did?? Do you remember what she said? lol I hope I was!! I was screaming like crazy  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Nichole,

I am so glad you had such a great time, and that it exceeded your expectations! You totally deserve a night of magic, so I'm glad you got it!

Now, go print off your post and paste it into your journal, and you can relive this memory for years to come!

Luv Ya!

Karen
Thank you...... I was so overwhelmed, you would've loved my face lol. I didn't stop smiling the WHOLE NIGHT!!! What makes you say I deserved it? I will Smiley I want some of my friends that aren't on the forum to read it too!!!
Wow Nichole, really really great review! I'm happy for you that you had such a fantastic time! Smiley
Thank you!! I didn't think it was that great, so thanks a million!!!!! It was fantastic!! I hope you get to see them soon too!!!

Thanks Michelle!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: