Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Artists  (Read 482503 times)
BlueFawn

« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2009, 04:25PM »

I can't wait to browse through this thread I'm always on the lookout for good music suggestion.

I'll drop a couple of my current faves, if anyone likes Classical/Spanish guitar a friend recently turned me on to Andres Segovia and Ottmar Liebert....fantastic instrumental music.

Also, at the risk of revealing myself a complete nerd the Battlestar Galactica Soundtracks are amazing, all the music is originally recorded for the show, it's almost entirely instrumental a very tribal/world music flavor, the few songs with lyrics are sung in Latin, Irish and Armenian off the top of my head.  Anyway the music is fantastic alot of percussion and strings it's one of my must listens.

CRRopes
Total Fanatic

« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2009, 05:43PM »

I can't wait to browse through this thread I'm always on the lookout for good music suggestion.

I'll drop a couple of my current faves, if anyone likes Classical/Spanish guitar a friend recently turned me on to Andres Segovia and Ottmar Liebert....fantastic instrumental music.

Also, at the risk of revealing myself a complete nerd the Battlestar Galactica Soundtracks are amazing, all the music is originally recorded for the show, it's almost entirely instrumental a very tribal/world music flavor, the few songs with lyrics are sung in Latin, Irish and Armenian off the top of my head.  Anyway the music is fantastic alot of percussion and strings it's one of my must listens.

Thanks for the suggestions and.... don't worry.... this Forum is crawling with nerds! You'll fit right in!

Chris

BlueFawn

« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2009, 10:59AM »

haha I feel at home already, thanks Chris Smiley

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2009, 05:07PM »

Luan Parle has been asked to guest for Sugarland on their upcoming (short) visit to Ireland. Luan will take time out of her writing / recording schedule to hook up with Jennifer Nettles & Kristian Bush. Sugarland need no introduction to US music fans. Massive album and single sales, multiple awards and sell out shows have made them one of the hottest tickets on the music scene today. Their rise to the top continues apace as Sugarland have been nominated for 3 Grammy awards in 2009.

Fri March 20th – The Waterfront Hall, Belfast

Sat March 21st – The Mount Errigal, Letterkenny

Sun March 22nd –The Premier Hall, Thurles

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2009, 09:54AM »

Today is Luan's birthday, so you might want to stop by her MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/luanparle and wish her the best.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2009, 10:07AM »

I've seen Sugarland in concert Rich. They were fantastic!! Jennifer is a ball of fire!! High energy show.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2009, 10:12AM »

I've seen Sugarland in concert Rich. They were fantastic!! Jennifer is a ball of fire!! High energy show.

... Bill

I agree, Bill.  Jennifer is adorable.  She has one of those smiles that just lights up the stage.  They put on a heck of a show.  And Luan is planning her first US tour later this year, so we may get to see her live, too.

CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2009, 10:26AM »

Jennifer is adorable.

She is that Rich! Wow!

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2009, 12:46PM »

Check out Cora Smyth, Sean Horsman & Jim Higgins - 'The Musical Priest', 'The Red Haired Lass' & 'Green Garters'

MeganDelia
Honorary Roadie

Thanks for the card and CD Mairead!!!

« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2009, 01:41PM »

... Bill

I love Sugarland! I have all their albums. I agree, Jennifer is awesome! I've never seen them in concert though. I wish I could.

Thanks Mel, for the great banner!! Smiley
~Megan xoxo~
jons
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2009, 09:44AM »

Cara Dillon is a folk singer with a sweet voice, similar to Kate Rusby but more refined, delicate and detailed - more akin to Hayley. The music on her latest album 'Hill Of Thieves' might not be to everyone taste but its folk at its best. There's Jimmys, Johnnys and even a roving Spencer. There is at least two cases of tree climbing as well.  Grin

Seriously though the songs are just brilliant. 'False, False' is a lovely ballad, 'Johnny, Lovely Johnny' wants to make you sit up and dance. Terrific.

And her voice is astonishing right from the start. She has that je ne sais quoi about her.

http://www.caradillon.co.uk/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:56AM by Kelli » Logged
raven_christina
« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2009, 04:43PM »

If anyone likes a sort of medieval sound, I'd reccomend Blackmore's Night. I'm a tradtional singer myself, so I often pick stuff that has those kind pf undertones.
However...
I am also a huge fan of Nickleback's new CD, 'Dark Horse'. I loved it, but then I heard the track "Burn it to the Ground" and pretty much died. And also, I could totally see Chloe listening to the CD as well. Smiley
I'd also reccomend Emmy Rossum's solo CD. Pretty good stuff.
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2009, 05:33PM »

I will give some on the Celtic Theme. If you like songs Gaelic take a listen to Julie Fowlis. She sings in Gaelic or Scottish Gaelic which the music is the same as hearing Irish for example. . And is touring the US i found out today she is performing at the end of Feb here at Los Angeles.

Also Celtic Music for stress relief and Celtic Dreams.
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2009, 07:07PM »

I would recommend The Corrs; they're from Ireland and have a magnificent sound. Not only that, the front woman, Andrea Corr, has quite possibly one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard.

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
TheChloeFan

Peace, Love & Chloe

« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2009, 01:37PM »

Don't know if anyone has mentioned her yet...
I like Janelle Reinhart (Christian music, but really good), Taylor Swift (esp. her album Fearless), and some of Miley Cyrus' music.

Oh, Chloe... YOU ARE AMAZING
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: