Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article about Lisa L  (Read 14311 times)
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« on: June 17, 2011, 09:47AM »

In German TV magazine "Prisma" there is an article about Lisa L
I found the magazine it its printed version added to todays newspaper. The article is also available online:
http://www.prisma.de/thema.2011_24_die_welt_ist_kein_puppenheim.html

I'm not able to translate the whole article, but maybe someone else could do it?!?

Enjoy reading (for those who understand German)  Smiley

MaryNorth93
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:51AM »

I used google translate  Roll Eyes Very nice, thank you Danny.
Inga
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:54AM »

Thank you for the link. Very interesting article.
Inga
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:58AM »

Another interview with Lisa Lambe

www.net-tribune.de/nt/node/42506/news/Celtic-Woman-beginnt-in-Frankfurt-ihre-Deutschland-Tournee
Inga
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:16AM »

Lisa Lambe had singing and dancing training in Berlin, this is why she speaks german.
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:41AM »

Ok this is the first article. Sorry if the English isn't always correct. Others may correct mistakes. Smiley
Hope you enjoy it. Cheesy

We got hold of Lisa Lambe in Houston, Texas, where Celtic Woman had performed one of the last concerts on a five-month and (ok maybe not the right words here) without exception sold out US tour. A highlight was a performance in the White House.

Barack Obama has just recently discovered his paltry (?) Irish roots and in Moneygall, where his great great great grandfather was born, he drank a pint of guinnes in “Ollie's Pub”.

Lisa, who comes from Dublin herself, and who hardly left Dublin before her CW era doesn't really know anything about Moneygall, which lies between the borders of the counties Offaly and Tipperary. “I think Moneygall is called 'Muine Gall' in Gaelic”, she says. “But I don't know what it means.”

“Muine Gall" means foreigners' thicket.

From Texas the four-leaved Celtic clover (Máiréad Nesbitt: violin, Chloë Agnew: vocals, Lisa Kelly: vocals and Lisa Lambe: vocals) flew to Japan for film recordings. “They'll probably expect me to become blonde again”, she laughs. At the moment her hair is red.

From Japan they continue to Germany, after a small stop to change clothes in Dublin. On 18th June they will be performing in the Düsseldorfer Phillipshalle, on 21st June in the Bielefelder Stadthalle and on 22nd June in Hanover. Lisa is eager to go to Berlin. There she spent a “total exciting summer term” a few years ago. She took intensive lessons in singing and in acting and gave some herself - for children.

In the meantime she's an awarded actress in Ireland and last acted as Nora Helmer in “Ibsens Nora” or “Ein Puppenheim” (a puppet home?). Why she gave up this career and joined the adventure of Celtic Woman? “I think that this is the biggest music show world wide at the moment”, she says. “And finally I've been able to leave Dublin.”

Lisa Lambe's most powerful appearance in the show is called “My Lagan Love”, which is an at least 400 years old Irish self-assertion song against the English occupying forces. Many have interpreted the song, Dusty Springfield and Kate Bush, but no one like the here rather unknown Sandy Denny. Lisa Lambe strongly resembles her.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:23AM by Ben the piper » Logged

Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 11:07AM »

Here's the second article. Hope you all understand it. Cheesy

Frankfurt: - “Everywhere we are being welcomed open hearted”, Lisa Lambe says about the global success of Celtic Woman. This shouldn't be any different in Germany, where this Tuesday in Frankfurt the first of nine concerts is taking place. She is very confident about that.

Lambe joined the group, consisting of 4 musicians, last year. “The Irish ladies ensemble has sold up to 6 million CDs and DVDs worldwide, have absolved nine magnificent US tours and performed in front of more than 1 million people”, their record company EMI tells us. Lambe explains the success of the musicians - right now a quartet of Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, the violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and herself - with the name of the current program/show “Songs From The Heart”.

“The music of Celtic Woman touches the hearts of so many people in their daily lives. Nowadays there aren't many moments of conciousness and I think that's why people look up and find comfort when they hear our music. When a tragedy or crises happens then people look for a positive mentality, I think. We've just visited Japan and it was wonderful to perform to people that have suffered from earthquakes and tsunamis. We have published our song “You Raise Me Up” for the tsunami aid of the red cross on iTunes. To see what our music means to those people is incredible. In times of crises we often look for sympathy, love and strength and I'm very proud to be part of something that can give people those things.”

For the German audience the quartet recorded a German version of “Over the Rainbow”, “Wenn du in meinen Träumen bei mir bist”. She has spent a summer in Berlin a few years ago and she loves the German language, Lambe says. “German and English are like distant relatives in their origins and so it wasn't hard for us to learn the lyrics and the pronunciation of the song. - I love Germany and it's wonderful to tour the country!!! We love you (Wir haben Sie lieb)!!!” Lambe writes in this interview, carried out (?) by e-mail.

Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 07:53PM »

GO LIL LAMBE!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 09:04PM »

"The Four-leaved Celtic Clover"     hmmm.....I like that!! Super cute!!!

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
celticartzyangel
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29PM »

Me too!
This was an awesome interview  Cheesy and a really good article!
hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 09:35PM »

Me too!
This was an awesome interview  Cheesy and a really good article!

fantastic! our lil lamb is so amazing and obviously loved Cheesy

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 03:58AM »

And no credit for the poor guy that even made it possible for you to read the articles? Roll Eyes Tongue Grin

LLCMS
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17AM »

I like Lisa Lambe. She is so talented! I love her song A Spaceman Came Traveling. She does it great! : :
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: