Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun  (Read 21397 times)
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« on: May 14, 2011, 11:32AM »

I have a question for anyone who owns The Greatest Journey album.
Can someone tell me if the version of "The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun" is the same version that's on A New Journey?
I have The Greatest Journey piano book and I saw that it had two extra verses:
Now let the day begin
Now every dancer spin
Step-in and step-out again

Let every bell to ring
Trumpet and violin (which doesn't rhyme btw Tongue)
Let every chorus sing

This being my favorite CW song, I'd like to know if there's a version that records these two verses.
Thanks!

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:16PM »

The second verse was added in during the "Isle of Hope" tour. The version on TGJ is without Hayley. Chloë is singing Hayley's part in TGJ

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 02:35PM »

The second verse was added in during the "Isle of Hope" tour. The version on TGJ is without Hayley. Chloë is singing Hayley's part in TGJ

The second verse was added for the first tour in 2005 Wink . I have heard Deirdre on it Smiley
There are some versions in Youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSAnzruPPxs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUMcs_LE81Y
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:56AM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 04:45PM »

The second verse was added for the first tour in 2005 Wink . I have heard Deirdre sing it Smiley
There are some versions in Youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSAnzruPPxs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUMcs_LE81Y
Oh ok I only that tour so i thought it was a new feature Tongue

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:59PM »

Ok, now let me get this straight. TGJ does not have the extra verses because they were added later, but it's still different because they rerecorded it without Hayley. Is that right?

LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 05:23AM »

I thought SDS was not done by CW until Slane Castle which was recorded in 2006. The 2 vid links that Dinozzzo put up show Hayley, Lisa, Chloë, Orla, & Mairead in the first one and Lisa, Chloë, Mairead, Alex, & Lynn in the second. I'm abit confused. Smiley

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 06:09AM »

I thought SDS was not done by CW until Slane Castle which was recorded in 2006. The 2 vid links that Dinozzzo put up show Hayley, Lisa, Chloë, Orla, & Mairead in the first one and Lisa, Chloë, Mairead, Alex, & Lynn in the second. I'm abit confused. Smiley

I thought the same thing Grin But there's no video about the first tour :/

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 06:15AM »

That's Lynn in the first one

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 07:30AM »

They did SDS on tour before they recorded ANJ. I heard it in March 2006 in Raleigh; the ANJ DVD and CD weren't recorded until August of that year. The extra verses have been there from the beginning, but due to time constraints on the CDs, the song has never been recorded that way.

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 09:02AM »

They did SDS on tour before they recorded ANJ. I heard it in March 2006 in Raleigh; the ANJ DVD and CD weren't recorded until August of that year. The extra verses have been there from the beginning, but due to time constraints on the CDs, the song has never been recorded that way.
Gotcha! Thanks! I still wish they would record the whole thing...

Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 01:02PM »

Gotcha! Thanks! I still wish they would record the whole thing...

I know! The harmonies on the 2nd verse are really cool!

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 07:54PM »

I totally agree.  I really hope they do record it someday.

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 08:41PM »

Maybe they could make it as a bonus track on iTunes or something. Then they wouldn't have to worry about disc space.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 08:49PM »

Maybe they could make it as a bonus track on iTunes or something. Then they wouldn't have to worry about disc space.

That would be a great idea!  And they could do the same for the other songs they extend for the tour (Fields of Gold, Orinoco Flow, Finale/Mo Ghile Mear, etc lol).  Maybe in the future whenever they get time (because they're really busy ladies lol).

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 08:03PM »

That would be a great idea!  And they could do the same for the other songs they extend for the tour (Fields of Gold, Orinoco Flow, Finale/Mo Ghile Mear, etc lol).  Maybe in the future whenever they get time (because they're really busy ladies lol).
Well maybe they could record them live. Of course maybe that's really difficult or something...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: