Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best! Weekend! Ever!: Emily's Chicago Review  (Read 9892 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« on: April 21, 2011, 07:53PM »

EDITED MAY 6, 2011: I edited this review and took out details of interacting with the girls both in the show and the M&G. I didn't feel comfortable keeping it up there, as I feel that is something personal and should be kept to myself. The full review is still on my Facebook account. Thanks for understanding.

This might be my longest review ever. Ugh, I’m sorry, lol.

This weekend was INCREDIBLE!!! Even though the weather in Chicago was less than desirable, I’d say this weekend was even better than last year’s ForumFest! The theatre was nicer, our seats were closer, and the M&Gs were not as rushed as last year (which I think had to do with the fact that last year’s M&Gs had more people and also had all 5 girls at each one, so there wasn’t a lot of time to chit chat). We did miss a few important “regulars” though, like Joe and Kathy, Brad and Cindy, and KASEY(!!), among others. Sad

I flew into Chicago on Friday, the day before the shows, which is what most of us did. I flew in on probably the WORST flight I’ve ever been on. I do NOT recommend Spirit Airlines – spend the extra dough and go with a better carrier. It was made worse by the fact that the weather in Chicago at 6pm on Friday was really nasty, so our landing was incredibly rough, and for a few moments I actually thought we weren’t going to make it, if you know what I mean. After I got off the plane I was still shaking and had to take a moment to take a breath and say a prayer of thanks to God for keeping me safe because that was just a rough flight.

That being said, it was TOTES worth it and I’d do it again for the weekend I had!!!!!!!

Jenna was a total angel (thanks again, J) and picked me up from O’Hare and we headed into downtown Chicago. About 12 of us (Me, Jenna, Coleen, Ennica, Jamie, Gary B., Zo, Sara, Ashley, Melissa, Sharon and Bernie) all had some pizza at Gino’s East, which was really fun!

Jenna and I roomed together like we did last year, and for those of you who have never met J, she is FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!! I was pretty much in stitches the whole weekend.

Saturday we didn’t get to do much in the way of sightseeing simply because the weather was yucky. It was rainy and FREEZING!!!!

We all met up for dinner at the Emerald Loop, and I have to thank Gary B. and everyone involved in setting it up because it was perfectly organized! We had a whole little separate area of the restaurant to ourselves and it was a lot of fun. There was a lot of laughing going on and probably a few topics that can’t be mentioned on this forum, LOL. What happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago. Wink

Then it was on to the show! The Saturday night show was HEAVEN!

Our group had the ENTIRE front row of the pit, every! single! seat!, and about half of the second row (for BOTH shows). I was seated in the front row, towards the end, right in front of Tommy Martin in the band, but it was a perfect seat. I was sitting next to Ashley, which was really fun because she gets into it just as much as I do. We had sat next to each other for the second half of the Red Rocks show back in September too. I also sat next to MikeyK, which was great too! It was really nice to meet you and your Mom, Mike. Smiley

The crowds for both shows were ABSOLUTELY INSANE. We were definitely leading it, of course, but I will say that the Chicago locals were just as crazy. We could hear the screaming and hollering from way in the back, so I know it wasn’t just the pit. Chicago obviously LOVES Celtic Woman and they are NOT afraid to show it!! Laura from the choir commented on Twitter about how wild the crowds were in Chicago and I have to agree. The Chicago Theatre was ROCKING on Saturday and Sunday, for sure.

M&G
So, after the show is finished on Saturday we head to the M&G. We had nearly the entire M&G. We lined up and then Dustin told us we’d be meeting Lisa K and Lisa L!! I was SO SO SO excited because obviously I LOVE Lisa K, but I hadn’t gotten to meet Lisa L yet and was really wanting to, especially since I’ve gotten to know her so well on Twitter during this tour.

Both girls were very sweet and I really enjoyed visiting with them both. Smiley

And for anyone wondering, this is the story behind the "kiss" photo:

So, I take a “normal” super cute photo with her (see evidence below) and then as I start to back away from the table, she says “WAIT!! WAIT, ONE MORE!!!” I was kind of confused by this because Jamie, who was taking the photo, had given me the all-clear that the photo had turned out well, so I wasn’t sure why Lisa wanted another one. So, I lean back in for the second photo, and all of a sudden I feel her grabbing my chin and kissing me on the cheek! At this point I am DYING of laughter (which you can see in the photo, haha).

After we take the photo, she goes, “YOU BETTER MAKE THAT YOUR TWITTER PIC!!!” I was like “GIRRRRRRRLLL, you KNOW I’m going to put this up on Twitter as soon as I get back to the hotel!!” She laughed. In the words of Cindy, I JUST LOVE THAT LISA KELLY!!!! She pretty much made my LIFE with that photo!

After the M&G, we headed to the Renaissance Hotel and chilled out in their lounge for some post-concert libations and discussions. Again, what happens in Chicago, STAYS IN CHICAGO. Wink

And let me say now that on Sunday morning, I woke up with a very sore voice from all of the screaming, hahahaha. I was exhausted, hoarse, and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I call this the “CW Hangover.” NEVERTHELESS, I was READY FOR ROUND TWO!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:36PM by Emily! » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 07:54PM »

Sunday was much the same. We met again at the Emerald Loop and then headed over to the theatre. I was seated on the opposite end this night, which excited me because Mairead is on that side during the end of the show and I always really like to be in front of her whenever I can be!  

Again, same wild crowd, lots of standing O’s, lots of hootin’ and hollerin’.

Which brings me to the M&G.

Now, we were all really, really hoping that they’d give us two girls one night, and two girls the next, but as all of us here know VERY well, there are NEVER any guarantees when it comes to M&Gs. It’s just the luck of the draw. I REALLY wanted Mairead at this second M&G, and I know several other people REALLY REALLY wanted Chloe.

Fortunately for us all, Dustin announced that we’d be getting…..Mairead and Chloe. Smiley Yup, we got the “full set” in Chicago. We were VERY, VERY happy. Everyone got an opportunity to see their favorite that weekend, and that’s just the icing on the very delicious cake! Both girls were fabulous, and for me, it was especially wonderful to see Mairead again.

After the M&G, we headed back to the Renaissance again and then most of us went to dinner at Giordano’s, where I had THIN CRUST, thank you very much.

I headed back home to warm, sunny Ft. Lauderdale the next morning and this time the flight was uneventful (praise God). Wink

I have to say, all in all, this was pretty much the best weekend ever. Everything came together so perfectly, and I could not have asked for a more amazing ForumFest. Great seats, great shows, GREAT M&Gs, and absolutely great friends. I miss everyone so much already!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! To me, this was the best ForumFest yet. I guess we’ll see if FF 2012 will beat it!!! Seeing as how Mr. Schmidt will probably be with us for FF 2012, it’s sure to be a wild one! METALFACE!!!!! Wink

So, shall we start the countdown until the 2012 tour dates are released? Wink

Photographic Evidence

Lisa and I! by itsemilylol, on Flickr

"The Kiss" by itsemilylol, on Flickr

Me and Máiréad Nesbitt by itsemilylol, on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:37PM by Emily! » Logged

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 08:47PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Incredible Review  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Thanks for again proving they do love their fans, respect them and appreciate them, and probably sing louder and better when they know their favorites are near and in Mairead's case play their utmost. Sorry the weather was so icky...sounds like everyone was happy and jovial despite the weather. Wow, your plane trip was a little on the scary side, too. Thanks Emily...for picturing such a great week-end for C W fans, many of us were there in spirit with you all.

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Nick

Still hoping to meet Lisa K.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:04PM »

Great review, Emily.  I enjoyed being reminded of what a wonderful time it was.  Just like South Bend all over again.  For me, meeting many of the forum group for the first time, was the best part of the weekend.  Cherie and I want to thank all of you for the warm welcome and for making us feel a part of the group from the moment we entered the Emerald Loop.  Next year can not come soon enough!

Nick

Thank you Evi for this beautiful banner!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22PM »

Emily your review was fantastic! I hope to go to a show with you sometime you seem to get a ton of LK and M attention

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:36PM »

Thanks, all!!

And Rach, I'd love to go to a show with you sometime!! I think we'd have a really good time going crazy in the front row, haha. Cheesy

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:41PM »

Thanks, all!!

And Rach, I'd love to go to a show with you sometime!! I think we'd have a really good time going crazy in the front row, haha. Cheesy
Oh gosh!! I can just picture it now Tongue Roll Eyes

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:19PM »

oh!!! One other thing I forgot to mention....

During intermission on Sunday, a woman came up to me and said, "I just have to ask, who are you guys?" Cheesy

I explained that we were just really, really big fans who all happened to be great friends. We met on the internet and we come to Chicago every year for the shows and M&Gs and love enjoying the shows together.

She thought that was like...the COOLEST thing ever and was really, really nice! I always worry that maybe we're too boisterous, but she thought we were awesome! Cheesy

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:59PM »

Emily,

Absolutely great review as always!  I love reading your descriptions of the events because I can truly feel the excitement!  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, some day I REALLy do want to make it to a FF, and definitely hope you'll be there to, otherwise it won't seem complete!  LOL

Lisa K. is absolutely A++++++ at M&Gs. This was my 6th M&G with her! She’s SO fabulous to meet and I always walk away feeling like I just talked to a friend! She immediately noticed that I had cut my hair and commented on it. She gave me a HUGE hug (which, of course, I was dying of happiness over) and then asked me how school was going, which is something she always asks every time I see her. I just love that she remembers stuff like that and thinks to ask. LOVE HER!
I really have to repeat and emphasize this!  It's been talked about so often, and I really felt that the first time I met Lisa at my first M&G way back in 2007 ... so I had a good idea how great she was, but even that didn't really prepare me for this year.  It's 4 years later, I've managed to attend a show every year except 2009 (when illness kept me from making it to the show/M&G I had scheduled) but I had not pulled Lisa for another M&G.  At the one this year (University Park, PA ... same location I met her the first time) I had stepped out of the line to take a picture of my mother (her first concert) with Lisa.  Mom and Lisa were talking about their trip from Indiana to see the show and casually pointed at me, and Lisa looked up and started to say, "Hi Peter, nice to meet ...  no, wait, I have met you before, haven't I?"   Four years later, a LOT of changes in my appearance over those years, and she still remembered!  That is definitely someone very special!
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 03:30AM »

Great great review!! Had so much fun reading it! Smiley And yes, you feel the excitement while reading it!! Thanks Emily for posting! Smiley

cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25AM »

Way to go Em!!!!!  2012 is on the way!!! let's hope for a weekend again!!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 11:24AM »

Way to go Em!!!!!  2012 is on the way!!! let's hope for a weekend again!!

Yup, I am ready to fast-forward to 2012. Cheesy

Jennifer
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 11:40AM »

Great review! Grin Now I hope I can go to FF 2012... Wink
Lisaholic

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE My Lisa-Girl!!

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 12:33PM »

In the words of Cindy, I JUST LOVE THAT LISA KELLY!!!!

Hehe!  I SURE DOOOOO!!!!

OMG~My Emma Lee!!!!  What a TOTALLY AMAZING REVIEW!!!!!! I was GIDDY the ENTIRE WEEKEND...just KNOWING you were there...& IN-STITCHES to hear how it went~LOL!

When I saw your pics I totally CRIED WITH HAPPINESS for you!!!  I SO KNOW how you were feeling at those very moments!!!  **squeeeee!!!** 
Oh, Goodness...Oh, Me...Oh, My...Oh, WOW!!!!  **giggle!**   Cheesy

Again...SOOOOO HAPPY for you, My Emma Lee!!!  BEAUTIFUL REVIEW!!!!

**BIG-GIDDY-CW-LUVIN'-GROUP-HUGGZZZZ!!**
~Cindy Smiley

"Oh, Goodness...You know it...'Lawd knows...I just LOVE-LOVE-LOVE THAT LISA KELLY!!! **squeeeeeeeee!!**"

Thanks, EVI~My "Lisaholic TWIN"~for the beautiful banner!  *squeeeee!!!* Grin

"Hello...My name is...Cindy...and I'm...a LISAHOLIC!"
Jack

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 01:19PM »

Hi, Em!  Cheesy   Ho Hum, just another routine evening for Emily as she visits with CW.  Grin Grin

Emily, this had to be one of your greatest experiences, ever!  The girls have proven once again why they are simply the best as performers and as individuals.  It is truly remarkable the way they can perform at the level they do, yet make each of us feel so special along the way.

Your M&G photos are awesome and have to be very special to you.  Surely, they will be something to cherish for the rest of your life and definitely autograph material down the road. Smiley  Our Lisa K never ceases to amaze, and proves once again why we love her so.

Great, great review!

Jack
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: