Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Artists  (Read 482539 times)
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2009, 03:45PM »

Don't know if anyone has mentioned her yet...
I like Janelle Reinhart (Christian music, but really good), Taylor Swift (esp. her album Fearless), and some of Miley Cyrus' music.
Taylor Swift? Ooh, I like her.

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2009, 04:26PM »

My list is toooo  loooooong of music artist
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2009, 04:37PM »

I was raised on bluegrass music so I would have to recommend Rhonda Vincent. She has moved to number two on my list of favorites since I discovered Celtic Woman. Rich, I listened to Luan Parle and she is wonderful! Thanks for the suggestion!
~Elizabeth

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2009, 05:22PM »

I was raised on bluegrass music so I would have to recommend Rhonda Vincent. She has moved to number two on my list of favorites since I discovered Celtic Woman. Rich, I listened to Luan Parle and she is wonderful! Thanks for the suggestion!
~Elizabeth

Ahh yes, Rhonda Vincent. Bluegrass, fiddle and mandolin. She is one of my favorites. Hunter Berry on fiddle, Josh Williams on acoustic guitar and mandolin, Mickey Harris on stand up bass & Kenny Ingram on bango. (I think Josh Williams is no longer with RV and The Rage though). Ever watch him play? One of the fastest guitarists you'll ever see! Blazing speed. It's incredible. I don't have a clue how anyone can play a guitar that fast. But yeah, Rhonda, she's good. Has won more IBMA awards than we could all count.

Of course Alison Krause too, as I'm sure most of you know her.

Patty Loveless is my all-time favorite female Country Music artist.

Megan Mullins (I hope I'm spelling that right) is another of incredible musical talent. She plays everything. One of those people, ya know. You don't ever see much on her but, here's a little piece of info on her.

At 18, she started playing fiddle. What's that? 18? So what? No, I mean 18 months.
Next, she won the Pennsylvania State Fiddlin' Championship. (Ya ready)? At age 3!!
The rest, as they say, is history. (Even at the tender age of 3).

A couple of little 'nuggets' there.

Edit: I had a bit of this about Megan Mullins wrong. Check my post further down in this thread. It's even more interesting than I had remembered.

... Bill
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:49PM by CWFan2 » Logged

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Où est le lait de soja?
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2009, 09:21PM »

Even though she's unfortunatly...well...dead...at way to young of an age....

I'm a big fan of Laura Branigan....who surprisingly alot of people don't know I'm finding out...unless of course, you associate her directly with the song Gloria....

and CWfan2...Alison Krauss is amazing!...I especially love the songs Living Prayer and Jacob's Dream

~Mel.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2009, 09:42PM »

~Elizabeth

Ahh yes, Rhonda Vincent. Bluegrass, fiddle and mandolin. She is one of my favorites. Hunter Berry on fiddle, Josh Williams on acoustic guitar and mandolin, Mickey Harris on stand up bass & Kenny Ingram on bango. (I think Josh Williams is no longer with RV and The Rage though). Ever watch him play? One of the fastest guitarists you'll ever see! Blazing speed. It's incredible. I don't have a clue how anyone can play a guitar that fast. But yeah, Rhonda, she's good. Has won more IBMA awards than we could all count.

Of course Alison Krause too, as I'm sure most of you know her.

Patty Loveless is my all-time favorite female Country Music artist.

Megan Mullins (I hope I'm spelling that right) is another of incredible musical talent. She plays everything. One of those people, ya know. You don't ever see much on her but, here's a little piece of info on her.

At 18, she started playing fiddle. What's that? 18? So what? No, I mean 18 months.
Next, she won the Pennsylvania State Fiddlin' Championship. (Ya ready)? At age 3!!
The rest, as they say, is history. (Even at the tender age of 3).

A couple of little 'nuggets' there.

... Bill

I was able to see RV and The Rage before Josh Williams left the group and I sat pretty close to the front. I play the guitar so I was trying to watch his hands, but they were moving WAY to fast for my eyes to follow. I have had the opportunity to meet her on several occasions and she is truly a fantastic person. She's very kind and gracious. I love the other artists you mentioned as well.
~Elizabeth

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2009, 12:52PM »

I listen to Laura Branigan on radio. Though radio formats generally bad and the label and management did what they did for her.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2009, 07:51PM »

An Update to my somewhat wrong info about Megan Mullins. This is more like it ...

At only 18 months old, Megan Mullins started Suzuki violin lessons. At age 3, she won the Indiana State Fair Showmanship award at the state fiddling championship, singing and playing "Rocky Top" and also began performing professionally with her brother, Marcus. At age 5, she performed on the Crook & Chase TV show. At 10, Mullins became the youngest concertmaster in the Fort Wayne Youth Symphony. She won the Ohio Grand Champion fiddle contest at age 10 and the Young Artist Classical Competition in Fort Wayne at age 11. She and Marcus performed on the Grand Ole Opry when she was just 14. A year later, she graduated from high school. Mullins is proficient in fiddle, mandolin, guitar, viola, piano, accordion, clarinet and cello. In 2005 and 2006, she served as the utility player in the house band for the country music TV series, Nashville Star.

... Bill

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2009, 08:03PM »

Wow, great experience, so far, and obviously, a very bright future.
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2009, 09:44PM »

Anyone with that kind of, obviously, natural talent, at that young of an age and one who can play that many different instruments, apparently without any problem what-so-ever, has got to be, at the very least, a border-line Prodigy. I'm certainly not an expert on what constitutes a Prodigy and what doesn't. But it would seem to me that, people with that level of natural, God-given musical talent, are few and far between. Could you imagine, at a young age like that, realizing and/or being told, that you possess that kind of natural musical talent?

... Bill

Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2009, 08:59AM »

Sixpence None The Richer. Grin

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
ina

« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34PM »

A singer from Brittany. Cecile Corbel.

She is very good.

http://www.myspace.com/cecilecorbel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQZ35EAeSGQ
jons
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2009, 07:26AM »

When Popstars Dress Sense Attack

I don’t know if it has something to do with the current economical climate or if its just the time of the year, but a raft of popstars are starting to dress in some rather bizarre ways. If it is the credit crunch then Lady GaGa has an excuse; she’s not wearing many clothes to save money.

First up is the sublime Will Young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB03CJwtJs

The song is great, the lyrics are thought provoking. Unfortunately Will has taken the lyrics ‘Let It Go’ a bit too seriously. Your going to get chucked out of places if you start dressing up as Mr Incredible. It stands to reason.

Duffy - fresh from her big win at the Brits and she thinks she can get away with anything! And she can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ3sCdXd70Y

Yes, only Duffy can get away with wearing clothes like that while talking a short cut through a supermarket on a bike.

Vanessa Hudgens is back! Yaaaaaaaa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXWWjJ444js

Sneakers are good! Especially the glowing ones. They attract other people with glowing sneakers and make you all dance in synch. Cool!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:02AM by jons » Logged
raven_christina
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39AM »

I've also been listening to Flogging Molly. Heh, talk about an extremes of Irish music. Celtic Woman on one end, Flogging Molly on the other. -snerk- Also, I LOVE the Dropkick Murphys!
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2009, 09:41AM »

Oh Dropkick Murphey's are good!

Cranberries are my favorite along with Gaelic Storm! Celtic Crossroads is a good group.

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: